Mon Mar 29 2021 08:44:18

Unable to Find Account Summary in eBay Seller Hub

By: Reader

Did the "Account Summary" tab/box disappear in seller hub for Managed Payments sellers?

I went to check it, because I was listing something, at the bottom it said, "Fees $6.00."

I reviewed the listing up and down and couldn't find anything checked for upgrades. So, wondering if I missed it in my previous listing, I went looking for "account summary," and I can't find it. I looked at "customize" and the option isn't available.

My friend is still with PayPal and she still has "account summary" in her Seller Hub.

Wondering if I missed something.

Thanks so much for all you do.
Best,
S.

Perminate Link for Unable to Find Account Summary in eBay Seller Hub   Unable to Find Account Summary in eBay Seller Hub

by: lessthanthreerecords This user has validated their user name.

Mon Mar 29 11:28:24 2021

It's gone for me too.  I think they are getting rid of it in favor of the "Invoice" section of the payments tab.  The problem with that is, it doesn't update until an invoice is generated (or at least very rarely between invoices).  My feeling is that eBay thinks that if sellers can't keep track of their balance throughout the month, once the invoice is generated, they will forget about any promised credits or the exact amount of certain charges.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Mon Mar 29 23:22:07 2021

Anyone in MP is going to have a lot of problems. You need to find a different site to sell on.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed Mar 31 00:47:29 2021

@bill

That simply isn't true.  I respect that you don't want to use it.  And that others don't want to use it nor will they register.  But for many it works just fine.  That doesn't mean there aren't issues that we would like to see improvement on in the short term.  As there is lots of room for improvement in this program.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Wed Mar 31 23:11:11 2021

That's the problem, there are a lot of issues that need to be taken care of and it makes more work for the sellers instead of making it easier. eBay is turning into a platform that is horrible to have to deal with and the suits do not give a crap as long as they can line their pockets.

by: smallstuff This user has validated their user name.

Thu Apr 1 00:27:29 2021

When eBay said they were going to start collecting other fees not related to sales directly from available funds, this was what they meant.  I for one wondered how they were going to do it.  Now I have the answer.  Each additional fee is deducted from available funds as they occur.  I wasn't paying attention, maybe these deductions have a processing period just like the payments.  For this week, the extra 25 cents per listing for ''buy it now'' upgrades to auctions - well that fee times the number of auctions was deducted from my available funds.  The only other expense is the upgrades from before the effective date and they will be on my next invoice paid by PayPal I assume.  And going forward I assume all the store subscription fees will come out of available funds also.  It is confusing for now, so I created yet another spreadsheet to keep track.

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Thu Apr 1 01:08:12 2021

It does appear that the Account box no longer appears in Seller Hub.  What's up with that?

If it helps, you can get to your Account page by hovering over your name (at the top of left of most pages where you log in or out).  There is a link there that says ''Account settings''.  From that page you click on the Seller Account link.

You can also add a shortcut to it in your Shortcuts box in Seller Hub.  I have tried to add shortcuts there before, with no luck.  Tried again twice tonight, still no luck.  Third time it added my custom shortcut.  Here's what I did:

I clicked on the settings gear shaped link.  I removed ''Report a Buyer''.  I was thinking that maybe I had the limit there already, so I would remove one to add mine.  Still wouldn't go.  Got a bit worried that I couldn't get the Report a Buyer link back, so I clicked the gear again.  There was some new line there that read something like ''reset default  shortcuts and add my custom shortcut''.  I clicked that, and Report a Buyer came back.  Going for the Full Monty, I tried adding the new shortcut info again, and it stuck!  A link to my Account Page showed up.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Apr 1 01:41:35 2021

For sellers that sell on other larger sites, we are very use to all the fees being deducted from the payments program before transfers are issued.  Amazon has done this as long as I can remember.  Etsy does it too, while a more recent change for them.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Apr 1 01:42:35 2021

@lightning

I see the link to the seller invoice on my SH.  Some shipping charges are still being billed on the Seller Invoice.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Apr 1 03:26:04 2021

I'm assuming all these complaints are coming from "store" owners???  Stop being a store owner because EB hits you hard.  Create your own online store with Bonanza - BTW, I've been seeing more and more Bonanza listings on Google - or Ecrater - or Mercari - or even Shopify.   I don't have an EB store because of all the silliness they put store owners through.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Apr 1 12:59:42 2021

@chicago48

The rules for an Ebay store owner are no different than they are for non store owners.  If you run a certain amount of listings on a regular basis, then a store can be the financially responsible thing to sign up for.  In other words, it can save you money.

I've tried Bonanza a few times over the years.  Last time was 2019 and it took me all of 2019 to make one sale.  No one can survive on that.  Mercari and Shopify have payment programs I'm not willing to do as they are worse than Ebay's managed payments.  Ecrater I haven't given a try yet and I may add them to my sites I sell on later this year or early next year.  I have heard good things about that site too.

by: selling stuff This user has validated their user name.

Thu Apr 1 14:07:09 2021

You can still get there it just takes a few extra steps.

1) Got to the "My eBay" option at the top right hand of the page.
2) Click on the "Summary" option.
3) Click on the "Accounts" option.
4) Click on the "Seller Account" option.

That should take you to the page you are familiar with & then all you have to do is click on the "All Account Activity" option.

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Fri Apr 2 00:36:55 2021

@Marie  ''I see the link to the seller invoice on my SH.''

Hi Marie...Where on SH do you see the link?  I might have it, but I don't see it.  Maybe I'm just overlooking it somehow, data overload.  I used to have a box called Account where I could click the header, but it is gone now.  I looked to see if it was still available where you customize the order of the boxes, but it is not listed, missing, no checkbox.

I know that there are several ways to get to the Account Summary, but I don't see a direct link on SH except the shortcut I just made.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Apr 2 02:11:31 2021

@lightning

Mine is in my SHORT CUT box.  Come to think of it, I likely added that years ago when I was customizing my SH.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Fri Apr 2 02:12:59 2021

@ligtning

I don't have a box called Account on my SH.  What all do you see in that box?  What am I missing??

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Fri Apr 2 22:30:12 2021

@Marie
Yes, likely you added it to the shortcut box, as it is not a stock link there.

You missed the part where I said I USED to have a box called Account.  As recently as a week ago, now gone.  I don't really remember what was in the box, probably just a brief summary of your invoice activity and current balance.  I mainly used the header to go to the Account Summary page, because the header was also a link.

I think they have just removed the Account box for all MP users in favor of the Expenses link on the left in Payments.  Especially since they are going to do away with separate payments for store subscriptions, etc.  All extraneous fees will just be ''expensed'' from proceeds.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Apr 3 01:29:52 2021

@ligtning

No I didn't miss that.  I have actually never had a box called Account.  But since you had it, it must have been a box I didn't select in the customizing of my SH, which of course now wouldn't be an option.  Oh wait, are you talking about a TAB or a BOX on your SH.  That would make a difference.

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Sat Apr 3 23:13:54 2021

@Marie
Talking about a box.

But you are right, if you didn't select it earlier as part of your SH display, you may have forgotten it even existed.  If it did exist for you at all, as we do see that different users get different views delivered to them for some unknown reason, maybe depending on when changes are adopted.  Or you could have decided at the time you first customized SH that it was a redundant box, could get there in a variety of ways.

For me, it was at the bottom of the page, so I gave it low priority, used it rarely.  Doesn't mean I wanted it gone, but again no one consulted me.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sun Apr 4 01:51:12 2021

@lightning

They didn't consult me either.  LOL  Thank you.