Wed Sept 18 2019 12:40:27

eBay Payments Still Incompatible with Some Selling Tools

By: Reader

I just received a response from GoDaddy regarding interface between their bookkeeping system and eBay Managed Payments. I, like many eBay users, use GoDaddy bookkeeping and depend on it for our income tax records.

According to GoDaddy, they do not interface due to eBay not sending them the info they need to make this happen. This is a huge nightmare for me and other sellers who are fearful of being forced into managed payments.

By the way, it took GoDaddy 30 minutes to respond to my question; I was only able to ask eBay (moderators) via the seller discussion board since you cannot email them directly.

Thank you for your site, it is most informative. Please get this info out there ASAP!
Ms S

Perminate Link for eBay Payments Still Incompatible with Some Selling   eBay Payments Still Incompatible with Some Selling

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Wed Sep 18 13:30:11 2019

ALWAYS ALWAYS do your taxes the Old Fashioned Way.
Pen and Paper, receipts physically recorded BY YOU.
You MUST be prepared for any eventuality.
An EMF (electromagnetic field) attack.
Grid failure.
Your own death.
NEVER NEVER depend on an online entity for your financial record.
Familiarize your loved one(s) with your record keeping just in case.

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Wed Sep 18 13:54:47 2019

It seems that as far as Ebay is concerned it is much more important to keep building parts of the platform that they feel will entice  more sellers to jump into their Mangled Payments program rather than what they really need.  Many sellers have been asking for any type of record keeping information from the Mangled Payments program and all they hear is crickets because that would make it much to easy for Sellers to find all of the mistakes that are bound to happen with payments sent to Sellers just as every other program is filled with glitches. If they ever do finally get around to providing this information it will be the absolute last thing that is done because Wenig wants the Sellers kept in the dark as long as possible so that Ebay can continue to steal as much money as possible from their Sellers.  Desperate times call for Desperate Measures and heaven knows that Wenig is the king of Desperation.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Wed Sep 18 19:39:53 2019

I totally agree with The End. All my record keeping is done on a spreadsheet program on my computer, backed up in several places. I keep track of the money received, money expended, item specifics, tracking number, sales tax received, and everything else associated with every sale. Since the State of California requires sales tax collected to be paid no later than January 15th, I can do my taxes in minutes using my form.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Sep 18 19:42:44 2019

Look, what’s more important.... eBay getting its platform to work correctly or ordering more scotch for walkers?

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 19 07:54:40 2019

pace - I'm thinking it's the scotch option

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Thu Sep 19 12:40:57 2019

Amen.  Even before I was back on eBay, I was keeping track of everything in SQL Server.  I would never trust these offshore fools with something so important.

There is a downright pathological fear of development in software teams these days.  They don't hire quality people (because cheap, stupid, or both), so every change ranges from "doesn't work" to "crashed everything."  Rather than think "hey, we should hire better people," these cowards just decide not to do changes anymore.  Thus, you're left with software that stays stagnant (at best).  It never improves, it never reduces costs, and it can never be trusted because nobody knows how it works.

by: MichaelP This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 19 14:14:59 2019

I also use GoDaddy Bookkeeping to keep track of my transactions for tax purposes. I discovered the issue addressed by the OP after joining eBay MP.

The expenses side of the transactions are tracking as they should, including eBay shipping label charges reported from PayPal, and the final value fees and payment processing fees coming from eBay.

The income side of the equation is not being reported by eBay, but if your bank account is attached to your GoDaddy account, then the bank transactions can substitute for the missing eBay income transactions. I can see each daily payment that eBay is sending my bank account, and I'm using this in place of the income that is not being reported by eBay. If you need the breakdown of your income sale by sale, you have to get this information from your seller hub.

by: I Must be Crazy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 19 16:46:44 2019

I have been using GoDaddy book keeping for several years, since before it became GoDaddy.

I have always been very happy and have NEVER had an issue with lost data, inaccurate figures. NOTHING. I have managed a manual set of books and I will never do it again.

This is just a another example of eBay rolling things out half baked without any consideration for anyone but themselves. Yes there are ways to deal with it, but eBay's numbers are frequently WRONG. In order to figure out the breakdown at the transaction level, (especially the sales tax portion, which is currently included in the monthly sales totals on Seller HUB), we currently need to look at multiple pages on the site. I wonder if anyone at eBay has actually navigated around their site. Between the adds popping in that make the screen change it's position five times and the glitchy loading, it becomes a real pain in the rear.

I like transaction level detail and hopefully eBay will be able to provide clear, accurate and TIMELY information. I don't expect it though. They can't even update their own seller metrics on a consistent basis. What in the world are we going to get once managed payments kicks into full gear?

by: MichaelP This user has validated their user name.

Thu Sep 19 17:56:59 2019

I was told by GoDaddy customer service that eBay would eventually implement the reporting of transactions in the full detail that they were before (when they came from PayPal), but that it will take many months to fully implement.