Fri July 5 2019 09:34:42

Seller Unable to Pay eBay Fees with PayPal

By: Reader

It appears that one-time payments through PayPal to pay your eBay seller fees has changed. It's a new payment screen and you no longer have the option when selecting PayPal to choose how you want to pay your one-time payment.

In the past you could have used any of the payment options you had on file. Today when I went to make a one-time payment, it automatically came out of my bank account.

I called PayPal first and they said it wasn't on their end, but they had been dealing with complaints over it, the past couple days.

The PayPal rep told me she wasn't sure but, this is most likely being done as a way to faze out PayPal from monthly seller fees. Basically leaving the only option for payment via PayPal from your PayPal balance or bank account.

Called eBay and the rep checked his own PayPal account and was able to see that you no longer have the preferred payment method option. Which was a surprise to him. You can still pay with a credit card but not through Paypal for the one time payment.

A little notice would have been nice, but since their employees aren't even left in the loop on it, I guess it's too much to ask.
Sean

Perminate Link for Seller Unable to Pay eBay Fees with PayPal   Seller Unable to Pay eBay Fees with PayPal

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 5 10:40:19 2019

Its part of Ebay's CRASH DAY.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 5 10:56:57 2019

On my screen the ability to make small one time payments was removed.

I can only pay the entire balance or nothing.

It did take the balance out of Paypal however.

The 2 wicked sisters of pain are once again playing with sellers.

eBay sees no reason to tell the scum (sellers) anything.

Besides - they are busy building bars and scrubbing manufacturers accounts.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Fri Jul 5 14:57:44 2019

Oh this is FUNNY  :o)

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Jul 5 17:25:30 2019

This isn't going to work for a lot of sellers!

I like to pay down my bill as the month progresses.

I swear Amazon has people on eBay's payroll.

What other excuse could their be for such things?

by: LLM8 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jul 5 19:20:11 2019

I can NOT make a one time payment from any of the options given (it has 4 options - Paypal; checking acct; debit or credit card; or by check). I can check which option I want to use, but the magic ''button'' to make payment is not functioning.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri Jul 5 22:31:55 2019

@toolguy - The "excuse" is Mangled Payments.

This user has validated their user name. by: CanBrit

Sat Jul 6 13:53:19 2019

I just went to my Summary and selected Seller Account. It allows me to use PayPal and also select the amount I want to pay.

Not sure others are going a different route, but this one has always worked for me.

by: GrumpyHam This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 6 19:16:03 2019

I paid yesterday with no issues.
Might not be widespread YET.
I am clearing inventory, when eBay takes over payments I am done. 2M in sales over 15 years part time. Shame,
but great fun while it lasted. Became a millionaire in part due to eBay.

by: Shanna This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 7 11:27:19 2019

I too went to Seller Account and made a one time payment of $2.00 with Paypal.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 7 13:08:42 2019

Not sure what mine says because ebay has had my credit card on file for years - they automatically take it every month and I've never had a problem AND I get miles on the card. Since I pay my cc by the week in full I never accrue finance charges.  I'm not paperless so those statement at the end of the year make for simple accounting

by: 1st Armored Division 1971-1973 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 8 00:15:35 2019

I had this problem so I used my Paypal Debit Card but there was a catch with it.

Ebay auto fills the billing information in with what it has on file but my Paypal card has a "different name" on it.

Manually change the name and I was able to pay a one time payment with my Paypal debit card.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jul 8 02:25:27 2019

I have had several issues with PP over the last 30+ days.  Off and on the payment notifications do not come through for up to THREE days.

I took a look at my account I can still make a one time payment using PP.  Maybe some are looking in the wrong place.

