eBay UK sent an email to sellers this week informing them it was “connecting them with buyers” through its new global marketing campaign and advising them to be ready. The UK marketplace has also opened a Christmas Shop.
“Our first ever global marketing campaign kicks off this month,” eBay told sellers in the email. “We’ll be highlighting the huge variety of products on eBay with the message that, whatever inspires you can all be yours on eBay. This is what we’re investing in to make eBay central to your peak trading success.”
eBay provided sellers with the following tips:
- Keep buyers happy and make listings more competitive with a great retail-like shopping experience: offer Click & Collect, Fast & Free shipping and an extended returns window.
- Ensure your items appear correctly on mobile devices with clear descriptions, pictures and in search results with item specifics on colour, size, and more.
- Understand your sales and list quickly and efficiently with enhanced selling tools available in Selling Manager and the Bulk Listings tool.
- Upload your full inventory and make sure it’s easy to find with accurate categorisation and item specifics.
- Increase your basket size with Promotions Manager, offering effective promotions and offers.
The email included a link to a “Sell Successfully” portal on the eBay UK websitecontaining more tips.
Meanwhile, the new eBay Christmas Shop highlights five categories: Gifts, Electronics, Toys, Fashion, and Home. In addition to displaying top items in each category, eBay showcases some “Collections” and “Christmas Guides” for ideas for gift-givers, such as the “Christmas Gifts for Cooks and Food Lovers” guide published by eBay.