Fri Aug 18 2017 11:34:53

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

By: Reader

I have always kept my considerable number of unsold eBay listings listed in reverse chronology; thus, I have relisted those that ended most distantly first. Today, in trying to work out an eBay glitch (my unsold file was appearing in alphabetical rather than reverse-date order, something that was spontaneous and not initiated by me), I was presented with a bunch of non-relisted items from over three months ago!

There is no way that I would have failed to relist these items; eBay "lost" them from my file. In addition, because they were "old" listings from more than 90 days ago, the images had expired!

At one point, I had suspected that eBay had "lost" some of my listings - numbers were not adding up - and it turns out that I was right. Now, if I want to sell those pieces, I have to find the images (if they are still on file in my computer; if not, I have to rescan) and alter the listings as I relist. (Because of quantity, I do not check each individual item when relisting; eBay says that they take care of everything for me, and I have accepted their assurance - to my detriment.)

Several years ago, in a similar circumstance, eBay lost about 50 items, and I spent all of Thanksgiving Day relisting from scratch.

In addition, today, though the eBay customer service rep did everything she could to be helpful, a combination of her Filipino accent and her faulty headset impeded conversation. (Nothing against Filipinos; I grew up with them.)

Things seem to get worse and worse with eBay. I will probably drop out when my store subscription expires. HAS ANYONE ELSE DEALT WITH SUCH A CIRCUMSTANCE?
G.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Fri Aug 18 14:07:52 2017

Yes. Ebafia frequently disappears what they call "stale" listings.

It is intentional.

What they don't understand is the number of "stale" listings increases inversely proportional to the declining number of eyes of viewing them.

Those who sell one of a kind quality items often have what ebafia defines as "stale" listings simply because these corporate brainiacs can no longer attract enough customers.

They can no longer attract enough customers because their search is often non functional due to excessively highly skewed algorithms, their decade long anti sellers policies have created a massive war zone in which ebafia and sellers are often at war with each other and sellers too often MUST be at war with fraudster buyers, the long ago disappearance of the level playing field including mutual TRUTHFUL feedback, and so on.

You all know the factors that have contributed to the Fall of the San Jose Empire. Problem is -- the emperor doesn't.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

by: DingDong This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 18 14:50:55 2017

I went through my inventory last month and found 32 items completely missing. Had to go reload them onto eBay.

If eBay would get rid of the "Can't see me" search engine, our items would be seen and have a higher chance of being sold.

Every time they offer 500 free listings, I list all my old stuff and manage to sell off 15-25 of the old items. I don't know if it is the timing that my items have some viewing time to the public or what.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

by: mcposty This user has validated their user name.

Fri Aug 18 23:59:07 2017

Just start making new ebay accounts. New accounts get bumped views to entice them and trick them Inot staying.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Aug 19 09:42:03 2017

NOPE!

Not here!

eBay has NEVER lost an unsold item of mine.

But I do wish eBay would go back a year instead of just 90 days for unsold or sold items. . . I want that info

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Sun Aug 20 10:29:55 2017

If the 'average' sell-thru rate (STR) is given to be about 10% (generous, even ignoring 'stale' GTC listings still active past 90 days), wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that in a given quarter, there'd likely be MORE unsold listings than active?

And if eBay has to 'hide' so many because of 'limited capacity' (despite any other justification made for it)' and that capacity must include space for 'saving' unsolds for 90 days....

Is it really surprising that some unsolds might become...'lost'?

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

by: JohnGermaine This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 21 09:50:01 2017

This has been going on ever since I started selling years and years ago.  Some listings do not move to Unsold when they expire.  I find by accident 3 or 4 of them every month.  It's a known issue they have never done anything about - they ignore it.  Instead they initiate new stuff that is of no value to anyone.  It seems that they could put one of the new hires on this and solve it, but they never have.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 21 13:23:08 2017

I don't know if the OP knows that you can sort through your items by date or by title. To get your items back to the date you want just click on date at the top of the column that should fix it. You may have to do that twice to get it go to the date you want to start with.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

by: lalaland This user has validated their user name.

Mon Aug 21 13:44:04 2017

G.  Keep an eye open when re-upping time is near.  eBay automatically renewed mine, with no notice or asking.
 Just like they put ''Make an Offer'' on my listings.  If I had wanted offers, I would have added that option.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

by: Barbbie This user has validated their user name.

Tue Aug 22 19:39:43 2017

I have had quite a few listings go missing every month. 2 that I know of this week alone. Most of the time it is unknown items , just listing count is suddenly off.
The missing do not go to unsold and maybe one sold at some point so they would not show up there in that case.

Problems with Unsold eBay Listings   Problems with Unsold eBay Listings

This user has validated their user name. by: Working It

Thu Aug 24 05:48:23 2017

I don't know which is worse... unsold listings disappearing, or the automatic relisting of OOAK item that sold in 2014. Yes, that really happened... and it sold again, too, 2 days after the ghost listing started!
I don't use the online eBay listing tool (or app) -- I use a 3rd party tool. Thankfully, it creates a new ''item'' for listings created directly to eBay. or I would never have figured out what happened.