Amazon is out with its annual announcement heralding the success of its Cyber-5 weekend holiday-shopping performance in typically vague terms. “Amazon customers worldwide order hundreds of millions of items between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday,” it proclaimed.
When it came to sales of third-party merchants, it provided no specifics, declaring only that shoppers purchased more items from independent third-party sellers on Cyber Monday 2019 than ever before on a single day.
Top-selling categories worldwide during the holiday weekend included Toys, Home, Fashion and Health and Personal Care.
Some additional information of interest included in Amazon’s press release were the following:
- Amazon sold tens of millions of toys (best-sellers included LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader’s Castle, Monopoly Game: Disney Frozen 2 Edition and Hasbro games such as Jenga, Guess Who and Candy Land Kingdom of Sweet Adventures).
- Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day for Amazon Fashion worldwide, with more items purchased than any other single day in the company’s history. (Best-sellers included Carhartt Men’s Acrylic Watch Hat and Champion Men’s Powerblend Fleece Pullover Hoodie.)
- Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 25 million “home” items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, combined.
- Customers worldwide purchased more than four million beauty products this Cyber Monday compared to last year (best-sellers including Oral-B Genius Pro 900 Electric Toothbrush, Lagunamoon Essential Oils Top 6 Gift Set and L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara).
- Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally and the best-selling items were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, thanked customers and employees “for making this holiday shopping weekend the best yet.”
You can find all of the details in the press release on the AboutAmazon.com website.