Thu July 23 2020 09:18:07

eBay Seller Waits for Payments Shoe to Drop

By: Reader

I was concerned about the July 20 date for joining managed payments as I had heard nothing from eBay about this program and I have been a seller for over 20 years.

I contacted eBay and was fortunate enough to talk to a representative, (but he) had little or no information for me even though I told him I was concerned about not being able to list without being a member of manage payments.

He assured me that someone would contact me by phone within the next 48 hours and advised me that he had my correct telephone number.

After several days I finally received an email from someone in manage payments who told me that I was not required to join manage payments and that there would be no effect on my account.

I asked him if there was some way I could get some information regarding my total lack of contact from eBay regarding manage payments, and he advised me there was no way possible at this time and not worry about it.

So here I am, not in manage payments and not having any information about my future with this program.

Anyone else have this problem?
J.I.

Perminate Link for eBay Seller Waits for Payments Shoe to Drop   eBay Seller Waits for Payments Shoe to Drop

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 23 09:55:26 2020

I wouldn't be surprised if Ebay didn't send you a notice that you need to get the information to them or your listings won't be listed. Ebay gives new meaning to the Dark net.

by: cardfinds This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 23 12:16:27 2020

I've also not been contacted for managed payments THANK GOD. I'm dreading that day, but it will come. I sell a wide variety of items and MAYBE it's because I sell some coins and bullion??

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Thu Jul 23 12:48:05 2020

@cardfinds

It would seem to me to be cutting your nose of to spite your face to get rid of sellers who they can't support with Managed Payments. That's got to be a lot of revenue. Note, they do say "Most eBay sellers" will be on Managed Payments not All.

If anyone is banned from listing, it's likely those Sellers that eBay couldn't care less about.......wait that's all of us............lol.

Maybe they do care about me. I'm still listing.

by: Shanna This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jul 23 13:16:03 2020

@CanBrit

When eBay says most sellers will be in managed payments, they mean the Chinese will still be exempt from all eBay rules. This is because eBay's masters, the Chinese Communist Party, told them so.

by: Opalie This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 24 12:46:38 2020

I very much doubt that sellers in China will EVER be required to be in either Seller Hub OR Managed Payments.

This user has validated their user name. by: MainelyVintage

Fri Jul 24 20:48:49 2020

We also have not been contacted about managed payments. We have not listed much on eBay of late (until this week lol).

We HAVE sold silver coins in the past. Is that fact going to delay or prevent our entry into Managed Payments??

Any word on the future of selling coins on eBay?

by: jimcooncat This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 24 21:23:33 2020

Haven't been contacted. No store, but still got bumped up to 200 monthly listings with no insertion fee. Got my taxes done, so time to start listing!

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Jul 25 01:44:20 2020

The rumor that some have been saying that sellers in the categories in which MP does not support will not longer be able to sell on Ebay is incorrect.  That is not what Ebay has said, repeatedly I might add.

For sellers in categories in which MP currently does not support and if they are sellers that sell in these categories on a regular basis, Ebay will not be telling them that they are going into MP yet.  They hope to have issues around why these categories are not currently supported resolved in 2021.  So there is lots of time and these sellers can relax.

Keep in mind this is not sellers that just from time to time sell in these categories.  Ebay is talking about sellers that have a history selling in these categories on a regular basis.

What is the policy?
Sellers enrolled in managed payments are not allowed to list the following items:

Adult only items, including movies and video games
Auction services
Bullion
Coins & paper money
Gift cards & coupons
Lodging, timeshares, vacation packages, and car rentals
Memberships for campground and RV parks
Motor vehicles
Smoking cessation products including nicotine patches and gum
Tickets for travel, events, or experiences
Wine

Listings that don't follow these rules may be removed from the site or from search results. Other actions we may take include lowering a seller's rating, charging additional fees, limiting buying and selling privileges, or suspending an account.

by: Ronn This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 25 10:21:46 2020

I will go as far as I can without signing up for this. I haven't heard from eBay; really no worries. I am a small seller. As someone else noted, and eBay has stated ''most'' sellers will be moved here. I've already checked out alternate venues to sell.

My thinking is that by the end of the year things will be more clarified. In the interim, I will list here and there.

This user has validated their user name. by: MainelyVintage

Sat Jul 25 14:13:55 2020

Thank you @Marie!

We have sold at least two vintage vehicles on eBay over the years as well.

Wondering if we should resume selling silver coins now before we can't, or find a new venue or two. Hmmm.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Sat Jul 25 17:15:28 2020

Before anybody considers selling elsewhere, keep in my that Ayden, eBay's money processor also handles the payments for Etsy and magically, they sell coins. Go figure?

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Sat Jul 25 17:32:33 2020

Sorry, that was keep in mind.

by: TomH This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 27 08:35:27 2020

I stopped calling eBay about anything at least 10 years ago. Before that I had called maybe 6 times since 98. Never got useful or correct information from any call.

When Mangled Payments come my way I have a checking account set up just for them. There will always only be the barest minimum for operations. There will be no connections eBay will know or have to any other account. If they try to hit me with a large withdrawal for some reason they think is correct  --- then I will be the judge of that; not them.

by: wellspring This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 27 09:16:05 2020

One account was required, the other not (yet). Neither sells what Marie has on her list.

by: stevel This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 27 10:05:05 2020

Same story here! Received my "invitation", signed up six weeks ago and zero communication!

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jul 27 13:12:57 2020

@wellspring

Not my list, it's Ebay's.