eBay is running a free-listing promotion in advance of Thanksgiving week. All sellers can participate in the 5-day promotion, and it includes all formats: auction-style, auction-style with Buy It Now, or fixed price formats. Listing durations of 3, 5, 7, and 30 days are included.
The promotion runs from November 21 – 25, 2013. In its announcement, eBay wrote, “Celebrate an amazing 2013 and get a jump on Black Friday and Cyber Monday selling” – sellers can list up to 2,013 auction-style or fixed price listings and pay no insertion fees. “It’s the perfect way to attract last-minute holiday shoppers who don’t want to wait.”
All existing selling limits as well as category and item limits apply and may exclude sellers from creating the maximum number of listings. “Most categories are included,” eBay said.
The company also offered tips on how to “best take advantage of this promotion and capture Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and last-minute holiday sales”:
- List your hottest items, and price competitively;
- Take advantage of the 30-day listing duration;
- Let your buyer make a deal – add Best Offer for FREE;
- Give your buyer the option to secure the item now- add Buy It Now for FREE.
- Reevaluate your shipping practices to ensure gift items will arrive in time.
- Offer free expedited service to make your listings Fast ‘N Free.
- Make sure your listings look great when viewed on mobile devices.
Michael Jones, Vice President of Merchant Development, signed the announcement, and wrote, “Thank you for making 2013 an incredible year, and enjoy the savings.”
All other fees apply, see eBay website for details and restrictions.