Thu July 14 2022 22:05:38

Seller Abstains from Listing Since Launch of New eBay Tool

By: Reader

I was just hoping (and what seems like thousands of other full time sellers) you could shed some light in the fact that it's been 3 months now since eBay forced the new unified listing tool on a portion of us. It is a mobile app that was extremely poorly adapted to a desktop. Not adapted at all really - that is the problem.

After being engaged for a week or two, eBay has gone silent and is not even responding to community request to fix it and make it more of a desktop tool like the classic version.

I personally have "NOT" listed over 600 items that I normally would have in that time period (which is not sustainable for our business). The new tool is just so terribly designed and built that it frustrates listers to no end. Constant clicking and hidden toggles that all should be in plain site on the main page instead of in secret popup boxes make the process painful.

eBay at least NEEDS to inform us if they are even considering improving the tool or if it is just screw you - that's what we want.
Thanks.

Perminate Link for Seller Abstains from Listing Since Launch of New e   Seller Abstains from Listing Since Launch of New e

by: Amberlin This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 15 00:35:01 2022

I've posted my feelings about this in here before, but I'll post it again: I'm a 23 year seller and the MINUTE they force that POS tool on me, I'm out of there for GOOD.
I have a perfect html template that has worked for me for decades and has allowed me to pay Ebay TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars. They don't want us? So be it.

I see absolutely NO reason why they can't have two tools. One for the phone addicted lazy morons who want to lie in bed and put TERRIBLE looking listings up and the other one for us on desktops who CARE about continued successful good business.

These decisions/changes they make are absolutely BRAINLESS.

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 15 02:10:05 2022

EVERYTHING is now double or triple clicks.
I used to have 200 listings. Now I have 25-35.
You're too much trouble, eBay.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Jul 15 03:25:16 2022

When you are in the listing tool.  On the upper right side of your screen, do you see a way to click on something that will let you go back to the old listing tool since this new one is not yet required?

I still use the old form.  There is a spot on the upper right side to go into the new listing tool, but I'm not willing to do that as I've read about too many problems.  I've also read that some have been able to go back to the old form too.  But I'm not sure if they had an option on screen or had to call Ebay to get back to the old form.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 15 12:15:47 2022

“ eBay at least NEEDS to inform us if they are even considering improving the tool or if it is just screw you - ..”

Asked and answered.  (Hint: BOHICA). For almost every issue that is eBay.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Jul 15 13:16:09 2022

They did announce it.

fied-listing-experience/ba-p/31536605

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 16 11:34:27 2022

Yes...they "announced" it...17 months ago. There's no going back.

The new listing experience will become the default for some sellers starting in February, and for all sellers through this spring. Try it out now and let us know what you think.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Jul 16 13:07:28 2022

How often do you need them to announce a change?

If you read my other post, I clearly said I am avoiding it for as long as I can.

Simply stating that it was announced doesn't mean anymore than it was announced.  You tend to read more into a simple post that is said or even intended simply because you don't like it.

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 16 13:16:15 2022

It became the default a year ago. How are you still avoiding it?

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Jul 16 13:22:12 2022

It is not the "default" form yet.  Some have been forced into it, others opt'd into it and other have not yet been forced or opt'd.  I'm one that is still able to use the old form and will continue to do so until I'm forced into the new form.

by: Fried Chicken Addiction This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 03:55:17 2022

I found a great way to avoid the listing tool in two easy steps!
All you have to do is go into your account settings and,

1. click the Delete Account button.
2. Start selling on another site.

I did this 8 months ago and life is so great!

I come on here, read the comments and cannot for the life of me figure out why people are still fighting with eBay...it's not gonna get any better folks.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 04:28:21 2022

I don't know about the mobile app, but I use a desktop computer.  Everything works with a desktop.  IMO some sites (like EB) are so quick to go mobile, their coders or software engineers don't have the skills to adequately and correctly sync the various operating systems (Android/Windows/Apple) to that they work cross O/S platforms.

by: Marty2020 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 06:58:51 2022

I only list using my desktop and am till able to use the old form. I am one of those who wait until the very last second to use ebay "improvements" they force on the seller.

by: spooky This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 18 09:20:09 2022

their app for iphone has not worked in a month. I message them on Twitter every week and they say they're aware and working on it

by: Sierra This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 19 17:27:23 2022

I tried the new listing tool (on my laptop) when it was first made available to me several months ago. The messaging indicated that I'd be able to revert to the listing form we all seem to love. Except I couldn't. I freaked out! I haaaated the new listing tool and wanted the heck out of there! I ended up calling eBay support and got a very friendly (U.S.-based) rep. Unfortunately, this tool was new to her as well so she didn't know how to get me back to the old listing tool. She asked her manager a couple of times and shared what she'd been told ... except I didn't have that option on my account/browser/whatever. Then a day or two later I got it ... and was THEN able to get the heck out of the newfangled listing tool. I never EVER want to see that thing again! I have shared this tale  with eBay several times, whenever I see a "feedback" link!

eBay: WE, the sellers, are your customers. Some of us have been selling on eBay for many years (24 years for me). We know what we're doing. We have stuff to list, and don't want to play games or jump thru hoops to get that done. There is NOTHING wrong with the current listing tool and I will be verrrry ticked off if you take that away (especially the image editor ... it is THE BEST!).

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Wed Jul 20 02:01:26 2022

I gave up on the eBay Sell Your Item form in 2004. I tried TurboLister but found that undocumented keyboard combinations would delete listings. After meeting the developers at eBay Live in New Orleans, I moved to SAPro,, Blackthorne, and now SixBit. I have not looked back.

Who needs a listing tool so complicated that even the IRS would be jealous?