eBay said it is monitoring the wildfires in Southern California and provided a phone number for sellers to request account protection if they are impacted by the ongoing devastating weather event.
eBay is closely monitoring the path of the Southern California Wildfires. To those sellers who may be affected, please stay safe and do what’s critical right now: taking care of yourself, family and community.
If there is any disruption to your business, please contact customer service to request protections against incidents that may impact your Seller Performance status. What this means:
– You will not receive defects for stock-outs due to fire damage or unresolved cases with buyers.
– Your late shipment rate will not be impacted.
– Please contact eBay customer service at 1 (866) 540-3229 to request these protections.
If you are able to, there are a few things you can do now to help protect your business:
– Communicate with buyers whose items have not yet been shipped and let them know your situation.
– End any auctions, take down any Buy It Now listings before they result in a sale. We will not charge a fee for ending a listing early.
– If you are an eBay Stores subscriber, place your store in vacation mode and extend your handling time on all items to when you think you can get back to business.
If you don’t have direct internet access, eBay can help you make the necessary changes. Please contact customer service at 1 (866) 540-3229 and update them on your situation.
Everyone here at eBay sends our best wishes to all those in the path of the fires.
SOURCE: eBay Announcement