Mercari is kicking off a promotion offering zero-commission selling for guitars, basses, amps and related gear. The Zero Strings Attached promotion applies to new listings created between June 20 and July 17, 2019 and sold by August 14, when Mercari’s normal 10% selling fee resumes.
Mercari spokesperson Bradford Williams made no bones about the goal of the promotion: “We want to take guitar transactions away from eBay and Reverb. We want guitar sellers to see for themselves how Mercari compares.”
Mercari is a mobile buying and selling app with zero listing fees and a flat 10% selling fee. It has a classifieds vibe, but all items ship. It placed in this year’s Sellers Choice Awards, where you can read feedback from Mercari sellers.
Mercari Zero Strings Attached Terms and Conditions follow:
The following terms and conditions apply for listing(s) to qualify for the Zero Strings Attached promotion:
- You must have an open account with Mercari.
- You must have completed all verification required to create a listing on Mercari.
- You agree to abide by Mercari’s Terms of Service.
- You may create a listing beginning on June 19, 2019 at 8:00 PM PT and ending on July 17, 2019 at 5:00PM PT to be eligible for the zero percent selling fee (”Eligible Product”). However, the Eligible Product must also be sold by August 14, 2019 at 5:00PM PT to receive the zero percent selling fee.
- You must create a listing according to Mercari’s Marketplace guidelines in one of the following musical instrument categories: Guitars, Bass Guitars or Amplifiers & Effects.
- The following musical instrument products are eligible for the Zero Strings Attached promotion:
Ukulele(s) and travel guitar(s)
Guitar effects and pedals
Listings that do not meet all requirements for the Zero Strings Attached Terms and Conditions shall be subject to Mercari’s selling fee.