Sellers are looking forward to the traffic expected on Amazon Prime Day, which will be held on July 12 this year, and the company issued a press release today to say how important small business and sellers on Amazon are to the success of the shopping event, and to preview some deals.
“The contribution of over 2 million small businesses and sellers on Amazon brings vast selection and great prices to Amazon customers around the World,” Amazon spokesperson Tom Cook told EcommerceBytes. And thanks to sellers who use its fulfillment services, Amazon is growing the number of Prime Day deals from third-party merchants.
Beyond the obvious benefit of more traffic to the marketplace, Amazon said Prime Day also helps sellers prepare for the upcoming holiday season by providing feedback and more customer reviews on their new and top selling products
Here are some factoids that show Amazon is welcoming more deals from its merchants than the inaugural event last July:
- There is an over 100% increase in sellers and small businesses worldwide participating in Prime Day in 2016, offering thousands of deals on unique items from electronics to toys, household goods, and apparel.
- Last Prime Day, Prime members purchased more than 14 million items from sellers and small businesses. This year for Prime Day 2016, more than 30 percent of Lightning Deals globally will be from sellers.
- During Prime Day 2016 in the U.S., customers will find twice as many deals from sellers and small businesses.
Amazon also used the press release to give a plug to Fulfillment by Amazon services, reminding readers that FBA helps sellers around the world “extend the Prime guarantee of free and fast delivery, while increasing the visibility of their products every day and on Prime Day.”
“Prime Day gives small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon from around the world a peak sales day during the summer months,” said Peter Faricy, Vice President for the Amazon Marketplace.
Amazon also provided a sneak peak of a few Prime Day deals:
- Segway miniPRO – Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter – save 20 percent
- LunoWear Men’s Wood Watch – save 35 percent
- LSTN Headphones and speakers – save up to 50 percent
- Fayebeline Boutique Baby Clothing – save 20 percent
While best known for its free 2-day shipping benefit, the $99 annual membership in Prime also provides members with additional benefits including unlimited Free Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in 27 metro areas, and one and two-hour delivery with Prime Now on tens of thousands of items available in more than 25 metro areas.
“In addition to fast, free shipping, members have access to unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, more than one million songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos and one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First.”