Thu Jan 7 2021 16:56:02

eBay Seller Seeks Help with Managed Payment Reports

By: Reader

First great website! Stumbled across while looking for some information!

Looking for input as well as maybe let your subscribers have a heads up.

Long story short....First...when one is enrolled in eBay managed payments, the sales tax that is collected from a buyer IS going to be part of one's 1099 at the end of the year. Meaning it will be included in your gross income, but the seller needs to dig thru the countless spreadsheets to find that info. (This only took a week to find out!)

Second, and this is the looking for insight....and by the way if you can help, great, if not, no worries!, I am trying to reach someone in the USA who is very familiar with the eBay managed payment systems. I am at the point where I'm not going to be choosy, just need some help in understanding eBay's reports and spreadsheets.

Any suggestions?!
Bob

Perminate Link for eBay Seller Seeks Help with Managed Payment Report   eBay Seller Seeks Help with Managed Payment Report

by: leavingNY This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 10 01:52:33 2021

I have found here in the US. In the seller hub there is a tab - Performance > Sales reports > put in the exact date for your search - I do each month separately, and you get an entire breakdown of your sales and expenses - all of it for the month, including sales tax you paid. I also get a monthly invoice that you find through your account page. They do not put the purchased individual USPS shipping labels for each item you ship, they just lump it into one subtracted figure. I spent hours on the phone with Customer service, trying to find out where in my actual invoice was the subtraction is for the voided shipping labels I made. And found out I was getting ripped off by Ebay. They are also stealing my money every month by charging me more then twice what I paid for FEDEX HOME labels when I did put in the exact weight and dimensions + 1" into Ebay labels. A total theft of which I appealed each one. They also are illegally charging me for seller manager pro, which comes free with my premium store subscription. I was told that Ebay would get back to me about all this theft, because the Rep stated when  he realized this, that he was very concerned about this matter and they NEVER did get back to me. So you also may want to look at your monthly invoice and see what they are actually charging you for. Itemized shipping labels and the sales Tax is not on the monthly invoice even though my invoice was 180 pages last month.

by: railady This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 10 15:53:37 2021

Good gosh what a horror show!

ANOTHER, very very good reason to never do anything more than is absolutely required in your eBay account. After discovering such costly discrepancies in billing for shipping services, I hope you are no longer using eBay to create shipping labels!!! which will give you a lot more time to fight their overcharging you for other things .  BEST WISHES.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jan 10 20:05:52 2021

“... they NEVER did get back to me.”

And they never do. And they never will. A broken promise is the only thing you can count on from those guys. Well that, and mucked up accounting. It’s integral to their culture.

by: Disgruntled_Seller This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 00:27:29 2021

The sales and gov taxes are not that hard to get,

Do your own due diligence to check eBay's numbers until you can assure yourself they are correct (good luck if they are not ...).

STOP using eBay for any shipping label. Do your own from the various others that offer that and stop padding eBay's pocket and stop getting charged wrong. As a bonus, that one day eBay shipping is hosed up (never happens right) you are not out of business.

by: leavingNY This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 00:34:45 2021

Actually after Ebay illegally charging me for selling manager pro for the past three years, and me having to spend hours on the phone with customer service reps aprox every 3-4 months to have them credit the charges. Aprox a year ago, there was just one Rep. who promised that she would take care of this personally and monitor it. She got back to me via email and confirmed this, meanwhile nothing changed. Obviously she lied, because this problem still persists to this day on my account. It is very time consumming for me to go through 150-200 pages of an invoice all the time just to find that they are still stealing from me. I would like to know what happened to my voided shipping labels ? Where is that credit ? No where to be found, is the answer the last customer service rep told me, as he told me he would have some answers for me in 72 hours. I responded that I did not believe him. There is also another charge on my invoice that looks like a duplicate Ebay premium store charge, I questioned this also, and was given no answer as to what this double charge is. Without any answers now two weeks later, I feel like I am being stolen from. HOw long has this been going on ? After almost 20 years selling on Ebay, its time to go. My stress level is through the roof. The buyers are allowed to lie to rip me off, even when they clearly state that they filed a SNAD just because an item was delivered late by the USPS. And another one that when I shipped the correct size item, that they really wanted the other size and therefore my item was SNAD.  The latest problem that is occuring is that buyers for some reason are making multiple purchases of the same item apparently without their knowledge for what ever reason, and when I go to ship the items and add the tracking, is when they catch it, and suddenly its my fault, because they had no idea these duplicate transactions occured. For one buyer last week, it duplicated their purchase X 4. Now I have to deal with even more returns then normal. I loose the .30 cents that Ebay keeps and I am sure there is more they keep from all that too. I do this full time, since my husband became totally disabled from a stroke at work.. I pay attention to what is going on with my buyers, and I cannot just write it off as the cost of doing business when its no fault of my own. These things add up over time. Endless stress and now is evolving into anger from all the work and sacrifices I have put in over the years building my businesses to where they are now, only to feel like I am being ignored by Ebay when they do nothing to help me with what their platform is doing to me.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Mon Jan 11 01:05:20 2021

