Thu Nov 29 2018 21:29:23

eBay Webinterpret Promo Results in Seller Suspension

By: Reader

I've been sent to eBay jail for 3 days for violating an eBay Germany policy. I signed up for eBay's/Webinterpret's take on international selling. In a few words, they take your USA listings and list them on eBay's international sites.

Sounded like a good idea and it was free to the end of the year and then you could pay the fee and continue if it was a success.

Well! Some things in English on the eBay USA site don't always meet with approval on the foreign sites. It seemed like a good idea, but different sites have different rules, and I got caught up in some.

I'm in the process of dumping the program. I guess those two companies didn't quite think it through.

I did get a notice of the suspension, but it was in German and came from the German site. It affects my USA site also. I guess I get a vacation.

I enjoy your Ecommerce Bytes. Regards,
W.

Perminate Link for eBay Webinterpret Promo Results in Seller Suspensi   eBay Webinterpret Promo Results in Seller Suspensi

by: 1st Armored Division 1971-1973 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 29 22:58:34 2018

I thought about it for awhile but decided against it. International sales already consume about 20-25% of my sales. Who needs another middleman?

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 30 05:52:26 2018

Funny how many sellers on Ebay are still learning NEVER TO TRUST ANYTHING EBAY DOES OR SAYS AS YOU WILL PAY.

Free to the end of the year after a three day suspension. Bet it cost more in sales than if you had paid for it.

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN NOTHING IS FREE PERIOD.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri Nov 30 06:29:47 2018

"and it was free to the end of the year and then you could pay the fee "

Another monetizing scheme

by: NoMoreEbay This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 30 10:03:59 2018

Use Google Translate, call CS and speak Mandarin. They will probably lift your suspension on the spot.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Fri Nov 30 11:29:45 2018

@NoMoreEbay

Actually eBay.de uses German Customer Service reps to speak German to it's users!

I doubt many chinese speak German!

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri Nov 30 23:10:30 2018

Unless a seller speaks German (or Italian, French, or whatever other languages Webinterpret offers), I think it would be very hard to communicate with a potential buyer or customer service for that country's site. As the OP discovered, sometimes using a mechanical translation program yields unwanted results. There are many articles online of Asian menus being translated into English with wording so hysterical that you'd never eat at the restaurant. I think it would be much safer to sell on an English-speaking site where, hopefully, you'd only be dealing with people who can read and understand English.

by: angryllama This user has validated their user name.

Sat Dec 1 14:18:34 2018

W.... Could you COPY and PASTE EXACTLY what the message you received  AUF DEUTSCH  said ?  I try to struggle my way thru to SEE what they objected to.

Off-Hand my suspicion MIGHT be as simple as YOUR listing saying something along the lines of NO RETURNS or some way that The German Site's Artificial Intelligence thought you were selling some drug (one that is OTC Over The Counter in the USA) that is not allowed in Germany.
Even something as simple as if YOU put the word "GIFT" in your listing since ... auf Deutsch GIFT is a LEGIT GERMAN word meaning  POISON..

by: ebayisscrewed This user has validated their user name.

Sun Dec 2 13:27:02 2018

We signed up for the promotion in July 17th. July 24th we noticed over $7k in listing fees that were supposed to be free. It took us over 2 months and our account suspended for non-payment to correct the issue. Ebay would not assist at all. As a matter of fact the level of service from eBay regarding the over-billing was disgusting. Their response: Pay it if you want to continue to participate on eBay. Webinterpret finally got the charges removed, again after 2 months. I am surprised they even want to continue dealing with eBay themselves. Ebay wants to continue it simply because it shows a increase in listings across the world - even though they are same listings. Another way to trick Wall Street.

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Mon Dec 3 00:24:05 2018

I opted in several weeks ago and had one sale. It's much too soon to tell if this service will pan out. Hopefully, this topic will be revisited after Webinterpret has been up and running for awhile.

by: Dale Wilch This user has validated their user name.

Mon Dec 3 10:22:41 2018

One of the biggest messes that eBay and this Webinterpret caused me was when I did finally get the program shut down and the listings ended I got several thousand End of Listing email from eBay and from each country that had the listings and crashed my email server.  Never again.

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Mon Dec 3 20:14:52 2018

@Dale International listing expirations are also clogging up my Seller Hub. There is a way to sort the listings: select US under listing sites and then click search. That will remove all the international clutter.

by: Paul W This user has validated their user name.

Tue Dec 4 01:11:34 2018

If you sell stamps, webinterpret is a wonderful thing.  For me it has resulted in $100s in extra sales per month, and NO extra fees.  OTOH, I will likely not continue past the free promotion since they make it difficult to work out what their fees are.  Meanwhile I am getting 5-10 sales a day, mostly to Germany and UK from those listings.  One can hope that some of those buyers will visit my US store for future sales.

by: mcposty This user has validated their user name.

Wed Dec 5 00:21:42 2018

As soon as they hear chinese sll bans limits and rules will be lifted.

Ebay is owned by china.