Thu Dec 27 2018 21:49:05

Paying for an eBay Store but Not Getting Seen in Search

By: Reader

I have over 1500 items listed on eBay and only 1 item is showing. After a lengthy phone call with an eBay rep I come to find out that my storefront there is not the only one affected.

Others with storefronts on eBay should check theirs to be sure that all items listed are showing. Ticket submitted, blah, blah, blah.

They claim they will email me when problem is resolved.

Normally I do not check my storefront but a couple times a month, so it looks like I need to check it daily. I also requested credit for the fee they charge each month, so if this problem affects others, they should do the same.
R.

Perminate Link for Paying for an eBay Store but Not Getting Seen in S   Paying for an eBay Store but Not Getting Seen in S

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Dec 28 00:37:08 2018

I never check my store!

I don't like the layout, I only check active listings.

I went to my store, all 143 items are showing.

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Fri Dec 28 04:39:11 2018

I have had this issue in the past and good luck seeing the refund because the UA was changed to state that your items may not be shown at all, just for this type of situation.  Ebay intentionally hides listings as the influx of Chinese listings and multiple duplicate listings the Chinese are allowed to have has created a situation where Ebay no longer has the capacity to show all the items 24/7/365.  Rather than spend the money to fix the problem, Ebay changed the UA wording so they can charge you for a store or even the Promoted Listings amount and yet not show any of your items at all as they are protected now.

Wenig continues to say that China is Ebays future and the fact that our items are constantly hidden while all of their duplicates are not only allowed but shown all the time, shows that  he has every intention of making this so.  Whether the Chinese are paying him off in some fashion or he just has a love affair with China, it continues to become more and more obvious that Ebay under its current leadership feels they do not need our business, only our money for the stores so they can continue to survive while he continues to destroy the site.  Ebay stated a couple of years ago that this store money was what they were going to count on during the transition to new platform, but they failed to ever disclose that they would wind up destroying the platform for anybody other than big box stores or the Chinese and the way things are going it will be only the Chinese.

But Trump threw a monkey wrench into his plans with this withdrawal from the United Postal Union and now he must be scrambling to figure out how the Chinese are going to survive with their shipping costs going higher than our domestic rates.  If Ebay were to suddenly lose all of the store revenue for a couple of months that would  probably destroy the site as they would then have to actually have sales, which at this point in time they do not.  As long as Ebay continues to receive all the store income that they do at this point,  Ebay could care less about how long it takes to fix the search program or the catalog or how many American businesses they put out of business.  They even have the nerve to still collect the penalty for early closure if you close your store before the 12 months are up due to no sales because they need that money in order to survive.  I am as much to blame as others, however I have cut back and will do more cutting back this next year as well as putting my store on monthly rather than annual so I can shut it down at any moment with no additional revenue being paid to Ebay.  I have been moving my items to a site where there is no up front fee and the only time you owe fees is when you make a sale.  The FVF is higher but i have no problem with that as I actually sold something so they earned the money.  Maybe Ebay should take a lesson from that company as it is growing.

by: UB This user has validated their user name.

Fri Dec 28 07:27:01 2018

Our store has been hit with the Ebay hide your listings as well in the last month. For example one of our items was the first or second in search for over 2 years with over 900 sold and now you cant even find it. All the items are grouped together at the end of the searches. I called and talked to a woman who had no clue and told me to relist my items. I am probably going to call and complain again today. We are down over 65% compared to same period last year. We decided to open an Amazon store just this past week because of what Ebay has done to us. Slowly moving as much as we can onto Amazon. We had more sales in 2 days on Amazon then we have had on Ebay in the last 10 Days.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri Dec 28 08:52:18 2018

Stop blaming China for eBay's crimes.  eBay is hiding the listings, not Xi Jinping.  eBay takes your money. The Treasury of China does not. The buck stops with Wenig.

by: kilogirl78 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Dec 28 12:08:36 2018

Feel your pain. They suspended me because of their glitches. Two reps confirmed it was on their end. I have to serve the suspension AND they refused to credit me back my store fee.  I have a reminder to set to cancel my store when it's up for renewal.  Not worth the headache of dealing with eBays continuous problems.

by: ebayout This user has validated their user name.

Fri Dec 28 14:43:42 2018

UA or no UA, this is borderline restraint of trade.
Where's the FTC?

by: Vernfern This user has validated their user name.

Fri Dec 28 15:49:51 2018

eBay's has done this to me for far longer than it was being discovered by many sellers in more recent times.  I was feeling the sales manipulation long ago - seen by other sellers mysteriously selling good quantities of a specific item when my listing was dead despite being a top rated powerseller with a store (yes I realize powerseller status lost a lot of weight in recent times).

I discovered my items were simply not listed despite having a store in good standing. I tended to hit a glass ceiling and sales would stop - note that being a seller since the 1990's I never had a visible selling limit.

eBay decides who sells and who does not. Paying for a store, keeping up top with selling standards does not help out - they hide your items no matter how much you pay them. As a result, I closed my store and stopped listing. Now eBay receives nothing from me. I suggest others follow me and leave the sinking ship to sink.

