Sat July 1 2017 16:07:10

PayPal Stops Sending Notifications to Non-Business Accounts?

By: Reader

I have had a personal PayPal account, not a business account, for awhile now. I noticed I wasn't receiving any sale notifications and looked through my email. I haven't had a sale notification email since 6/12 and have daily sales.

I am starting my own website on Auctiva Commerce and need to have a "business" PayPal account to set up a website and am having big problems with a PayPal glitch that's currently preventing me from doing that.

I reported that glitch on EKG, but while I had PayPal on the phone I asked about the fact that I'm not receiving email notifications. I was told by the PayPal rep that they aren't sending email notifications to non-business accounts anymore.

Can you believe that? With no notice, they just stop notifying me.  I do get a phone notice but no email. As you know, of late, eBay is on a kick about sellers and buyers contacting each other. The PayPal notices contain all of a buyer's contact info. I am going to create an email list of buyers I have had for my new product line in the last 60 days and dump eBay...do you get where I'm going with this?

How is eBay going to really keep my customers away from me when PayPal supplies me with all of their contact info? Stop sending me notices and then delete the transactions for the account eventually? Maybe it's in the works.

In the meantime, I will be getting a business PayPal account and get the notices anyway as soon as they fix the glitch that's preventing that.
Askalice59

PayPal Stops Sending Notifications to Non-Business   PayPal Stops Sending Notifications to Non-Business

by: timeaftertime This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 1 22:16:52 2017

I don't have a business account either, but PP has continued to notify me of payments received for sales (regardless of venue).  The last one came in Wednesday 6/28. (No sales since.)

I also am getting ''You've been paid'' notices from eBay when the item was sold there.

This is the first I have heard about your situation.

by: timeaftertime This user has validated their user name.

Sat Jul 1 22:22:17 2017

Another thought - OP, have you checked your settings for sale notifications? Apparently you have both phone and email listed as ways to be notified. I wonder if your "default" has been changed to phone from email.

Some websites seem to somehow change settings on occasion, without notifying the account holder. The most infamous I've heard about is Global Shipping on eBay but there have been others and I wonder if PP does it too.

I do not have any listings for my phone on PP - so email is the only choice. I have been getting the "sold" notices right along for all sales, regardless of the venue on which they sell.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Jul 2 06:45:32 2017

Five stores and just a personnal account at paypal. We get hundreds of notifications of you have been paid type each day.

Something wrong with your settings.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Sun Jul 2 14:09:27 2017

I agree with the others.  Your first step should be to check your settings on PP.  Possibly something is not right in them.  I sincerely hope it is as simple as that to fix your issue.

"How is eBay going to really keep my customers away from me when PayPal supplies me with all of their contact info?"  Ebay has nothing to do with whatever issue you are having on PP.  But Ebay is not trying to keep this info from us after we have had a transaction with someone, they are far more concerned about keeping the info from us before there is an Ebay transaction.  They are trying to stop off site transactions BEFORE we ever have a transaction on Ebay.

You are correct that after we have a transaction with someone we have all the info we need if someone chooses to start having off site transactions.

"Stop sending me notices and then delete the transactions for the account eventually? Maybe it's in the works."  Now that is pretty paranoid.  I think you are just really frustrated, annoyed and a little scared because of your PP issues.  I can certainly understand that.  But if you really think through what you stated, how would any seller be able to ship out product that has been paid for if we weren't allowed to have their address.  Or if they delete the transaction, then how is Ebay to make money.  What possible purpose could that serve?

Again I sincerely hope that your problem has a simple resolution.

by: BackInBlack This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 3 00:43:48 2017

@Askalice59> "As you know, of late, eBay is on a kick about sellers and buyers contacting each other. The PayPal notices contain all of a buyer's contact info. I am going to create an email list of buyers I have had for my new product line in the last 60 days and dump eBay...do you get where I'm going with this?"

