Bonanza revealed the results of its annual seller survey and shared its product roadmap for the coming year. One of the questions the online marketplace asked sellers was, “If we could add one specific feature or fix one bug, what would it be?”
Explaining that every response was read, Bonanza revealed the following roadmap for the first quarter of 2016 – “As always, your feedback helps us decide what features to add or change, and how important those features might be to you. Based on your input, we’ve put together a roadmap for the start of the year. Here’s what we have on our plate for the first quarter of 2016.”
- Clarify “My Booth” vs “My Bonanza” navigation in header
- Do a better job of identifying duplicate listings in sellers’ booth
- New “Add and Duplicate” button on the item listing form
- Batch print order summaries for record keeping
- Make it easier for sellers to separate active and inactive items in their booths
- Make it more clear in the batch editor why an item is “incomplete”
- Edit attributes in-place in the batch editor – currently in development
- Do a better job of keeping inventory synched with eBay up to date – currently in development
- Better item stats page – currently in development
- Improve the Bonanza Sellers mobile app for both iOS and Android – currently in development
- Better item description template imports – currently in development
Bonanza said it received almost 25,000 responses to the survey. Among the findings: over 75% of sellers said they’d recommend Bonanza to their friends.
The top four places Bonanza sellers reported also selling their goods were eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and their own website. The number one complaint about both Amazon and eBay was that their fees were too high, followed by the complaint that their customer service left something to be desired.
As for what sellers liked about Bonanza: Easy inventory management; item synchronization with other marketplaces; and customer support.
You can find the full announcement on the Bonanza blog.