Auctiva is surveying eBay sellers about using other marketplaces as it prepares to launch a new product called Auctiva Multi-Channel.
Auctiva Product Manager Natasha Burns told EcommerceBytes that after 18 years of providing selling solutions exclusively for eBay, “this last year we decided it was time to move with the market and start expanding to more channels.”
“Our main focus for Auctiva Multi-Channel is to help sellers create new listings and manage their existing listings across multiple marketplaces efficiently, with a huge emphasis on automatic synchronization for product quantities and a new, enhanced 1-Page Multi-Channel Lister,” she said.
The survey asks sellers to indicate which channels they currently sell on and provides the following options from which to select: eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Walmart, Ruby Lane, Bonanza, Jet, NewEgg, TopHatter, “My Own Website,” and Other.
Auctiva also listed the following selling-related tasks and asked survey participants to rank them in order of importance:
- Creating new listings by using my product’s UPC, EAN or ISBN.
- Review & adjust my listing’s price and quantity.
- See reports of my products performance and sale data.
- Creating eBay auctions.
- Keeping my listing quantities across channels in sync automatically, so that I don’t have to manually manage them.
- Creating new, unique listings that do not have a UPC, EAN, ISBN, ASIN or EPID.
- Being able to use Auctiva with different languages other than English.
- Managing my listings from my mobile device.
- Editing the details of my listings such as the shipping, checkout and return details.
- Managing my FBA products.
- Uploading new products from a file.
- Marketing my products.
- Using Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfillment service.
Burns said the initial launch of Auctiva Multi-Channel will support eBay and Amazon with plans to expand channel integrations over time. “As for the pending launch date, we’re still in the development stage, but we anticipate the release date to be near the end of Q3.”
“The entire team here at Auctiva could not be more excited about this, and the feedback we’ve received from our sellers so far has not only been helpful, but extremely motivating,” she said. “It’s really amazing to talk one-on-one with our sellers and really understand the struggles they face when selling online as it provides us with the information we need in order to build helpful solutions.”
Auctiva also tweeted an invitation for sellers to sign up to express their interest in beta testing the new solution.