This user has validated their user name. by: Lightning

Fri Dec 28 22:24:56 2018

Had an odd thing happen today that changed the way I am listing in my store:
While browsing through my usual searches for things to buy, I saw a Sold item that I certainly would have bought at the price it sold for, but I didn't remember seeing it listed recently at that price.  I checked on it, and it was listed in JANUARY, almost a year ago!  At the time it was listed, it was probably too much, so I ignored it.  The seller kept lowering the price gradually, way below my buy price, but I didn't know it.  This made me realize that I was doing the same thing in my store, using Promotion Manager to lower my prices periodically.  If I didn't know HIS price was lower, chances are that my customers don't know it either.

So I decided to go from GTC to 30 days.  That way the items appear as new listings, and at slightly lower prices each time, if desired.  A fresh look every 30 days.  It's easy to do in bulk through Seller Hub or Auctiva.

So that they all don't come up for renewal at the same time, I only changed the 50 listings that had the shortest remaining time, as even GTC listings go through a 30 day cycle.  Within 2 hours of relisting, I had sold 4 items, and that was the same amount as the previous 2 days.

So in a few days I'll do another 50 until all are on 30 day staggered renewals.  Might also help in placement to remove the stale listing numbers.  Or when people who are watching something see it change to ENDED, that might spur them to check what it sold for.  They will see it as Relisted, and maybe get interested in actually BUYING it.

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Sat Dec 29 19:53:43 2018

It's called, "Bait and Switch".

by: Grady This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 29 23:11:59 2018

None of my listings show up on Ebay, but I haven't given them a cent in years.

Works pretty well

by: val2525 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 31 02:04:49 2018

@Silver Ice King, there's a difference between items showing up in a search and a buyer being able to see all of the items when the buyer views a seller storefront. I know the UA says eBay may or may not show my items in search.  I can live with that. However, I pay a separate fee for my store and I expect buyers to  see my items when they are viewing my storefront. THAT view is NOT covered by the UA.

by: quovadis12345 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 31 07:51:19 2018

I sell a product that China cannot sell, so your theories albeit certainly true do not apply here. Some months, all sales come to a grinding halt, and I cannot find my bags anywhere. I think it has to do with rolling black outs. Then sales pick up and I know the bags are visible again. Quite frankly, I would not recommend Ebay to my worst enemy, even In my deepest most sadistic and masochistic nightmares.

by: Simi MIke This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 31 09:48:09 2018

After reading this story I decided to see how our store came up on the eBay Store listings page since I never go look there, as do many I'm sure.
Did a search from the eBay search bar for ''stores on eBay'', then went to eBay Motors then P&A. Shows only boat related stores, no automotive in the sidebar menu choices.
Is that a big deal, no probably not as I doubt anyone really searches that way, but it is another example of EB search knowing more about what the buyer wants than the buyer does. And I don't even own a boat.

by: Mark4 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 31 10:56:27 2018

Everytime we find a listing that ebay is not showing, we end the listing and put the item on amazon. Amazon doesn't play these stupid games that ebay does. Ditch Ebay, you don't need them.  Also call the FTC as we did and file a complaint. The person I spoke with at the FTC said Ebay is the most complained about company and investigations are in the works.

by: JohnGermaine This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 31 14:21:23 2018

4 days on and 4 days off - again! Same old, same old. If you pay to play - sometimes they show your stuff.  It's always been like this.

by: Silver Ice King This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 31 20:16:26 2018

@ val2525

I agree with you completely, but as far as Ebay is concerned they are one in the same and all you are paying for with the store now is for the listings.  They took out all of the personalzation and also the ability to search in a store for more than 1 item at a time.  As soon as you finish one search and put in the second item you are back in main Ebay rather than the store you wanted to deal with.  Ebay has been working as hard as it can at eliminating Sellers names and personalities from the stores, listings and everything else because they want everybody to think that they bought it from Ebay, not such and such on Ebay.  Ebay wants all the glory and all of the fame until it comes to a problem, then it is all about the seller and their problems.  That is another reason that Ebay always sides with the buyers, again they want them to think that Ebay is the seller like Amazon is, yet they own nothing.  But if you notice they now refer to our stores as theirs, our inventory as their inventory and now also want to be the name that shows up when the buyer purchases something on the site. Those in managed payments no longer have their name show up when the buyer gets their credit card statement, it is now something like Ebay Commerce.  So again they want to own everything but pay for nothing which has been Wenigs goal since day one.

So as far as Ebay is concerned if your store does not show up,oh well and yes i know this from personal experience, when all but 4 of my listings disappeared for an entire weekend and if you looked in my store, only 4 items show for sale even though it stated that i had 967 items for sale.

Ebay is practicing Socialism by spreading he wealth around as evenly as they can so that they continue to sell stores, which is now a critical component of their revenue as sales have tanked big time as they cannot garner new customers.  But they don't see that when they cause a new seller to lose their iphone to a scammer and tell them its a cost of doing business that this person just goes out and tells all their friends who then avoid Ebay like the plague, thus no growth.

by: Filadelfos This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jan 2 12:09:26 2019

The UA means they can prevent your items from appearing in SEARCH. They cannot hide your items when someone views your store, you are paying separately for that and they are required to show all of your items. To do so would violate multiple state & federal laws.