Sat Aug 3 2019 00:16:41

eBay Sweetens the Pot for Enrolling in Managed Payments

By: Reader

I've been on eBay 22 years selling with 100% feedback and top seller status but no discount because I refuse to jump through their hoops. Apparently it means nothing if we are going to be forced to accept the managed payments.

eBay has a long history of screwing the smallest thing up. Lately they have been sending emails to join about 3 times a week. I just delete them. Yesterday I got another email from eBay but now they are trying to entice me to join with a chance to win $10,000.00 if I join through that email. I smell desperation.

It seems like before year's end we all might be forced to use it? I was going to just stop using eBay all together. But I will stop listing things that cost over $15 to ship per item until the first problem arises. And after 22 years on eBay, it might not be too long. I'm only selling at the most 15 items out of 100 anyway.
Thanks
H.

Perminate Link for eBay Sweetens the Pot for Enrolling in Managed Pay   eBay Sweetens the Pot for Enrolling in Managed Pay

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Sat Aug 3 11:35:43 2019

Devin must have looked at the number of sellers who signed up for Mangled Payments, versus the number of sellers on eBay, and started to worry that his great money grab, I mean, payment method to benefit sellers, was not the success he had hoped.

by: thievesBay This user has validated their user name.

Sat Aug 3 18:54:55 2019

"Yesterday I got another email from eBay but now they are trying to entice me to join with a chance to win $10,000.00 if I join through that email. I smell desperation."

Of course when we're talking about eBay and the crooked lawyers that run it, the key word here is "chance". Meaning = nobody will win $10,000. Just another scheme trying to get suckers to sign up.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Sat Aug 3 23:04:14 2019

As I have said before once they force MP on all of eBay my 20+ years on this site will be over.

eBay = Dead Man Walking

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Sat Aug 3 23:53:24 2019

Ebay cannot force all sellers into Mangled Payments until I believe it is July 2020 as their agreement with Paypal only allows them to have approximately 10% of Sellers or Sales (cannot remember which) being processed by Mangled Payments at this time.  The fact that they continue to send out these emails and try and entice Sellers to join with special rates and 3 month exemptions from their excessive transaction fees that will begin in October, shows that Ebay is not coming close to having 10% of Sellers wanting anything to do with their Mangled Payments program.

I really wonder if the Ebay Marketplace will manage to survive the forced use of Mangled Payments by its sellers or if enough just say ''enough is enough'' and either go to other sites completely or just quit selling.  I sure cannot see the big mega sellers and brands waiting for Ebay to finish playing with their money and send it to them, so the entire Mangled Payments program is really dependent on all the small sellers that Ebay tries to get rid of with every Seller Update or unannounced policy change that dips deeper into Sellers pockets.

As for the chance to receive $10,000 for joining Mangled Payments, knowing Ebay, if this is even a real email, the fine print probably states that the $10000 is payable in services from them that are grossly overpriced.  I just cannot see Wenig ever parting with $10,000 cash because that actually would cost Ebay $10K where giving the Seller free consulting from an employee of Ebay or other subscriptions that the Seller would not normally want to pay for, really doesn't cost Ebay anything as they are already paying for those services and just redirect what they work on.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sun Aug 4 09:46:16 2019

The only way to "sweeten the pot" is with Advanced Nutrients BUD CANDY (a little cannabis humor)

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Aug 4 15:55:50 2019

Another trick/gimmick

NEVER enroll in any eBay program unless forced to or you like to loose money.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Sun Aug 4 18:49:57 2019

The past few weeks I've been feeling, not depressed, not sad, but I guess defeated. I've only been selling on eBay since 2012. Built up a very successful business. Some would say I still have one, but thankfully to my repeat customers and some nifty buying, I've been able to stay ahead of price points.

It doesn't seem to matter anymore. I can find the inventory at ridiculous prices, I can use verbiage it escalate the item into the stratosphere and I feel no satisfaction out of it.

Wenig...you have destroyed what I was once proud of. I am not proud paying your fees. I am not proud being an eBay seller. There is nothing to be proud of, knowing you are an eBay "pet". I am slowly working my way out with another site. It's growing but a quarter of what I make on eBay. Just the same, I feel like a tramp, a harlot, a hooker.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Sun Aug 4 18:53:35 2019

@Bill

I completely agree. I'm gone when they force that and I hope I'm gone sooner.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Sun Aug 4 23:22:20 2019

CanBrit:

Amen to that.
I am also setting up on another site myself.
Sales are slow but are slowly but surely picking up.

eBay = Dead Man Walking

by: gmrichhicks This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 5 00:50:57 2019

Can you say eBay & Death Knell at the same time?

by: Paul W This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 5 04:29:18 2019

One of my stores has been in MP for about 2 months and I have no problem with it.   Money goes right into my bank account set up for that purpose, from which I transfer funds to another account to which eBay has no access.  At my credit union all checking accounts are free so no problem there.

My 2nd store gets many international sales so that one can't go to MP until they get that straightened out.

by: hawk This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 5 07:03:24 2019

any person , any company , any empire builder that demands and forces people to give full control over their money , their business , and their life , is nothing but another blood sucking crook. they pray on people that are too scared or too under educated to do otherwise. the corruption continues.

This user has validated their user name. by: Don Wagner

Mon Aug 5 09:08:59 2019

I used to enjoy selling on eBay but now I just feel like a fool.

by: mazelgirl This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 5 09:13:59 2019

you'd have to be insane to join managed payments until the very last minute.  eBay never gets anything right the first 100 tries. They'll have it if I wait.

by: Go tell the Spartans This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 5 09:18:04 2019

We have spent the last 18 months moving to and enhancing our own online store. Long ago I began saving the data from every eBay sale, name, address, phone and what they bought from us on eBay.  It's like a old fashioned piggy bank, thousands of customers to contact and eBay can't say a word. I'm lovin' it. We will be fully off eBay when managed payments become mandatory!

This user has validated their user name. by: FEEbay

Mon Aug 5 09:25:48 2019

Admittedly, I am way behind on "Managed Payments"
We still take Paypal for all transactions on Ebay. Could someone here point out exactly why "Managed Payments" is so bad?? Is it the rates?? I know Ebay has a history of screwing every new program up (I have been on Ebay since 1999, 59,000 feedback).  Instead of the usual, deserved, Ebay bashing, how about some information for a change? Thanks

by: Not A FOOL This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 5 10:39:56 2019

I also was a seller since the beginning and had reached over 7000 transactions and 100% positive feedback, but 2 years ago reached my limit having experienced everything negative eBay was throwing at "small sellers". I haven't listed anything the past 2 years and have cut back my purchases by 90% moving to other sources. It's pathetic watching a once great platform shrivel up to what it's become. eBay's profits remain only because eBay has raised their costs to those who remain to compensate and cut back on staff and improvements. So long eBay...it won't be long before you loose all you small sellers and the big ones fight back demanding lower costs or they will leave too.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Mon Aug 5 10:43:22 2019

@gmrichhicks
DeBayethKnell............lol.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Mon Aug 5 11:22:06 2019

@Paul W

If I buy something from you this morning at 10 am

When will you have those funds available for withdraw at your ATM?

With Paypal if you buy something at 10 am I can spend that money at 10:01 am

This user has validated their user name. by: QueenMab

Mon Aug 5 14:11:40 2019

Devil Weiner can rot in Hades before I'd enroll in MP.