Fri Aug 16 2019 09:11:01

eBay Steps Up Pressure on Sellers to Join Managed Payments

By: Reader

eBay sent a letter practically demanding I join managed payments:

Dear Seller:
Our records indicate you have been previously invited to managed payments - eBay's simplified seller experience to sell and get paid. Based on our review of your account, the features and tools you use on eBay are fully compatible with managed payments. To benefit from the new payments experience early, register at ebay.com/paymentsregistration. All eBay sellers will progressively be required to transition to managed payments in the coming months.

Managed payments offers more ways for buyers to pay with credit, debit and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and PayPal Credit. Payouts will be automatically deposited to your bank account. Sellers receive consolidated reports, simplified seller protections, one monthly bill for all fees, and access to dedicated customer support. New features include a single unique number from order initiation to payout, and the ability to issue partial or full refunds to buyers, directly on eBay or via a third-party platform. Sellers who have already joined report high satisfaction and recommend managed payments to other sellers. To learn more about managed payments, visit ebay.com/payments.

Signing up now will allow you to choose the best time to join for your business, and avail of any existing promotions. These include the Summer Sign Up program available till August 31, 2019 and the $0 per listing payments fee through September 30, 2019.

Please check your email account or Messages on My eBay for more details.

Register for managed payments at ebay.com/paymentsregistration.

Perminate Link for eBay Steps Up Pressure on Sellers to Join Managed   eBay Steps Up Pressure on Sellers to Join Managed

by: Michael4747 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 09:33:36 2019

You will be switched to managed payments sooner or later. what is the point of resisting... Are you still roaming the earth for incandescent light bulbs?

by: Jairib This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 09:49:19 2019

Ebay managed payments costs more for less.  2.7% and .25 cents PER ITEM, not transaction.  Wait 3-4 days for them to send your money to your bank and then however long it takes for your bank to process it.  Working capitol loans through square are not as easy or as much.  You cannot sell through the GSP program yet.  No debit card. for immediate access.  You still have to buy your shipping through PP.  If they would have set it up like etsy I would be more inclined to sign up right away, but no.  They won't take their fees immediately, they won't deposit the next day, they won't let you buy shipping out of it right away.  Why do I want to pay them more for less?  I don't.  They can keep sending me these demanding emails but I won't sign up until they drag me kicking and screaming in 2023.  And hopefully by them the majority of my sales are from my other platforms.

by: Jairib This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 09:50:39 2019

Not to mention, I do not trust them with my bank account information.  To many glitches & hacks through there outdated platform.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 11:16:12 2019

"Are you still roaming the earth for incandescent light bulbs"

No Im not cause - theres plenty of them at any flea market or dollar store - they work great and if they piss off any of the Democrats running in 2020 - thats a bonus.

Yes eBay is desperate to push people into eBay pay. It gives them something to tell Wall Street, they get to make extra $$ on the hold, and they get to be the people who tell sellers "BITE ME" when it comes to returns (they dont like Paypal actually caring about sellers".

Yes we fight it - since we no - though we have no choice- we wont roll over!

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 11:37:41 2019

So they are demanding.....What are they going to do send more emails. HEY GREEDBAY send all the emails you want. The delete on my computer works just fine and when you think your going to force me into those payments, guess what YOUR USELESS PLATFORM WILL BE DELETED FROM MY LIFE. SO GO FOR IT.

by: Michael4747 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 11:54:39 2019

you are a little off on your data and other points can be adjusted to.. I adjusted to the change rather quickly. I contribute not being breast feed til age 14 for the easy transition...

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Aug 16 12:04:23 2019

Musical eBay ID's

Our largest eBay ID got the same email to day.

When they throw this account into MP I'll just move all the good stuff to another ID, I'll keep doing this until they have made all 3 accounts take MP.

At that time I will evaluate where we go from there with eBay. . .I'm only 19 months away from signing up for SS, then I won't be as dependent on eBay as I am today.

MP is going to crush my TRS status anyway, I will have a 5-10 handling time and will have problems paying for postage out of my own pocket.

eBay's facebook page will end up banning me because every night we don't have money for food I'll be voicing my opinion on the subject. . .EBAY HAS MY MONEY AND I DON'T HAVE ANY FOOD. . . .

by: shut1968 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 12:18:12 2019

We've been getting the same demanding email, even worse every time we log in we are spammed with the ''join managed payments'' screen.

It's not gonna happen and if it does it will be on THE last day to sign up..

Ebay managed payments is a direct violation of our PayPal Working Capital loan, that loan provides us with 100k of working capital every year.

Until they work out an agreement with PayPal to resolve that issue joining Managed Payments is something we refuse to even consider.

by: Slowest Learner This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 13:32:14 2019

Craigslist sale, cash in hand.  Winner Winner chicken dinner

by: thievesBay This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 13:36:31 2019

Seems that eBay are trying to fast-forward Managed Payments trying to get everyone in on the scam sooner. Only reason being that the sooner this happens the sooner they will jack up the fees. This will not be a better deal than PayPal as eBay claims. Do not believe anything eBay says, they are liars!

eBay are SPAMMING EVERYONE with messages. Spamming sellers trying to get everyone in Managed Payments, spamming sellers saying they have a watcher and to "lower the price to make the sale!", spamming sellers with promotions, spamming buyers about items they previously viewed, spamming buyers with "sell on eBay" messages, etc. etc.

