Have you ever wished you could give your eBay buyers an incentive for buying your item or spending more with you? If you operate an eBay Store (for which the company charges a monthly subscription fee), now you can.
As reported by EcommerceBytes in March, eBay has been readying new merchandising features for Store owners that help sellers increase their overall order size. With the new Promotions tool, sellers can run an “order size offer,” for example, to encourage buyers to purchase additional items by offering a discount, such as, “Save 20% when you spend $100 or more.”
The Promotions tool has been available to sellers as part of a beta test under its former name, eBay Sales Maximizer.
Sellers should be aware that items must have PayPal as one of the valid payment options, and auctions are not supported. (Once a buyer has made a “best offer bid” on an auction with a Buy It Now option, and that bid is accepted, the item is no longer eligible for order discount or related item discount offers.)
Sellers can now create the following types of offers:
- Order size offers: Promote the purchase of more than one item – or spending over a certain amount per transaction – by offering dollars off, percentage off, or a free item per multiple item purchase. Some examples include: Save $10 when you spend $100 or more; Buy 3, get 1 of the items free; Buy 1, get 1 at 50% off.
- Conditional free shipping offers: Promote free shipping offers. Some examples include: Free shipping on orders over $100; Free shipping on orders over $50 on at least 2 qualifying items; Free shipping when you buy at least 3 qualifying items.
- Cross sell (related items offers): Inspire the purchase of multiple items by bundling related items and offering a percentage discount. Some examples include: Buy a camera, get 10% off select accessories; Buy a TV, get $25 off a Blu-Ray player; Buy ink cartridges with your printer at no extra cost.
- Targeted coupons: Offer digital coupons to select buyers only. Some examples include: Save $10 when you spend $50 or more; Buy a blue ray player and get a free blue ray disc; Buy 2, get 1 at 50% off.
- Sale events: Increase visibility on all discounted items by merchandising them together on a “Sales page” for easy buyer access. Some examples include: Save up to 30% on all women’s Prada shoes; Save up to 75% on all men’s suits; Save up to 40% on Star Wars Lego sets.
Discounts will be on top of any marked down prices created through eBay’s Markdown Manager feature..
eBay calculates its final value fee based on the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item after discount, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge, excluding any sales tax.
Sellers can find the new Promotions tools by going to My eBay > Account > Marketing Tools > Manage Promotions. More information is available on the eBay website, and see the full announcement on the eBay announcement board.