Mon June 12 2017 11:30:47

Feedback on New Type of eBay Marketing Email

By: Reader

Note from the editor: Along with his letter, this reader forwarded us an email from eBay that showed a picture and title of a listing "you recently browsed" (showing no pricing information) along with 4 other listings under the heading, "We've selected a few similar items for you" that showed photo, title, and But It Now Price.

This is different - showed up in my Inbox at 4pm.

This item is on one of my Saved Searches, but I have been getting a "digest" of newly listed items for each Search that arrives in my Inbox normally around 5-6am.

And, no surprise, they don't show the start price for this item. Since my searching is mostly for arbitrage, price is one of the very most important things.

I hope eBay isn't going to spew out individual ones constantly during the day. I've got nearly a hundred searches, and individual emails would clog my Inbox to the point where I'd have to shut them off in eBay's Preferences.

Of course, doing that would eliminate them sending me any Free Listing offers, too.

Thanks again, eBay.
Dan

Feedback on New Type of eBay Marketing Email   Feedback on New Type of eBay Marketing Email

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jun 12 16:34:16 2017

I get these darn things too, but never more than a couple any given day.  And they don't come in every day.  While I don't have any saved searches, I'm frequently out there searching for info or competitor pricing.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jun 12 18:43:03 2017

Easy to stop. Just don't brouse or save anything. Not worth having the junk folder filled by all the crap fleecebay thinks you want.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Mon Jun 12 19:55:13 2017

@ froggy

You are absolutely right !!!  LOL

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Tue Jun 13 19:45:32 2017

An irritant.

by: imbloated This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 15 00:37:35 2017

Browse without signing in, and just take notes in a document on your computer.

by: dans parts This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 15 22:21:55 2017

@marie

That's what I was doing - only browsing for competitor pricing.  I didn't save anything.

Since the email "digests" for my Saved Searches show up to 20 new items supposedly posted to eBay within the last day, after having seen this email with only one item in it, I was afraid I'd be getting a separate email for each item that was posted throughout the day.  Potentially hundreds of emails.

Fortunately, this must have been a fluke, since I haven't gotten another one since.  Just the daily "digests".

@bloated - I didn't think of that, but maybe I should switch to trying it that way.  It would be easy, since mostly I'm just roaming around checking prices so I have a price point to put my new listing at.

Thx for the idea.