Wed Feb 24 2021 14:49:05

eBay International Shipping Poses Problem for Seller

By: Reader

eBay international shipping has a very strange and unfair policy. Buyers are informed in listings that they have to pay for country custom fees to the country custom office. Nevertheless, eBay give option to buyer to refuse custom fees and package is returned to seller.

eBay forces seller to refund item price + shipping that buyer have paid. Seller already have paid for shipping charges to shipping carrier and also have refunded buyer payment for shipping.

For example, for one LB package, seller have received $22 from buyer. Seller have paid $22 to eBay shipping and have to refund $22 to buyer.

This is on the top of PayPal fees that are never refunded.
M.

Related post: "Sellers Thwarted by eBay International Shipping Option" (AuctionBytes Blog, 2/3/2021)

Perminate Link for eBay International Shipping Poses Problem for Sell   eBay International Shipping Poses Problem for Sell

by: lessthanthreerecords This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 24 14:56:12 2021

This reason paired with USPS denying EVERY international insurance claim I've EVER opened is why I now only ship within the U.S.

by: COVID-19 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 24 15:00:18 2021

Eh heh heh heh heh.  GSP = Suck.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Wed Feb 24 20:08:30 2021

I stopped selling to international buyers because it got too risky. I've had some people beg me to sell to them, but with the current way USPS is handling international mail (I still have a package in customs from August 24, 2020, that USPS refuses to do anything about), I don't want to take the chance that packages will ever arrive at their destination.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 24 22:51:18 2021

The seller should have NOTHING to do with this.

All it is AS USUAL - is that now that eBay is playing merchant - they are afraid of chargebacks

"eBay NEVER TOLD ME that there would be taxes and duties - the seller also said it was paid for" and BOOM! a refusal/stop payment.chargeback.

Who does it come back to?????? THE SELLER.

It should be simple - if you are an out of country buyer - LIKE WHEN EBAY PUTS CRAP FOR USA SELLERS IN THE TOS - if you commit to buying an item from another country - you are %100 responsible for ANY taxes or duties.

Theres NO WAY for a USA based seller to even being knowing what the taxes in Africa (example) would be or even how to collect it.

Funny how eBay always shirks ITS "duties" ... heres another blatant case!

by: Denny This user has validated their user name.

Thu Feb 25 10:25:32 2021

Dear M--I have told E-bay 4 times I'm no longer selling out of the country. Now another sale just came through going to Kentucky = out of the Country. Than E-bay adds all these extra fees they screw the customer with. I'll never have to refund them anymore. I'm thinking about just canceling the sale. Guess what if it comes back e-bay can take me to court to get it and I'll win. That's why they want me in managed payments. Right now they can't do squat they are locked out of my accounts and I'm almost done after 17 years with the low life's. The whole thing is just another way for e-bay to screw sellers. Who even knows where the items really go after piling on extra fees to get as a return off of sellers into e-bay accounts?  Items resold to other sellers? At my end the addresses are hid. Almost done with them not many things left they can push after preventing me from relisting over managed payments. Pass this on to all sellers over and over again. EBAY NEEDS SELLERS WE DON'T NEED EBAY.