Sat Sept 23 2017 10:08:14

eBay Holiday Shipping Error Impacts Seller's TRS Status

By: Reader

Is anyone else having this problem? I have 4 listings shipped on Tuesday 9/5 that were bought over the weekend that could not be shipping Monday 9/4 due to the Labor Day holiday. The items were shipped and scanned out the first business day after the sale- inline with the on-time carrier scan. The eBay system clearly dinged my account on 4 items. I shipped out about 15 but 4 did not take (tracking show correctly though).

I called into customer service and was told the metrics in error could not be removed because they do not have the power to remove them since they rely on the post office's information. The tracking clearly shows the post office's scan time to be next business day. Huh? you can't remove something from the system you created, all these six figure I.T. folks and they made a program that can't fix errors?

I never have late shipments so it didn't affect my seller status, but what if I was on the verge? I would be subject to stress and anxiety because of an eBay glitch?

There are people I know that are being restricted for this reason even thought this is a known glitch that it not publicized by eBay. What's more alarming is the rep stated they could "white blanket" my account so that if these items in the future affect my seller status they can keep me at top rated.

Here's the issue - the post office tracking doesn't read past 6 months, so at that time if my metric causes my account to be harmed, the rep that I speak to at that time to "white blanket" protect my account will have no way to reference the error eBay glitch, which clearly shows now. At that point, the metric punishment would stand.

How is this ethical and how is a system designed where the company can't adjust system glitches?

I do have another ding, this time it was just a regular day item bought 8/23 tracking shows shipped 8/24 but that item shows shipped late per eBay.

Other sellers - are your shipping metrics off as well????
FF

eBay Holiday Shipping Error Impacts Seller's TRS S   eBay Holiday Shipping Error Impacts Seller's TRS S

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Sat Sep 23 11:34:44 2017

fleecebay doing what they do best....screw with the small sellers...

I have had the same issues, got the same results with car as you except I did not get the white blanket promise

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sat Sep 23 12:46:08 2017

Unfortunately this does happen to some sellers every time we have a Federal Holiday.  I have no idea after all this time that Ebay has not fixed this issue as it reoccurs all the time.

The CSR you spoke to was WRONG.  They can remove those dings from your account.  Call back and get it handled.  If the next CSR says they can't, either ask for a supervisor or politely hang up and then call back so you get a different CSR.

There is also the Weekly Chat on the Ebay discussion boards every Wednesday.  You can post this there and one of the CSRs will answer you.  They will then ask you to send them an email because they can't discuss your account on the thread.  But the good thing about that is you get one dedicated CSR looking into your problem.  Most of the time they do a pretty good job and finding the answer for a problem such as yours.

by: exdwh This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 24 10:41:56 2017

What does this mean? ''I shipped out about 15 BUT 4 DID NOT TAKE (tracking show correctly though).''

It sounds like you had 4 items where tracking information was not entered within your handling time (with or without the holiday).

Where these eBay labels that didn't update?

--David

by: JWsax This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 25 08:28:03 2017

The idea that Ebay would devote any resources to fixing a problem that hurts its best small sellers is sadly no more than a joke. We all know better.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 25 10:42:54 2017

Why isn't this problem fixed? Ok let's think about this - does it affect your dashboard? Did you lose your discount from one qlitch or the other? hummm - ebay couldn't possibly be making more money by yanking away TRP seller status could they? Just another way to rob the sellers. Grow up everyone.

by: phantom This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 25 10:50:41 2017

The India programmers do no know what a US Federal Holiday is and therefore do not program accordingly.

by: RedSqrl This user has validated their user name.

Mon Sep 25 17:27:53 2017

It must only have affected a few sellers.

If it were me, I'd call back and start over with a different rep.  My experience has been their phone reps read scripts and dont always understand what a policy means.   Call again.

This user has validated their user name. by: cfrphoto

Mon Sep 25 17:28:34 2017

This is not a new bug. Last winter Christmas and New Years Day fell on a Sunday making Monday an official holiday. As reported here, eBay failed to treat either Monday as a holiday. However, after about 30 minutes on the telephone, I was able to have the dings removed.