As well they should!  Other than their silly, stringent message filters, this is one of the few things eBay does RIGHT - preventing sellers from 'harvesting' buyers' personal contact info to Spam the bejeezus out of them.

Yeah, I see where you're going with this... irate customers.  Very few things make me more irate at an eBay seller than contacting me on my *PayPal* e-mail addy, which is my personal/secure e-mail addy and different from my 'public' e-mail addy I use for eBay.  If I want something from an eBay buyer, I'll find it and buy it... on eBay-- I don't *wish* to do business with you beyond that, and if I want to, "Don't call me, I'll call you."  I don't want you Spamming me with all kinds of crap-mail, and harvesting my info for that purpose is a great way for you to *at least* get a ding on your DSR come feedback time, if not be reported to eBay for harvesting my personal info for mailing lists.  You do not 'own' me as a customer, as many of you sellers here seem to think.  (And yes, I'm a seller too... but I'd *never* do this to my eBay buyers!)

I buy items from eBay sometimes paying more than I could get them elsewhere *because* I want eBay Buyer Protection and the relative anonymity of PayPal (vs. giving a strange website my credit card number).

by: BackInBlack This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 3 00:45:16 2017

>" If I want something from an eBay buyer..."

Seller*

by: EbayerAmazons Corner This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 3 03:14:10 2017

Hello Askalice59,
I agree with the others.Still receiving my notifications.Do you know of other platforms for a website that does not require a business account like weebly? Thanks

by: exdwh This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 3 05:55:40 2017

Maybe non-business account really means 'personal' account?

I know I still get e-mail notifications for refunds to my personal account.

Anyone want to send me some money to see if I get an e-mail notification? :)

--David

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Mon Jul 3 11:23:26 2017

I find it more irritating that eBay/Paypal stopped sending e-mails correctly.  You're supposed to send text as the first stream and HTML as the second stream or at least provide a proper MIME type for whatever format you send.  The way it is now, the e-mails they send is garbled HTML/CSS that's unreadable through a webmail client.  It's infuriating that they can't send a 5K text message but they _can_ manage to send 500K of hideous "WYSIWYG" markup.

This user has validated their user name. by: DTSM

Mon Jul 3 12:06:33 2017

Check you spam in-box. Many times email filters incorrectly identify PayPal email as spam. This has happened to me many times.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jul 3 14:30:13 2017

@Askalice59

Did you get your problem fixed?  If so do you know what the problem was?

@exdwh

I have a business account and have since the beginning.  In the beginning I would always receive an email for PP if a refund happened or if an echeck bounced.  For me, those emails stopped a few years back.

I have to just stay on top of my PP account since somehow PP sees no reason to send a seller refund or bounced payments notifications anymore.

David, "Anyone want to send me some money to see if I get an e-mail notification?"  Your a funny guy !!!!  LOL

by: Steverd This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 3 22:27:52 2017

I thought it was a GLITCH, last week I didn't get any Paypal notices. ALL setting correct and no changes. Then all of a sudden, it started working again, PLUS I got week old notifications.

This user has validated their user name. by: askalice59

Sat Jul 8 22:17:16 2017

Like I stated in the beginning the notifications just stopped. I have been at this eBay thing since '02 with and without a business account. I did not change my settings, but apparently Paypal did because when I asked the PP rep they said 'we have stopped sending those notices'. Now that I have a business account I'm still not receiving them. I went over the settings while OTP with Paypal. Still no notices.

@ BackInBlack No one is spamming anyone. If done fairly a customer can just opt out and they won't be bothered again. They are ''my'' customers, loyal customers, and will be happy to stay that way.

by: nelliebelle This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 12 19:59:40 2017

I have a business account and my notifications stopped.  PayPal told me there was no problem on their side, that it was the store builder for my website.  Finally, I went into my profile and added another email.  My notifications started up immediately - but to the old email!  You might also try deleting your email and then adding the same one.

This user has validated their user name. by: askalice59

Wed Jul 12 20:03:00 2017

Thanks nelliebelle. I will try it.