Wed Nov 11 2020 16:01:09

Etsy Pauses Shop for Shipping Policy Violation

By: Reader

My Etsy shop has been put on "Pause" with the following explanation:

"Given your large volume of overdue orders, we've temporarily placed your shop on pause. This will give you time to ship your current orders without the pressure of new ones. Your shop will automatically be unpaused once your unshipped orders are consistently shipping on time, and you have no overdue orders or open cases."

I did not realize that the only time my buyers received a shipping confirmation was if I bought postage via their platform. So when I ship FedEx, they do not get an automatic ship notice.

I told Etsy that everything had been shipped, but they want me to go back and include tracking numbers for FedEx. We're talking almost 3 years!!!

I started the process of updating shipping progress on Etsy, but people started to email me saying they had not ordered anything and not to charge their card.

I explained to Etsy that it was confusing people.

FedEx only gives me 90 days of tracking info and I have uploaded that.
BUT THEY WILL NOT UNPAUSE MY SHOP - my only income!!!

(Some of my customers prefer FedEx deliveries and I oblige.)
P.

Note from the Editor: Here are two links that spell out Etsy's policy about marking orders as shipped.

House Rules: Shipping Policy (Link to Etsy House Rules page)
"Mark the order as shipped when you ship it, or use an Etsy Shipping Label, which automatically marks your order as shipped. Remember that you may only mark an order as shipped after you actually have shipped it. When you mark an order as shipped, the buyer will receive a notification."

How to Mark an Order as Complete: Best Practices (Link to Etsy Help page)
"Etsy considers an order overdue once its processing time has passed and it isn’t marked as shipped."

Perminate Link for Etsy Pauses Shop for Shipping Policy Violation   Etsy Pauses Shop for Shipping Policy Violation

by: postbuster This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 11 17:28:43 2020

Dear OP,

Etsy waited three years to inform you?
That is as much their fault as well as some is yours.

Don't they see that you have had reviews?
That is confirmation of delivery as much as emails from your customers.

Can you find receipts and cross reference them with your list of orders by date?

Their last statement in the message to you makes no sense as you cant access your 'unshipped orders' to ship on time.

Also, do you have any open cases (past or present)?

by: Oberon This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 12 03:32:28 2020

Im so glad I dumped this evil company 2 years ago and moved all my listings to Ruby Lane and my own website. They treat their sellers like children.

by: hawk This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 12 07:17:05 2020

this the most dumb and corrupt thing i ever heard !!! these people need to be in the loony bin.

by: FH991586 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 12 10:01:53 2020

OP didn't follow Etsy's rules, so Etsy is not wrong in their first action.  Also OP should also have easy access to FedEx previous shipping information in their own files (at least email confirmations)!  I can go back years behind to find shipping proof, even though the tracking numbers might not be valid anymore.  Emails don't cost much to keep, so don't delete them!

Etsy not understanding the situation after OP's explanations is quite wrong, though.

by: fusgeyer This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 12 15:15:10 2020

First, it is unfortunate that Etsy is not getting the message you are sending. You need to escalate this up to management.

That being said, a little due dilligence on your part would have avoided the whole mess. Those shipping records are part of your tax returns (if you claim shipping as an expense) and should be kept for a minimum of 7 years. If you depend on your shop's revenue as your sole source of income, you need to play by all the rules to make sure you do not get shut down.

by: Oberon This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 12 19:10:00 2020

Etsy so called rules are one thing for one person and another for someone else. Etsy is well known for this.