Amazon had some important reminders for third-party sellers this month. First, sellers who use Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) should weed out inventory that’s not moving. Amazon will assess its bi-annual FBA Long-Term Storage fee on August 15, 2014.
“To avoid being charged, you can automatically remove your aged inventory (units that have been in an Amazon fulfillment center for more than 365 days) using Automated Long-Term Storage Removals,” the company reminded sellers. “You can enable or edit these settings in the Fulfillment by Amazon section of the Settings dropdown menu.”
Amazon also recently announced information about its annual holiday-season restrictions in the Toys & Games category. Only sellers who meet the following criteria will be eligible to sell in the Toys & Games category, which go into effect November 18, 2014 through the first week in January 2015.
- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 18, 2014. The sale does not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders from September 1 through October 31, 2014. The orders do not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate for the period from October 1 through October 31, 2014 must be no greater than 1.75%.
- Your late shipment rate for the period from October 1 through October 31, 2014 must be no greater than 4%.
- Your order defect rate must be no greater than 1% short term as of November 1, 2014.
Sellers who use Amazon Webstore 1.0 are also subject to the guidelines (if you do not have a drop down box with your Webstore name at the top right of the page in Seller Central, then you are a Webstore 1.0 seller).
Sellers who use Amazon FBA are not subject to the above criteria, provided their account is in good standing.
Amazon also reminded FBA sellers it would be retiring the Manage FBA Inventory page later this year “so we can focus our efforts and resources on maintaining the newly-revamped Manage Inventory page” – see information on the Streamlined Shipment Creation and Inventory Management Tools help page.