Site Preferences
On the right choose Seller Account
Bottom of the page it says "You can make a one-time payment using PayPal or another payment method."  Click on One time payment and it takes you to the appropriate screen.

by: wellspring This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 8 07:17:28 2019

A few weeks ago, I decided to start making partial payments because I’m tired of it taking my last week of sales of each month to pay my monthly invoice. It’s always amazed me how I get “just enough sales to make my bill” after crickets for days...
Well, like it’s being said here, it’s now a money grab to take my entire balance instead of the option of a partial payment.
Several days ago, it cleaned out my PayPal balance and took the balance from my checking. No option to select what I really wanted to pay. It’s a good thing I still had enough sitting in my checking. I can only pay the entire “balance” so I’ll be making weekly payments now and hope that works.
Where was the legal notice about this? Is this legal? Don’t I have the legal right to make partial payments? Is this how managed payments will be handled by ebay? Be afraid. Be very afraid. Ebay in charge of my money? Yikes!

by: wellspring This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 8 07:21:25 2019

@Marie
Yes, it says you can make a one time payment on ebay. The issue is that you can’t make a “partial payment.” It is grayed out on PP and defaults to the entire ebay (past and current unpaid charges) balance. Until you actually try to do it, you won’t know that it’s not working properly for “partial” payments.

by: Windkissed This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 8 07:50:34 2019

I hope they don;t try to control the money.  Last month my monthly payment did not come out of paypal as usual, then 2 days later I get a notice that I had not made my payment.  Why can't things go as normal?  I want to make more money and I want ebay to stay out of my business as far as my pricing, cutting prices, etc.  The sellers are the only ones who determine pricing.  Does ebay know what I pay for my items?  NO,  Do they know anything about what is behind my investments?  NO.  So stay out of my business and continue with smooth transactions from paypal.

by: spooky This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 8 10:08:25 2019

the eBay - Paypal connection has been changed in very confusing ways. For almost 20 years everything synced perfectly and now I have no idea whats going on. Some days my payments and labels are funding by PP balance and other days they take it from my checking account. I hate it

by: Just Plain Irritated This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 8 10:16:52 2019

In reference to a comment by Whatever: ''ebay has had my credit card on file for years - they automatically take it every month and I've never had a problem''

I had my payments set up the same way. ebay automatically took payment using my Credit Card from 1998 to early 2019.  I had gone in and updated the expiration date when needed, no problems.

Then a few months ago, when the date expired, eBay sent a message that my payment was over due. I realized I had forgotten to update that expiration date. When I tried, eBay wouldn't accept the change. I called eBay several times, they tried to say my card was no good but I knew it was, I pay the balance in full every month to avoid interest charges.

I told them I was using it for all my selling activities and everything else was accepting it just fine. Finally a Customer Rep offered to just take the credit card info out so I could start over. They took it out, then I received this threatening letter about what would happen if I didn't have a credit card on file. YIKES! Worst email I ever got from them. I should have saved it.

Anyway, that didn't work, I still couldn't get the credit card info accepted as a payment method, the programmers probably just needed to raise the YEAR accepted, this card had a 8 yrs out date. Since then it has just showed PayPal and they have taken it from my PP Acct. Rather than a second payment option, it now says ''Backup payment method - None''

My sales figure keeps dropping each month. I used to average $9000 per month, now I'm lucky if I sell $2500. I recently decided I'm no longer buying new merchandise to sell. I'm just selling down. Once it's gone, I'm gone. I've had enough of their incompetence and control.

by: Davina T This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 8 10:46:10 2019

I dropped my Paypal account altogether, and no longer sell on Ebay, I am a buyer.  I don't have any credit card connected to my ebay account, I just choose "visa debit" to pay a merchant.  I don't think ebay can get into my bank account with managed payments. I never opted in. Will Adyen be forced on everyone before long ? I'm looking into an alternative to Paypal. It worked for years, but things changed.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jul 8 13:00:39 2019

@wellspring

It is not grayed out on my screen.

And BTW, how can this possibly be a "money grab" by Ebay.  Are you saying that if you don't make partial payments throughout the month, your total bill at the end of the month is a higher amount than you would have owed otherwise?

If it is an intentional change, they could be rolling it out and I'm not affected yet.

@spooky

You are correct.  I've had issues with PP [not Ebay] that have never occurred before in all my years using the site.  I've had payment notifications take up to 3 days to arrive.  I've had some never come at all.  And tracking isn't always uploading.

by: eastwestphoto This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jul 9 07:31:02 2019

I bought a camera on eBay and paid with paypal credit. The seller shipped me a SNAD camera.I sent the lens off to be serviced, cost $94.00. Then i get a notice from eBay that the camera was NOT paid for by PayPal? The seller want's me to pay again? This is why eBay is a dead website! Too many problems on eBay. Sales are DEAD on eBay!