Make sure that the dates are correct if you are going from month to month. I printed the first page to get the numbers for each month and when I checked the first few the dates were screwed up even though I had put the right dates on the calendar.. What I did was put the end date in first and then the start date. It was showing the last day of the month before to the last date of the month I was looking at and the expenses were a lot higher.
Also check with what eBay actually did take charge you to make sure they were not screwing around like they often do.

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Mon Jan 11 01:35:32 2021

The Seller Hub performance reports, which I had not seen before give a good overview but span only a month. Twelve reports must be generated to span an entire year. The eBay Payments report for sellers in Managed Payments can span an entire year but must be downloaded as a csv file and imported into Excel to obtain the data in a spreadsheet format. However, sales tax amounts and state data is still missing. It is claimed that this will soon be fixed. Sales tax data in the eBay Orders report rolls off after 90 days.

In eBay Seller Hub, click on the "Payments" in the line below "SELLER HUB". Then click on "Reports" in the left panel. Set the dates for the default "Transaction report" to start Jan 1, 2020 and end Dec 31, 2020. Start the download and wait for a few minutes until the report is ready to download. The report .csv file can be opened by Excel and saved as an .xlsx (Excel) file. Then it is possible to remove the extraneous lines above the headers and reformat numeric and dollar amounts before saving the report.  Some Excel skills are required.

Alternatively, in the Payments page, choose "All transactions" at the top of the left panel. In the boxes to the right set the date range to "Custom" and set begin and end dates. The report will show transactions from as early as January 1, 2020 or the first day of Managed Payments for the account. The reports are readable, but no easy to save as a multi-page report appears to be available. Also, the report lacks details related to payment holds that can be found in detail records. Links to Payout Detail windows should be opened in a new tab to avoid using the back button on the browser. If the back button is used, the Transactions page reverts to the last 90 days instead of the full year - a bug or failure to restore the page when going back. Tax and locale information will not be available until sometime in January. Unless information is backfilled (as PayPal has done in the past), consistent sales tax information for the entire year will not be available until 2022. Ideally, it would be backfilled for 2020 and early 2021 before the end of January.

Since sales taxes paid by eBay, if included in gross sales, are fully deductible, they can be omitted if other income added to eBay sales is larger than the reported 1099 amount. Federal tax amounts will not change.

Fortunately, SixBit and other third-party applications that download sales and order data capture sales tax collected and Managed Payments fees for 2020. The eBay API did not correctly report sales tax or Managed Payments fees during part of 2019.

Cash flow can be tracked by drilling down to Payouts Details and entering the sum of net, gross, and fee amounts for each payout. Amounts for multiple transactions must be added manually because eBay does not sum gross sales or fee amounts. Also, watch out for eBay payment holds and releases.

To keep life simple, I do not use eBay labels.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jan 11 02:06:20 2021

@Bob

If you look at the Payment tab on your Seller Hub and then go to Reports on the left side of your screen, you will see there is a notice at the top of that page that reads as follows:

"We’re updating your transaction report to include new information. By early January, your report will include custom labels, eBay collected tax, and ship-to locations."

by: toyman This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 12:00:06 2021

As several have said, you can get a decent report by going to your Seller Hub, clicking on Performance and then Reports. We do Custom reports and generally use the 3 month basis, because it matches up with our company bookkeeping.

The reports will list the Total Sales (including taxes), Taxes and Fees, eBay Selling Fees and Net Sales.  All are listed out. That is pretty much everything we need.

It will also tell you your positive or negative growth from the previous year.

As others have said, be sure your dates are correct before running your report. For some reason it does not always accept your time frame on the first click, but will always end up correct on the second attempt.

The new updated Sales Reports are in effect today, so Sales Taxes should be included.

by: mindelec This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jan 11 18:45:42 2021

oh wow, THANKS!  i've been looking for a place that easily showd what they were taking for sales tax for ages.