Everyone knows what happens with spam. It's ignored and deleted. But eBay in their infinite wisdom thinks this must be a great way to do things. Just how dumb is this company? Their desperation is showing.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 14:15:46 2019

seems like fleecebay is getting closer to imploding

by: amazedndazed This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 14:52:44 2019

I am having days where they have sent multiple begging requests to join up now. I BET they make us do it right before the Christmas season. Just leave me alone.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Aug 16 16:05:52 2019

I wonder if eBay is giving sellers an opportunity to downgrade a store when forced into managed payments?

When I'm forced into this program I will no longer need my basic store. . . .or even a starter store for that matter.

Or will they hold the seller captive for the rest of the remaining year.

by: blondebat This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 16:52:33 2019

I too keep getting these letters over and over again to join managed payments. I was told by Ebay when I called a few weeks back that the complete switchover isn't till 2021. I too will start collecting SS December 2020. That is the end of Ebay for me to sell. So I don't care to make the switchover.

by: ElectronixRecyclers This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 17:05:32 2019

We got the same email.  Our plan right now is to give eBay a shill account.  I'm 75% sure that once MP is in place across eBay, the next step is some attempt at mandating a minimum balance in the accounts linked.

While we accept that any marketplace we used is going to force us into managed payments, we can deny eBay the money out of spite.  I'm developing a "life after eBay" plan that should be completely in place by 2Q 2021.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 16 19:23:56 2019

"...the next step is..."

Aye, there's the rub.  Nobody can predict what eBay might do 'next', except that it WILL cost the seller more than it does with less 'value' for it, once ensconsed.

Just like everything else always has.

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Sat Aug 17 07:24:05 2019

What is happening with Ebay right now is they are allowed to have up to 10% of annual revenue coming from Managed Payments per their agreement with Paypal.  Ebay is finding that all those years of telling Sellers that Paypal was the only safe way to process plus the constant lies about almost everything has Sellers not trusting Ebay at all and I would guess not enough are even thinking about signing up for Mangled Payments.

The fact that Ebay continues to have a Mangled Payments Discussion Board but only those that are using Mangled Payments can see it, says they are hiding a lot of issues that they do not want the general population to see.  As for Ebay trying to require a minimum balance in your checking account that they use, never going to happen as they do not have the power to be able to enforce that.  What they might do instead though Is force all Sellers to have a 5 or 10% reserve of annual sales which is then held by Ebay in case of a Seller not having the funds to pay for chargebacks.  Ebay would have to deposit that money into an interest bearing account and pay the interest to the Sellers annually on those funds.  Ebay also cannot touch that money unless they can prove they had to pay for a chargeback from their funds due to the Seller either not having the money or refusing to pay the Chargeback.  The worst part of this is that Ebay can hold those funds for up to 180 days after you finally close your Mangled Payments Account.

It is going to be very interesting to see if Ebay forcing all Sellers into their Mangled Payments as Wenig dreams of doing will cause them to lose so many Sellers that Ebay actually winds up taking a reduction in Gross Revenue from the change.  That would destroy their stock price as well as probably be the end of Wenigs career, not only at Ebay, but with all companies after they see what he did with a thriving Profitable company in just 5 years.  His incompetence to run a company will stand out to all and Business schools will have case studies about him and how to not run a business.

This user has validated their user name. by: unsuckEBAY

Sat Aug 17 08:07:06 2019

Consider the fire-hose of messaging, spam, and pressure is just for the most recent small 5% aperture that opened up.

Next July should be a doozy, when the MP doors are thrown wide open and eBay can pursue the remaining 90% conversion as quickly as practicable.

There are likely pretty significant eBay exec (and team) bonuses tied to a faster conversion.

Hopefully by then eBay will have un-borked all the myriad payment problems they continue to have (mostly PayPal related...big surprise there).

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Sat Aug 17 16:32:03 2019

They Conveniently left out STRIPE PAYMENTS.
That's how you know it's a dirty system.

by: Michael in BC This user has validated their user name.

Sat Aug 17 16:33:03 2019

Until the past week, when making transfers to my linked account, I would receive notices that funds would be in my account in 1 day.  I made a transfer on the 15th, and the notice I received states that my funds would be transferred in 3-5 ''business days'', and that I SHOULD (my emphasis) see the funds in my account on the 21st (6 calendar days).  As funds transfers can be made in a nano-second, 24/7/365, why is the reference to ''business days'' still in use ?  It's not as if there are hordes of overworked office clerks sweating to make stick-pen entries in huge ledgers, in order to effect transfers.  Computer systems don't take weekends off.