Tue May 10 2022 08:16:39

Seller Told eBay International Standard Only Protects Feedback

By: Reader

Second problem this year. Last month I lost out on $800 clock. This morning much less money but I can no longer offer international shipping due to non delivery problems.

I sold a silver trophy cup with Chinese characters to China buyer last month. After 3 weeks he opened a claim about non delivery. Tracking shows it is in China with numerous tracking links.

This morning eBay refunded him from my funds. I used eBay International Standard (EIS). I appealed and contacted eBay on Twitter and Facebook.

I was told by eBay Twitter the protection is "feedback" only. Everything I read says eBay would protect the seller??? I can't open a claim as there is no link for the claim.

I am near certain the eBay shipping labeled defaulted to first class with address direct to buyer in China. I double checked and I am certain I used EIS as I now never ever use my own First Class or Priority labels due to problems when Covid began in 2020.

Am I wrong about eBay International Standard in that it offers zero protection for non delivery?
Thanks,
Rich

Perminate Link for Seller Told eBay International Standard Only Prote   Seller Told eBay International Standard Only Prote

by: ThebigR This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 10 10:25:08 2022

Thats why you should use ebays global shipping program all you have to do is get it to Kentucky...

by: papergoy This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 10 11:26:51 2022

They use a third party insurer and I was reimbursed on one item but it was more like $50.  I believe that might be the upper limits on the program insurance- but it was pretty seamless once I filed a claim- they sent the money back via paypal which I found interesting as well.

by: GetAGrip This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 10 11:47:41 2022

Does Sleaze Bay guarantee anything to the seller with the exception of taking your money and then blowing you off.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed May 11 01:18:45 2022

Rich, see if this link helps you.

by: spooky This user has validated their user name.

Thu May 12 09:39:46 2022

EIS and Global Shipping are exact same with one exception - EIS does not collect customs duty and GSP does. I was under the impression that once I gave my item to eBay it would be delivered or I would be covered if not. In the case of the $800 clock - ebay did not post tracking once I sent the package to their depot (or whatever its called). The hypocrites tell us to always post valid tracking but they do not so same??? It ended up being delivered after the 90 days window and the buyer was super honest about paying me as I had refunded him in full. eBay gave me NO HELP when it came to that. I had to create a fake listing for only that buyer simply to allow him to pay. There is more to the story but that's the basic stuff. A month later a $34 package takes too long to get delivered to China and that buyer demanded a refund although it showed delivered. eBay sided with the buyer and all cost were mine to bear. I am forever done with all international selling with the exception of cameras.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Thu May 12 11:20:33 2022

First rule of selling on eBay, don't list anything you can't afford to lose.

When I was selling on eBay back in the early 2000s, I shipped everywhere in the world without a problem. Now, selling on eCrater, I won't ship outside of the U.S. because there are so many scammers and corrupt customs officials just waiting to steal from U.S. sellers.