eBay issued a reminder of imminent changes, including new seller benchmarks and fee changes. Among the changes: eBay is requiring sellers to enter a zip code for item shipping location, and it will institute a new automated returns protocol.
eBay is also discouraging sellers from listing a single item in multiple categories with a new fee policy.
eBay announcement follows:
In the 2018 Summer Seller Update, we announced new changes to the eBay marketplace that will go into effect later this summer. We also recently notified sellers that a change in final value fees that was scheduled for May 1, 2018 has been rescheduled. Beginning July 1, 2018, when you list an item in two or more categories and there is a difference in final value fees between the categories, the highest final value fee will apply when your item sells. List your items in one “best fit” category rather than multiple categories to ensure that the most accurate and helpful search results show up in buyers’ searches.
Announced changes going live in July
– Service metrics and peer benchmarks. New service metrics and peer benchmarks will give you new competitive insights and greater visibility into after-sale requests that aren’t meeting buyers’ expectations.
– Returns automation. An enhanced returns process will save up to one week of processing time for you and your buyers. eBay may immediately accept a return request by providing a return shipping label to a buyer when you receive a return request, and you will have two business days to review a returned item and issue a refund.
– Zip code requirement. You will be required to enter a zip code for your item’s shipping location, which will help us provide your buyers with more accurate delivery estimates.
Announced changes going live in August
– Returns policy updates. Listings that have not been updated to one of the five new returns policies (including Good ‘Til Cancelled listings) will be automatically updated by eBay for you.
– Ability to suggest edits to the eBay catalog. You will be able to suggest edits to the eBay catalog for products that that you may feel are inaccurate or missing critical information.
– Ability to create new products in the eBay catalog. You will also be able to create new products for consideration to the catalog.
Thank you for selling on eBay.
SOURCE: eBay Announcement