Mon Sept 26 2022 09:03:06

eBay Bookseller Bewildered by Bad Experience

By: Reader

I have 7000 positive eBay feedback, always try and do right thing - even give money back when not warranted.

Recently a person with 5 feedback gives me negative because books took 10 days to arrive. I politely pointed out media mail takes awhile.

They left negative feedback because it took so long. First I took lower offer when I did not have best offer enabled. Second my listing stated free media mail. Third I sent in multiple boxes at my expense, because I did not want damage on heavy books.

They left negative feedback because second box was misrouted by USPS before it arrived in ten days. I reported to eBay feedback they say nothing they can do ?

I am bewildered.
BRB

Perminate Link for eBay Bookseller Bewildered by Bad Experience   eBay Bookseller Bewildered by Bad Experience

by: Frank Abagnale This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 26 10:29:53 2022

Ebay won't do anything because you don't have a You Tube channel to tell people about your experience.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Mon Sep 26 10:49:25 2022

@BRB (the OP) - You have to realize that you can't please all your buyers, no matter what you do for them. Respond to the feedback, block the buyer, and then move on. It's not worth stressing over.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 26 11:37:12 2022

Feedback left under the circumstances described often reveals much more about the buyer than the seller.  It’s also a good opportunity to fill in any part of their ‘opinion’ they may have ‘overlooked’ in their obstinance.

‘We are sincerely sorry you found the shipping service option you chose to be so distasteful.’

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Sep 26 13:05:59 2022

@BRB

If you requested the FB be removed on the site, that method rarely works.  It is best when trying to get FB removed to actually talk with someone at Ebay usually on Twitter or Facebook if you can.

One thing you should always do before trying to get a FB removed is make sure you closely review the Buyer's FB they leave for others.  If they show a history of negatives or neutrals, that can show abuse.  And if you can prove the buyer abuses the FB system, for that reason alone they should remove the FB on your account.

Good Luck.

This user has validated their user name. by: COVID-19

Mon Sep 26 20:17:31 2022

10 days is not long. I remember when things used to take 30 days to arrive via the mail. Buyer must be one of those snowflakes trained / conditioned by Amazon to salivate as soon as an order is placed.

by: railady This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 26 22:06:36 2022

@BRB, I would suggest that you stop being bewildered and take the advice here to heart. With 7000 FBs, a few negs will have essentially no effect.  You sound kind hearted and really wanting to please your customers.

I got a Neg because I gave a seller a Neutral, not complaining but SUGGESTING that she consider using larger boxes to pack items.  (She mailed me a china cream pitcher that she shoved into a box that was so small, the box took on the hourglass like shape of the pitcher, which pushed out the sides of the box.  I still can't believe it arrived intact.)

You can please some of the people most of the time, all of the people some of the time and even none of the people numerous times, but some of these dimwits are just dense and don't get it as others have said above.  Don't let this idiocy bother you for a second.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 27 20:56:16 2022

@Frank Abagnale - 10000000000000000000000000000000% right!

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Sep 27 20:59:34 2022

Dear OP

eBay doesnt care about sellers, PERIOD.

They only care about what Youtubers say, what Wall Street says, what the menu is at Walkers and what buyers feel (poor babies).

The TRUTH is not in eBays lexicon nor is fairness.

At 8000+ feedbacks - I get those too - and eBay is as helpful as a cardboard box in a typhoon.

And people wonder WHY they get badmouthed (it wouldnt cost them 1 thin dime OR the buyer if it was removed - not every one needs to get their pound of flesh all the time as an eBay buyer)

by: ssusannss This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 29 00:35:57 2022

@railady, that was an undeserved neutral you gave. Your item didn’t break. You could have sent the seller a private message if you felt the need to complain. Apparently since the item came to you intact, the seller knew what they were doing.

by: critical_sceptic This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 29 00:47:10 2022

I've requested and had negative and neutral  feedback for reasons outside my control, including slow shipping, item lost in transit, removed by eBay.

by: Jono77 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 29 05:12:40 2022

It varies from one agent to another. I've been told "we can't remove feedback because it's a matter of opinion" A week later I ask again and it gets removed. There are a lot of stone cold jobsworths at eBay. You just need to find an agent with a conscience.

Don't let it eat you up because it's not the end of the world. I buy stuff all the time and I never look at anyone's feedback before I purchase because I know I can return anything that is not as described. Feedback is more or less obsolete.

by: Dragonfyree This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 29 09:58:35 2022

Been on Ebay since 1998 and sometimes wish I got a negative so I could stop worrying about it as I also never had one.

Almost got one during lockdown for lateness but they revised it 2 days later with an apology thru e-mail.  She was an older woman who told her daughter (an Ebay seller) that she had to leave a negative.  She said her daughter explained how feedback was supposed to work and she was so sorry.

I don't think feedback means anything anymore, I only look at it when one of my sons is thinking about buying something expensive, they will have me checking out the seller for them.

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 29 15:33:52 2022

calmly reply to it with something like "i'm sorry that your book took 10 days to arrive, media mail can often take from 2-3 weeks"  anyone who often buys books will see that and realize it was out of your control.

by: CT Bay This user has validated their user name.

Sat Oct 1 08:18:40 2022

If you sell enough you will get a negative feedback. Don’t worry about it.

Feedback became useless and irrelevant when returns started. Feedback was the only way you knew you were not going to get scammed when mailing a money order for the auction you won. That system is long gone and feedback is a relic.
   Nobody reads it before they buy something. It doesn’t matter.