Mon Aug 28 2017 09:48:55

eBay Seller Hub Translates to More Work for Sellers

By: Reader

Last week, we found ourselves automatically enrolled into the Seller Hub program. It is different, but not difficult to learn.

The biggest issues was photos. Simultaneous to starting SH, we lost the picture magnifier, or image zoom, for all new listings.

This morning I cancelled our SH subscription and reposted a photo in a new listing to see if this would return the magnifier and it has solved the issue.

Currently, SH looks like another eBay change that means more work for the sellers.
Regards,
Scott

eBay Seller Hub Translates to More Work for Seller   eBay Seller Hub Translates to More Work for Seller

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 28 10:12:44 2017

Customize everything to disappear and use bookmarks for what you need. The result is a clean landing page with no more of the crap scrolling that fleecepig thinks we want.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Wed Aug 30 06:52:19 2017

More work for sellers.  It is the eBay way.  You never coast on eBay.    Remember when all sellers had to clean up any photo that was smaller than 600 pixels?  (Thank God they didn't enforce that white background nonsense.)  And recently it was the active content clean-up?  It never ends.   eBay's list of convoluted dos and don'ts reads like the USA tax code and is ever changing.

by: RCL This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 30 08:44:10 2017

I'm with Rexford. They have put sellers through hell. All my images had very limited text but it had to be deleted. A nightmare. I sell best now on Etsy and Ruby Lane--far fewer headaches so far.

by: jcn83 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 30 11:12:35 2017

Check out EBTH! They're starting to work with more business sellers and prices realized have been off the charts for me so far. Growing company and seller centric!

This user has validated their user name. by: LasVagueness

Wed Aug 30 23:51:30 2017

I use @FeelingFroggy's workaround.

by: Paul W This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 31 01:52:38 2017

I kind of use @FeelingFroggy's workaround.
I keep listings, orders, seller tools, feedback, shortcuts, and promotions since those are the items I am likely to use or refer to.  I can do everything from that page that I could do from myeBay.

by: Postthoughts This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 31 09:49:52 2017

I found several complaints about EBTH online.Buyers were not happy with the condition of items and many never received their items.  Several complaints about having to fight to get refund when the items were never sent.   I also saw some seller complaints that items were damaged by EBTH.

Since you keep plugging EBTH can you give more detail of your experience besides claiming your prices are off the charts because I'm not seeing great prices when comparing similar items.

by: I Must be Crazy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 31 11:42:31 2017

I don't use the seller hub for anything more than managing my shipping labels and following my metrics. I think it's garbage. The data is inaccurate most of the time. Some days it is completely missing rendering it useless. I shouldn't have to make manual corrections to come up with actual figures. These seem like they should be simple functions for a company as large as Ebay.

The price comparisons and recommendations are useless. Granted I sell used items so the high level pricing comparison doesn't work well for my products. However, the menial and obvious recommendations from Ebay are rather insulting. They must think we are all idiots and know nothing about our respective businesses.  I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like trying to actually list something with such a glitch ridden, inconsistent mess.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Fri Sep 1 10:42:23 2017

EBTH ? Really? they start everything at a $1 - shoot I can do that right here on ebay - no thanks another start-up scammer site - read the reviews - it's not brain surgery