Thu July 18 2019 14:24:09

Seller Finds Walmart Portal Rife with Issues

By: Reader

We're a newly approved seller on Walmart.com and I have never experienced a more buggy, slow and unstable seller site. I was pretty shocked (and disappointed) and not what I was expecting. Anyone else report this?

From our standpoint I'm seeing a host of functionality issues in their Walmart seller portal that was recently opened up to us. Constant random system errors, crashes, indecipherable system hangs from their platform ... the site is essentially not stable yet, and I'm shocked they would release and push this to sellers, it's in need of serious overhaul and debugging.

I tried to email Walmart support about the problems we keep having and their contact app kept crashing lol. They aren't going to be a serious player unless they can offer a stable site for sellers.
X

Perminate Link for Seller Finds Walmart Portal Rife with Issues   Seller Finds Walmart Portal Rife with Issues

This user has validated their user name. by: unsuckEBAY

Thu Jul 18 16:08:53 2019

"I have never experienced a more buggy, slow and unstable seller site"

Remarkable.

And eBay re-hired Jordan Sweetnam after his 3 years at Walmart accomplished *that*?

...I guess we shouldn't expect much from him in terms of rallying the troops to "raise the bar" back at eBay either... 🤦‍♂️

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Thu Jul 18 23:23:41 2019

Unfortunately he might be the Devils replacement.

eBay = Dead Man Walking

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 02:37:56 2019

Back before WM had 3P sellers I made my first and only WM order online. Not only did I get sent the wrong things and everything had been changed to show what I received is what I ordered. But the thing that bothered me the most was that was the week that I got a phishing email from WM, and other nasties in my email. I tried to contact WM and complain that someone was ripping of info from my order to send me bogus stuff. While I will shop there in person that was the end of my foray into buying from them online. I'm not surprised that things are buggy now at all.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 07:01:57 2019

As a buyer, I always have issues with WM's site.  I like to ship to store and my zip code is never available to choose that option.  If the item is NOT available to ship then it should state so, but the site always has that option.  I often drop WM as a shopping site and go to Home Depot (ship to store available) or Amazon.

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Fri Jul 19 08:45:09 2019

I can't get in to sell, because  not already a millionaire, but I've shopped there.  It's a little clunky but still one of the better storefronts.  Search works and I can't add sold out items to my cart, which are huge wins over most Indian shovelware.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 08:55:01 2019

I read that Google has a store setup, but I can never find the info about how to sell on Google store.  Long time ago Google was in the 3rd party store business but gave it up, probably too early, but they're supposed to have stores now that 3rd party can sell on.  Does anybody know?

by: Disgruntled_Seller This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 09:38:39 2019

The last 24 hours with Walmart's portal has been miserable. It appears they are making some "improvements" according to their information. Unless you are using third party software to handle your listings you are doomed frustration wise. Adding to the miserable experience of working with their platform, it is equally bad with their CSRs. Oh, did I mention the quality of the customer? I've spent a lot of time working in their Home Office and it is frankly hard to believe this poor platform performance is tolerated.

by: TFB12 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 10:47:49 2019

This is such a timely post because today we came into the office and found that we cannot even log into their Seller Portal today. This is not an isolated issue as the Walmart Marketplace Sellers FB group has been reporting this issue across all accounts all morning. Thankfully we use 3rd party software so we can get by today. The real kicker is, Walmart.com has absolutely zero phone support for sellers to it's impossible to even open a case with them.

by: OnlyPollyPocket This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 19 20:32:15 2019

@chicago48

Is this what you seek?:

press

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Sat Jul 20 02:54:28 2019

@Chicago48 :
How about this link :

by: shut1968 This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 20 17:05:18 2019

I've said it time and time again, Walmarts seller center, portal, whatever you want to call it is Draconian, there were better sites with seller management tools out there in the late 90's early 2000's... it's a disaster.

I was impressed at the sales volume for awhile for a up and coming marketplace but they've screwed it up so much this past year they've gone backwards with any progress they made.

Their failure to open the site to more sellers and refusal to allow used products will kill them in the end.. They want to compete with Amazon but they think the only part of Amazon that matters is Amazon themselves..

I had hi hopes of them being the ones to actually bring down Amazon and Ebay and put them back into check so that they would realize it's the sellers who made THEM.. not the other way around.. all they did was provide a marketplace for us to sell we did everything else and put up with their ever changing rules and abuse to get them there.

It's possible they could still make an impact but after a few years of the same crappy site it's becoming doubtful.

by: Barbbie This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 21 01:48:29 2019

Rife with issues is an understatement, LOL..
I too gave up on buying anything from them directly because I never got any item near when they said it would come, that is if it was not cancelled 3 or 4 days later.  The final straw was when I ordered some food and it was all within 30 days of expiration.  It was over a year ago so I may be being harsh.
As a seller there, you can open a case, but don't expect to do anything but vent, they won't help with anything. They don't know anything anyway and the rudeness is just stunning.
As far as the buyer customer service, I cringe when they call me because they will call for all sorts of issues that have nothing to do with me and are not even possible on the site.  If it is a cancellation or refund, you better pray and get as much proof from the non English speaking rep that you can, because most of the time, they call the first seller on the invoice and not the one that sold the item the customer is complaining about or wants to cancel or return.  It is ridiculous how inept these people are. The last one I got him to repeat who he was calling for and what he wanted me to cancel 3 times and 15 min later the customer was buying another one.  Cancellations and anything else for that matter that you have no control over count against you so you need to be careful.
The catalog is messed up too, I did find someone last year to help me fix most of the issues I had but it is an ongoing mess and they require a lot of proof so really time consuming.
Good luck!