eBay Motors will begin offering all US buyers access to extended service contracts on new, used, and refurbished automotive parts and accessories. The offering is available through a partnership with Assurant Solutions. Buyers can participate in the company’s Assurant Protection Plan through eBay Motors.
eBay Motors General manager Sree Menon said that coupled with its current Vehicle Protection Program, “customers will now have an extra layer of protection to facilitate worry-free shopping.”
eBay offers 49 million parts and accessories for sale on the Motors marketplace. Menon said, “At eBay, our customers are top of mind, and we are continually looking for ways to help improve the buying and selling process on eBay.”
The Assurant Protection Plan on eBay Motors will offer the following:
- Extended service contracts for new and used parts and accessories, such as stereos, GPS systems and tools;
- Protection for one-to-two years for new auto parts, tools and electronic components against mechanical and electrical failures
- Protection for six months to one-year for used and refurbished auto parts, tools and electronic components against mechanical and electrical failures
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- An on-demand online claims submission
- Anytime cancellation – including a full refund within the first 30 days
More information about the program is available on the eBay website.