You wrote, "eBay's Buyer Growth team is looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to work on key parts of eBay like the home page, my ebay, global header and growth experiences."
Maybe eBay is desperate to find new sellers to replace the ones that won't do business with them anymore like me?
They may want to focus on customer service and seller retention for a change. They will just keep losing sellers (and buyers) if they keep treating sellers like they have me and others.
They have already lost many times the revenue just from me after they let FedEx almost triple the cost of shipping over what their shipping calculator estimated on a single sale. What a lame way to do business.
Note from the editor:
eBay set up a help page on this issue with FedEx charges in its "knowledge base
Why was I charged more on my invoice for a FedEx label than the original estimate?
If you see a charge for a FedEx label that is different from the initial quote, the package type, dimensions or weight provided when the label was created may have differed from what FedEx received. There are also sometimes additional fees that may be assessed based on factors such as delivery location or size. You can review the actual cost by following the steps below:
To view on your Shipping Labels page:
1) Go to Shipping Labels in Sell or Seller Hub
2) Change the date range to 60 days and search by Buyer ID, Tracking Number, or Item Number
3) Once the search is complete, you can click on the Label Cost and view the shipment details
To view on your Seller Invoice:
1) Go to My eBay > Account > Summary
2) Choose the invoice for the date the label was purchased, and select Go
3) Once on the invoice, you can use CTRL+F to find the Tracking Number or Item Number
4) Dimensions will not show on the invoice, so you may need to go to www.FedEx.com (see steps below)
To view on the FedEx site:
1) Go to www.FedEx.com
2) Select your location
3) Input the tracking number and select Track
4) The package details will be displayed near the bottom of the page
If you believe that charges are being incorrectly calculated and you printed your label on www.eBay.com, contact Customer Service, we may be able to submit a dispute on your behalf.