Fri Aug 25 2017 11:59:48

eBay Seller Hub Introduces Inaccurate Message

By: Reader

When I go to the Seller Hub, top left, there is a spot that now tells me how many items need to be revised to remove contact information (right by the items awaiting shipment).

I click and it brings up items - every one of which says under the "type" that it has email which is peculiar as I have never included an email in any listing.

All are older listings (2014 and earlier) and I was revising old listings anyway, but it would certainly help if the type was actually accurate so I knew what to change in a given listing.
David

eBay Seller Hub Introduces Inaccurate Message   eBay Seller Hub Introduces Inaccurate Message

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 25 12:16:31 2017

Better to not pay any attention to that crap. Ebay in some year will correct the problem so its not worth worrying about now. I mean what are they going to do, delete it. If they do that the only things on Fleecepig will be the chinese junk dealers.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 25 12:43:03 2017

fleecebay strikes again!!

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Aug 28 02:47:20 2017

These types of issues are restricted to the Seller Hub.  My Ebay wasn't correct on unanswered questions and other things as well.  I'm not defending the Seller Hub, I'm just saying that the info provided on both Seller Hub and the old My Ebay wasn't always accurate.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Mon Aug 28 07:40:58 2017

Inaccurate messages are nothing new.  Moreover, I see phantom numbers all the time (number of Active listings never matches the actual number of Active listings).  I don't know if it is a programming issue or what but the messages and information given never seems to keep up in real time.

During the active content clean-up we were still getting messages that there was active content even though it had all been removed.  This went on for weeks.

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Mon Aug 28 14:17:42 2017

It's a programming issue.  They don't understand half of the libraries they're pulling into their project.  Testing is minimal at best and all it has to do is show _a_ number so they can check off a meaningless box.  There's no accountability because nobody knows anything.

What's really scary?  Imagine every other piece of software that touches your life in some way, from a credit card scanner at the checkout to the control panel in the pilot's cockpit, and consider it written to the same laughable "standards."

by: donald This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 28 14:36:52 2017

eCrap continues its course from bad to worse. Just in case we better prepare for the worse.

If only they spend some money on competent programmers. If only they listened? If only they cared. If only...

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Tue Aug 29 06:27:41 2017

Off topic, did anyone notice the 500 free or 1 cents listings notice yesterday? They're back.   Just when our sales seem to have been stabilizing a little they bring this back, flooding the market.

An act of desperation?  Too many sellers left eBay?  Wooing them back with freebies?

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Tue Aug 29 08:22:24 2017

I don't see 500 free or 1 cent but I do have 100 free over the next 7 days.  Well, actually 3 days, not sure if it's another left-hand-right-hand deal with them or it's a late activation because they never e-mail these promotions.  Either way, I don't know if I can be bothered to do additional listings before the end of the month.  Right now I'm upset that I put up 10 pictures of a hot new item and paupers are asking for more pictures.

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Tue Aug 29 08:38:22 2017

Actually, and I know this'll upset "alaska" if he/she is still around, sometimes I just waste the promotions on duplicate listings.  All I do is add "XYZ!" to the title to fool the dupe finder and jack prices up $10 to $15 for "free" shipping.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  That's Pauperville, oops, eBay, for you!

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Tue Aug 29 10:47:13 2017

Well I take that back for now.  Apparently the promotion is buggy.  I have 3 of my 50 monthly free listings left and it's trying to charge listing fees on anything that I relist or push through "sell similar."  The promotion helpfully expires before the month turns over so I guess I won't be using any of those "free" listings.