Sat Apr 7 2018 22:22:07

Sellers Report Unwelcome Changes to PayPal Functions

By: Readers

PayPal has done away with the Classic multi-order shipping page. The new multi-order shipping does not give a "Receipt for purchase" like the classic shipping platform did.

This receipt has save me countless hours when customer inquire about an order. Plus my accountant love the information for tax purposes. Anyone else feel this way?
Partsdude68

===

I just noticed that PayPal is no longer displaying the eBay user's email address in their notifications that a payment has been received. This appears to have changed at about Noon PST on April 5th.

The email addresses are also not showing when you go directly to the payment in your PayPal account. Says to contact the buyer through eBay.

Also not showing on PayPal shipping, where you used to be able to send a brief note to the recipient. Messages PRIOR to that time and date show the email address, at least that's the way it appears in my accounts.

Looks like PayPal is helping eBay out in anticipation of the new payment system. So you can't get your eBay buyer's email address even if they are able to pay the seller directly through PayPal in the future, if all that has been sorted out yet.

For a company that supposedly has no affiliation with eBay, they sure seem to work together, like driving the getaway car.
Regards
Bill

Perminate Link for Sellers Report Unwelcome Changes to PayPal Functio   Sellers Report Unwelcome Changes to PayPal Functio

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Sat Apr 7 23:37:50 2018

I got payments today from PayPal for items sold on eBay and when I hit reply, like I always do, the buyers email address shows up so I do not know what the other Bill is talking about. I normally send a fixed reply thanking for the payment and the day when it ships.
I do not know what Partsdude68 is talking about since I do not use PayPal for shipping.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sun Apr 8 02:30:20 2018

I am having no problem at all with seeing my customers email addresses on my PP payment notifications, either the emails I get or if I go into PP and view the payment.

by: geoffreymason This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 8 08:49:12 2018

I'm experiencing the same thing. Buyer e-mail addresses are no longer being provided.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Apr 8 12:38:48 2018

Out of 89 different orders this morning there was no problem with paypal what so ever.

by: Bob V2 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 00:35:18 2018

I'm not seeing any change at all in PayPal or their emails.  Curious.

by: Paul W This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 00:40:57 2018

No changes to PP that I can see.  Buyer's email address appears in the transaction details, and replying to the PP notification goes to the buyer's email.

by: donald This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 00:41:26 2018

I started noticing that too but you can still see the buyers email if you reply the payment notification email from PayPal. In other words when you reply you are not replying PayPal you are replying the buyer.

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Mon Apr 9 00:51:11 2018

It is true that if you hit REPLY to the email, the buyer's email address shows up.  That is because the email is set up this way -
from: service@paypal.com
reply-to: Buyer's Name

But in the body of the Paypal email messages, they used to start like this:
''You received a payment of $49.86 USD from [ebay username inserted here] (buyer's email address inserted here)''
Now there is NO email address, just omitted.

If I check the actual transaction on Paypal, also no email address.  Instead at the bottom it says:
''Need to contact the buyer?
Log in to your eBay account and go to order details.''

I tried downloading my Paypal history, which shows all information per transaction including emails.  On the recent transactions, instead of showing the buyer's email, it says ''To get contact details, please visit your Order details on MyeBay''.

Email addresses are still showing on the Sales Record at eBay which you can access from the hub.  Probably not for much longer, though.

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Mon Apr 9 00:52:43 2018

No problem here either with PayPal customer addresses.

by: Vigilant Eye On eBay This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 01:38:32 2018

The issues that some users are reporting may have to do with whether or not a PayPal account was used to complete the eBay purchase.

By passing PayPal, buyers can elect to use a credit card to pay for their purchases directly though eBay checkout.

The aforementioned credit card information can also be saved on the eBay site for future purchases,

Although other payment choices will still appear on a cart's payment page, if a buyer elects to save their credit card information on eBay, the credit card (rather than PayPal) will become the default payment option.

