Sat May 16 2020 22:27:03

More Questions About eBay Managed Payments

By: Readers

As eBay gets ready to ramp up Managed Payments in July, we continue to receive questions from readers about how it will impact sellers.

I have been following your articles on eBay managed payments. One issue I haven't seen coverage on is QuickBooks downloads. I spoke to an eBay outreach person that indicated it could be done. I also contacted customer support and they said there was no functionality. I have been downloading automatically from PayPal for several years.

I just got my "invitation" to register and trying to figure how I will be able to manage my accounting?

I am sure there would be other subscribers that will have the same question if you know anything!
Steve

As far as I can tell, PayPal will still be accepted within eBay Managed Payments.

How will PayPal and eBay split that 2.35%? Does eBay give up part of their 10% when that happens?

That bouncing ball is hard to follow.
Ron

Perminate Link for More Questions About eBay Managed Payments   More Questions About eBay Managed Payments

by: Shanna This user has validated their user name.

Sun May 17 10:37:20 2020

Ron, eBay will pay Paypal much less than the 2.9% they charge you, just as Paypal charges its other big clients, like Walmart and Home Depot, a much lower rate, probably 1.9% or less. Also, just like Paypal does not charge those big clients the return fees, neither will eBay, so when they thy to pass those costs onto sellers, you will know that is another lie.

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Mon May 18 01:01:17 2020

Downloading and capturing eBay transaction data is a major chore. It is difficult and time consuming to import Orders and Payments reports into Excel without risk of data loss. Exports from eBay are in comma delimited csv format, ill-suited for importing numeric fields into Excel. PayPal exports data in several formats, making direct import into a database possible. eBay announced the API for Managed Payments a couple of years ago, but it still seems to have glitches that could trip up third-party applications. Some eBay collected sales tax amounts were missing for fifteen months from Seller Hub and the API before appearing in mid-April. Sellers who rely on eBay should keep in mind that Orders reports go back only 90 days. Payments reports with Managed Payments transactions are of little value unless joined to Orders reports. It is not clear from the announcement that eBay's new reporting by the July 20th deadline.

While most seller posts seem to focus on the minutia of small but confusing price changes, few seem to be concerned about lack of eBay transaction reporting. I am hoping that remaining glitches affecting applications like SixBit are fixed by mid-summer so that it will no longer be necessary to download eBay reports or attempt to decipher eBay invoices.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon May 18 02:22:23 2020

Ebay says we will have better reports in the coming months and before year end.  Only time will tell on that one.

I believe MP does work with Quickbooks or will by July.  I read it somewhere, I just don't remember where.  Sorry.

Steve, if you do the preregistration you will get links to more information.  The preregistration is a piece of cake.  Just decide what checking account you want to tie to your MP account and have that information at your fingertips when you preregister.

If you need to open another account so that you aren't tying your main checking account to MP, do that first.  I did mine over the phone.  I do use a major bank, so it was a piece of cake.  Make sure your checking account you decide you are going to use for MP is in the same name as your Ebay account.  The two must match.

After that the preregister process will take you under a minute.  Literally under a minute.  They will then tell you on screen that Ebay will review the information and get back to you with anything else they might need.

Doing the preregistration DOES NOT put you into MP right away.  You still will NOT be entering until late July.

by: wrslss1222 This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 18 07:43:22 2020

I have been part of the Managed Payments from the start.  You can easily go into eBay and see deposits that were made and will be made and the sales that made up each deposit.  Since I do not fully trust eBay I have set up my own excel spreadsheets to track everything.

by: wellspring This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 18 08:13:46 2020

Managed payments is “supposed” to work now with GoDadddy Bookkeeping. I sure hope that’s true as it currently imports all of my ebay income and expenses. Monthly cost approx. $11.

by: Ms. S This user has validated their user name.

Mon May 18 09:49:54 2020

In answer to wellspring, Ebay MP does interface with Go Daddy Bookkeeping, that was my main concern when we were 'invited' to join managed payments in February.  The transition was smooth.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Mon May 18 10:19:56 2020