Sat Apr 24 2021 13:28:36

Think Your eBay Store Is on Vacation? Better Double Check!

By: Reader

Well, eBay did it now!! I have had my store turned off for almost a year for Covid, (health reasons), etc.

I look today and MY STORE IS OPEN and I have 9 orders - just by chance I saw these sold items!!

So, without my knowledge, eBay opened my store and did not even tell me!!!

I also see that Vacation Settings is no longer around - now its Time Away......  It looks like my first order was on 4/22 -  I haven't looked at any eBay settings for weeks - I had nothing to do w/ this change.

I imagine this happened during the change from Vacation Settings to Time Away - the existing Vacation Settings were not carried forward.

Heard of this elsewhere? This could destroy sellers' businesses - suppose you're on vacation for 2 months and your store opens without your knowledge?

Best,
M.

Perminate Link for Think Your eBay Store Is on Vacation? Better Doubl   Think Your eBay Store Is on Vacation? Better Doubl

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Sun Apr 25 13:31:30 2021

Sounds like eBay.  It's right up there with the items that they relist without our knowledge and the items that disappear from our inventory without our knowledge.

by: COVID-19 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 25 18:50:59 2021

Don't forget the 'Best Offer' button that magically appears without sellers' knowledge or consent.

by: Sierra This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 26 00:31:15 2021

@Reader - You have TOTALLY been missing the boat by not selling online during the pandemic. Shoppers have gone CRAZY with online shopping, even people who never shopped online before have learned how convenient it is. Glad you found those orders before they were overdue (or very much overdue), that's good!

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Apr 26 02:29:35 2021

@Rexford

This one would be an honest seller error, not Ebay doing anything funny.  Unless the OP was going into their account every 30 days or so to reset the vaca.  However I'm not sure if they allow that back to back to back.  It isn't anything I've ever tried.

@M

You can't use the Vaca setting now known as the Time Away setting for longer than 30 days.  It is in the rules.  So you just didn't understand how the tool worked.  That isn't Ebay's fault, it is just a misunderstanding you had with the policy.

y-store?id=4090

This user has validated their user name. by: Bidonmine

Mon Apr 26 08:20:03 2021

My solution has always been to end all items and then re-list when i returned from being away. This prevents accidental 'opening' of my store and sale of my items while away. Yes, a little more work but it prevents great headaches and allows me to 'tweak' listing as I bring them back to life.

by: Goldylox This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 26 08:33:04 2021

For similar reasons, I closed my store for a month and when I went to extend the time, EBay wouldn’t let me. I called customer support and they told me that the only was to extend the time, you have to reopen the store for 24 hours and then close it again for another 30 days. Ridiculous!

This user has validated their user name. by: Bidonmine

Mon Apr 26 08:55:07 2021

Don't "close" your store, just end the items and leave the store open with no items.