In the case of direct payments, there are no PayPal logins, and PayPal simply acts in the capacity of a merchant's account for credit cards.

Direct credit card payments do not require a user to enter an email address and eBay may not provide one to PayPal.

Probably a precursory step toward eBay managed payments, the direct credit card payment option has been available for some time now.

This user has validated their user name. by: thehosst

Mon Apr 9 11:03:24 2018

Paypal is playing with many changes which they are meant to scare away customers. I bet nobody even knows Paypal was hacked last week, right, keep texting and watching MTV

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Apr 9 12:31:44 2018

@thehosst

Please provide a link to the article you read about PP being hacked.

PP is a for profit company, it would make no sense for them to do something with the SOLE intention of scaring away customers.

by: Dellthorpe This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 15:14:38 2018

PayPal/Ebay is going to do what ever they want to regardless of the sellers. They r a bunch of arrogant, liers, thiefs, con artist and criminal scum. If u have been defrauded by PayPal it is criminal not civil contact the FBI on its site (ic3.gov) it only takes a minute. When the upcoming stock market crashes, Trump gets through with Amazon (which they will make it but Ebay is way too small to make it), and the economy takes a severe dive north because or Trump's stupidity Ebay/PayPal will b in for a sever hurting. Ebay/PayPal scams the sellers.

by: Tinker Belle This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 20:49:44 2018

I noticed quite a while ago (like MONTHS) that PP had omitted email addresses !  I like to know WHO I am buying from.

VOILA - I needed to check something that is easier for me to use the CLASSIC format -- and there are the buyer email addresses right in the transaction as they always were before.

Try using the CLASSIC format - see if you can't find the emails you're looking for there.

by: Tinker Belle This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 20:56:02 2018

@Vigilant Eye -  I don't think the "GUEST" payment function PP is offering has anything to do with the planned changeover by Ebay to being the payment processor.

When it first started up PP seemed to be doing as it pleased. It found out that it apparently is governed by the Banking Dept.  I believe the appearance of a "GUEST" function is likely to follow a banking department regulation. Most of the online shopping sites I use have a "Guest" function that allows me to not have to register an account with them.  As one of the processors, PP has had to comply with the same payment option.

LOL I tried using PP Guest myself once, and the result was a big flag on my Chase CC account, that resulted in not only the PP payment but a legitimate payment made a couple of hours later ALSO being denied.  I phoned Chase and discovered that, and that they were going to phone and ask me what was going on.  Progress..........

by: Silverdog This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 22:52:54 2018

Wrong, the email is there on my(payment received) notice from paypal.

by: geoffreymason This user has validated their user name.

Mon Apr 9 23:23:32 2018

Silverdog: No, YOU are wrong. The effing addresses are not appearing on our PP invoices. Just wait -- it will happen to you presently.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Tue Apr 10 02:12:37 2018

@Tinker Belle

PP has had a "guest" function for YEARS.  It is not new.

I could be wrong, but to my knowledge PP is still classified as a payment processor, not a bank.  Therefore they have different rules / laws / regulations than a bank does.

Your problem with your CC, was just that, your CC, not PP.  It is their security protocol, not PP's.

@geoffreymason

It appears that some are experiencing the problem while others are not.  I have no idea why, but it is a mixed bag as of right now.  For myself, I can see the email addresses too.

You stated they aren't appearing on your PP "invoices".  Did you actually mean your payment notifications from PP or did you actually mean "invoices"?  The problems that the article is about is the Payment notifications.  Are you also seeing a problem with PP invoices as well?

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed Apr 11 14:34:08 2018

I originally posted that I was still getting email address on my PP notification emails.  As of today that has changed.  They do NOT appear anymore.

It appears PP was phasing these changes in that the OP reported.

by: PerCompLLC This user has validated their user name.

Wed Apr 11 17:37:30 2018

I have two PayPal accounts. One is still showing the customer's emails in the body of the payment email and the other is not. WTF?