For buyers and sellers on the go, eBay made a number of enhancements to its mobile apps and mobile website that make both shopping and selling easier, including additional search capabilities.
“We want to provide eBay buyers and sellers with the ability to easily browse, shop, sell and manage their eBay activity whenever and wherever they are, no matter what device or platform,” said Kevin Hurst, eBay Vice President of Mobile Products. “With these most recent updates, we’re making the overall experience better with significantly faster performance, inspired home pages for product discovery, expanded support for in-store pick-up and more.”
eBay made it easier for sellers to relist and price items using mobile apps on the iPhone 3.3, iPad 3.3 and Android. It made it easier to sell and search on Windows 8 with a new selling launch page and refine options for search.
And for sellers who visit the eBay website on mobile devices rather than downloading eBay apps, they can list items for sale and make and respond to Best Offers.
Additional features added to the eBay mobile app for iPhone 3.3 and iPad 3.3 include:
- eBay for iPad now features a new in-store pick-up option to make local shopping easy. The service is further enhanced for iPhone users with new Passbook support, enabling a faster and easier in-store experience and quick access to key information like store location, directions, hours and order number.
- The iPhone app now places the most important content front and center on the home page with a preview of Personalized Feed – a personalized stream of items inspired by what users want, need and love.
- The iPhone app now provides the ability to search for sellers.
- The iPhone and iPad app include the addition of reviews for catalog items providing users with the important information they need for their purchase decision.
Additional features added to the eBay mobile app for Android 2.6 include:
- The Android app gives users access to new eBay active notifications, a one-tap, visual shortcut for making timely bid or buy actions.
- The Android app offers improved search with the ability to personalize and save settings.
Additional features added to the eBay mobile app for Windows 8 include:
- Windows 8 features a new home page with instant access to their Feed, daily deals and the most important actions.
- Windows 8 offers an enhanced Interface: products are front and center with larger images in the View Items screen along with fixed buttons to easily Watch, Buy, Add to Care or Increase Bid.
And eBay added an enhanced user experience for visitors to its mobile website, including the ability to list items for sale, make and respond to Best Offers and to search and browse Daily Deals. It also features a home page redesign including eBay’s Personalized Feed design.
The iOS, Android and Windows updates are available today with mobile web coming soon. See details on the eBay blog.