Sat July 13 2019 11:12:48

eBay Seller Feels Tricked into Signing up for 3rd Party Service

By: Reader

I got this email from Webinterpret in my email address I use for eBay - it says;

Hello (Name redacted),
We have noticed that the connection between your eBay account(s) and Webinterpret is broken. This means, we are unable to list your items on foreign marketplaces and won't generate additional international sales for you. A broken connection may also lead to eBay policy violations.

Please renew connection for:
(eBay user name redacted)

I clicked on the link and was about to generate a new token when I thought 'Hang on, never click on a link without checking'. I've vaguely heard of Webinterpret and assumed I must be signed up for them; I am not. I never have been. There was no 'connection between (my) eBay account(s) and Webinterpret', ever. Also, 'A broken connection may also lead to eBay policy violations. ' - threatening me with policy violations to scam me into signing up?

This is ridiculous; I have never used this company; they are a genuine eBay partner; they are clearly scamming me into signing up for their (extremely expensive, as it turns out) service - which never mentioned any cost in the email I received. Seriously, (rhetorical question) - is eBay this desperate for money?

Is there any way you can ask eBay if Webinterpret's actions are OK with them? I cannot believe any company (even one as underhanded and devious as eBay) would allow this,
B.

Perminate Link for eBay Seller Feels Tricked into Signing up for 3rd   eBay Seller Feels Tricked into Signing up for 3rd

by: Donna This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 13 12:15:24 2019

I received this email also.  A while back, there was a notice across the selling manager/hub that said something like - expand your reach, sell internationally with no additional work -  something to that effect. There was a "learn more" link. Many people clicked on that link, including myself and were immediately signed up with WebInterpret. It listed our items on 5 different international Ebay sites and deducted all those additional listings from the monthly store allotment. That was a scam because there was no learn more, it was an automatic sign up. Took a while to figure out how to get out of that one. And now they're trying to scam us again with the "broken connection".

by: angryllama This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 13 12:50:58 2019

OP.... THRILLED that you DODGED this particular BEAR TRAP.
This seems QUITE a Dirty-Dealing Program.  Could we really have even HOPED for better once eBay was involved.
WHY, OH WHY, are these DUNCES at eBay sooooo anxious to try to FLUMMOX eBay sellers into INTERNATIONAL sales?

Folks who do NOT want to do International Sales should have 101 PERCENT control over When Where Why and to Whom they sell.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Sat Jul 13 13:20:18 2019

I have always sold globally. Five years ago, 10% of my sales came from outside the US. Now I maybe get two or three a year. What has eBay done to deter global buyers from buying from us?

by: thriftyone This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 13 14:02:56 2019

I believe they put this link on my account again within the past couple of weeks. I ignored it and knew not to click on it due to the problems were having with it a year ago....looks like some things never change....

by: BP Chicago This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 13 17:21:23 2019

The WEBINTERPRET and eBay scammed us for $10,500.
They have created multiple listings on eBay international platforms.
When we asked WEBINTERPRET to cancel our account they started canceling listings multiple times which caused excessive charges from eBay.

We have contacted eBay but they refuse to refund the fee.
Looks like it's a scam run by these companies.
We are hiring a lawyer to start a class-action lawsuit.

by: quirkyantiques This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 14 09:37:49 2019

Its not only webinterpret. Ebay is checking the Global Shipping Program box every single time I list. I had to revise listings where I didn't catch it. I tried making a template with that box NOT checked and when I used the template on the next listing-the box was checked.....

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Mon Jul 15 00:20:00 2019

Switching to Managed Payments will make Webinterpret and the Global Shipping Program go away, at least for now. Take on new problems and leavie old ones behind?

by: Paul W This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 15 01:39:38 2019

''deducted all those additional listings from the monthly store allotment.''
No, they do not.  That is just not true.  I have been using webinterpret for about 8 months and none of the international site listings come off my monthly freebies.  Also, I have paid NO FEES as a result of using webinterpret.  I have nearly 3000 listings on .com and another 10,000 or so on other eBay sites thanks to webinterpret, that have generated many $1000s in sales that I otherwise would not have.  No extra fees, no glitches, no problems.  Thanks, eBay, for making this possible.

I realize that some folks have had problems, and if you are in managed payments it doesn't work at all.  But for me, it works perfectly.  Sales are coordinated between sites so there are no out of stock problems.

by: Lahav-CampaignGO This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 16 03:41:22 2019

#CanBrit
Do NOT use the GSP (global shipping program)!!!
I used to buy a lot from eBay now it is too expensive due to the GSP.
I bought a camera 2 weeks ago
USA based seller ask for an additional $120
I Bought from Germany the actual customs tax was $30
The US seller loss the deal !!!!!!!!!!!!

This user has validated their user name. by: unsuckEBAY

Tue Jul 16 08:33:24 2019

1/ OP, We tagged Webinterpret in ECB's retweet of your complaint - you can read their response (and reply if you'd like ) here 👉http://bit.ly/2lukhlF

2/ Lahav-CampaignGO - "USA based seller ask for an additional $120"
This is a frequent misconception - the USA seller does not set (or even see the fees until the order has been places).

GSP shipping is entirely controlled by eBay - that USA seller is not the one setting the GSP rates.