Hurricane Harvey has pummeled parts of Texas and Louisiana, and eBay vowed to automatically protect sellers impacted by the storm. Those sellers whom eBay identifies as being impacted will not receive defects for stockouts or unresolved cases with buyers, and their “late shipment rate” will not be impacted. eBay is also partnering with four charities to raise funds for relief aid.
To Our Texas Community: Protection Will Be Automatically Applied to Sellers Impacted by Harvey
Please stay safe and take care of what’s most important right now, you, your family and your community. Here at eBay, the entire staff is sending our support and wishing those impacted a speedy recovery.
Due to the severity of Hurricane Harvey, many sellers may be impacted. eBay will automatically apply Seller Protection to all impacted sellers, including:
– You will not receive defects for stockouts or unresolved cases with buyers
– Your late shipment rate will not be impacted
If your merchandise has been damaged or you will not be able to access it, we recommend:
– Ending any auctions/taking down any Buy It Now listings before they result in a sale. We will not charge a fee for ending a listing early.
– If you are an eBay Stores subscriber, place your store in vacation mode and extend your handling time on all items to when you can get back to business.
– If you need customer service, please call us at 1 (866) 540-3229.
eBay is partnering with four charities to raise funds for relief aid. This week, we’re matching donations up to $250,000 to four organizations supporting disaster relief efforts in Texas and throughout the U.S. Additionally, eBay is making a $100,000 donation to support relief efforts throughout the Gulf Coast. The eBay community–buyers, sellers and employees–is a caring and generous community and we encourage all of you to help by donating here.
SOURCE: eBay Announcement