Fri Aug 9 2019 00:58:39

eBay Change Adds to Seller Feedback Chores

By: Reader

A quick follow up to my item on the changes to the "Manage All Orders" page: One item I wasn't aware of at the time but will impact me quite often (and I'm sure others as well) is regarding feedback.

When you gave your customers feedback on a sale with multiple items in the past, when you provided feedback for the sale, it posted feedback to all items purchased in that sale, be it 1 or 30.  Not any more. Now, you have to post feedback for your buyer on each individual item within the sale.

A small change I admit, but another in the "Why?????" category.

I think I'll just refer my customers to eBay customer service, as I'm only going to be posting one feedback as I have in the past. I've devoted too much time to eBay with diminishing returns and won't add to that total.
Thanks,
William

Perminate Link for eBay Change Adds to Seller Feedback Chores   eBay Change Adds to Seller Feedback Chores

by: hopeforthebest This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 9 09:00:58 2019

Feedback has become so pointless and a waste of time anyway since we're only allowed to leave positives no matter how crazy or ridiculous or brutally malign the buyer is.

There's no point to leaving feedback anyway, it's only to stroke the ego of the buyer.

by: cardfinds This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 9 12:55:01 2019

As a seller I feel FB is still very important giving your potential customer confidence in you as a seller. FYI, you can set up FB to be left for your buyer automatically once your buyer leaves you +FB. You set it up and never have to spend the time leaving FB as a seller again.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 9 14:33:09 2019

Like all other issues on eBay - its 1/2 baked (though one could swear that DW (when he opens his mouth) is fully "baked")).

eBay tells people that feedbacks are important, yet they mean nothing.

Feedbacks are subjective not objective and the truth rarely has anything to do with them ... "its what you feel", not what the truth is.

As well of course is that its become a one way street, leaving sellers open to all kinds of abuse and threats - with eBay doing nothing, then crying "but but but Amazon doesnt either ......".

eBay never makes things easier for sellers - thats ther hallmark - is anyone surprised??

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 9 22:41:19 2019

Just another way for Ebay to lose more buyers and still be able to try and blame the sellers for it.  Admittedly the programmers they use now could not program their way out of a paper bag, but each and every change always makes more work for the sellers as well as most times more money in Ebays pockets for doing less.

Wenig keeps saying that China is Ebays future and he seems to being all he can do to make sure it is a self fulfilling prophecy.  As far as I know they have not had to deal with the piece of crap Seller Hub yet so they dont have to deal with all of these changes.

by: timeaftertime This user has validated their user name.

Sun Aug 11 13:56:38 2019

William, I just encountered the same thing. Customer bought 6 items and I just packed them all in one package to mail. IMHO, the time I saved not wrapping 6 separate packages more than offset posting 6 feedbacks instead of one.

More important, the buyer made six purchases - he bid on six different items. I don't mind leaving FB for as many auctions as he bid and won, especially since all I have to do is ''copy and paste'' what I posted for FB.

I really don't know if my buyers think FB is important, but for any that do, why unnecessarily give them something to gripe about when it's so easy not to?

And I do agree FB is useless. A scam seller tried to cheat me out of postage I paid and he wrongly would not return (I went through Paypal and got it refunded)  NO way to leave FB because the transaction was canceled!! Ridiculous!

What REALLY bugs me even more is tracking numbers. EACH of those six has to have the Tracking Number input individually -- despite being packed into one box, and ESPECIALLY despite eBay recognizing them all as ONE purchase, with the total payment showing at the top of the list.  Yet, EACH individual item has to have the same tracking number input, instead of simply typing in one at the top beside the total payment received.

Which is OK for me, because I use stamps.com and it auto inputs the numbers, but this time I made a mistake, and had to redo the label.  Which meant I had to go into SIX different listings and Edit the tracking number.

by: BargainzBabylon This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 12 04:02:55 2019

Good grief - feedback is a way to thank a customer for their business, which I truly appreciate. It takes a nanosecond. I suppose it would also be too much trouble to say "thank you" if someone purchased something at a store?

What was the problem again?

by: xfilefan This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 12 10:27:33 2019

BargainzBabylon,

Perhaps you missed the link to the original posting of mine, the issue regarding feedback was just an addendum to the earlier info regarding the (unnecessary) changes made to the ''Manage Orders'' page.  Perhaps these changes would be a little bit more tolerable if there was reasoning provided for them by eBay.  As it stands, they are change for the sake of change, and in most cases they are unwarranted (for all we know) and a step back from being helpful.

To clarify regarding the feedback issue, not only do I send a handwritten thank you note with each purchase, I acknowledge whether it is a first-time purchase or from a repeat customer.  Also, when the package is actually shipped (within 1 day) an e-mail is sent to the customer by me, again recognizing whether or not they are a repeat customer and letting them know the status of the shipment.  I feel I do an extremely good job of providing customer service, and my feedback shows it.  My comment regarding sending them to eBay customer service is an effort to have more people communicate to eBay, much as the columns in Ecommercebytes, regarding the issues we face.  If I learned one thing working in the ''real world'' and dealing with huge companies, a single individual can rarely get anything accomplished on their own.  Not that I expect eBay to make any changes/improvements, but I can at least say I made an effort.

William

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Mon Aug 12 12:18:41 2019

@William

I downgraded my store from a premium to a regular. When I had the premium store I could automate the feedback to use several different comments. Now I have a regular store, that has been removed and I didn't notice it.

Some customers really like to receive feedback, so i've been going through all of them to add them. It is a pain, but blame it all on eBay......as usual.

by: eBaySince2006 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 12 15:53:12 2019

I stopped leaving feedback as a buyer or seller years ago. I only leave feedback as a seller when the customer requests it and my business is growing. Seller feedback is useless, they need a new system.