Tue Mar 21 2017 15:06:25

Reader Reports Fake Amazon Selling Accounts

By: Reader

Not sure if anyone has reported this but Amazon is being flooded with fake accounts selling the past 2 weeks.

We use a price-matching algorithm and noticed items way below cost when our system flagged it to look to see if we wanted to price match, and that's how we stumbled upon it.

I am seeing new accounts every day with this. I can give many more examples as well as customer testimony on Facebook who contacted Amazon about it if you need.

Also they always so far are people's names as the store name as well.
A.

Reader Reports Fake Amazon Selling Accounts   Reader Reports Fake Amazon Selling Accounts

This user has validated their user name. by: eXtinctBay

Wed Mar 22 18:04:22 2017

I noticed this when listing a DVD. There were three "just launched" sellers of the same new movie, all very deeply discounted from other Amazon (and even eBay) prices. The prices were very similar.

The seller accounts were all first & last American names, and no locations were noted for any of the three.

With the new Amazon rule of no descriptions for new merchandise, perhaps we will see more of this, since it takes virtually no time to list items with no added details.

Most likely, these listings were for counterfeit DVDs. Perhaps due to this sudden infusion of new sellers and listings, Amazon has now decided to go after those who sell bogus goods (see ECB blog post from earlier today regarding a VeRO-like

This user has validated their user name. by: eXtinctBay

Wed Mar 22 18:07:46 2017

.....oops, hit wrong button.....

program in which the River may implement).

Guaranteed these sellers are not US-based, you can bet on it!!

by: donald This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 01:06:52 2017

I see it all the time and Amazon does nothing about it.

by: TheKitch This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 01:14:36 2017

I found one of the fake accounts selling household goods like mine. All items were priced at 2.99. I reported it and in 2 days, gone. Then another name popped up, same thousands of household goods at 1.99. Dropped a dime and pulled in 2 days...now another one popped up! Not sure if gone yet.

by: Jester This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 01:43:26 2017

I think the scammers are drop shipping from other sellers on Amazon then trying to get the item free or A-Z claim.

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 01:58:28 2017

This unfortunately is NOT something NEW (as in the last two weeks)on Amazon. I've been seeing this for a long time. Either they are selling at rock bottom prices or the very opposite. They come in a list thousands of pieces of inventory all in one category no matter the item and with sky high prices. I've seen sewing patterns and Crayola crayons both listed by these jokers under Car GPS systems! After awhile I got tired of reporting them. I found it especially interesting as I knew what I had to do to get the amount of inventory as well as the variety I have, and here suddenly these sellers supposedly have it all. I would much prefer

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 02:01:24 2017

woops!

I would much prefer to sell items directly to customers and not be used as a drop shipper, although in general I have higher prices so these scammers are most likely buying the $1.99 pattern to have shipped to the customer and who knows what kind of shape the new item they just bought will be in!

by: topdog This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 09:11:23 2017

Most of these scammers aren't selling fakes, they're selling vaporware. They take your money and, given that there's a long window before the "item" is supposed to arrive, figure that a decent percentage of shoppers forget about the purchase or decide it's not worth taking the time and effort to get their small amount back. It's a total scam, and it's a very serious one, given that Amazon has (so far) done nothing to stop it.

by: xara This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 10:23:37 2017

I noticed this and reported it to Amazon over 2 moths ago.  These ''sellers'' are not sellers at all.  They will never ship whatever you buy from them.  Take the money and run.  I made a test purchase from one of these sellers who was selling an item for 50% less than anyone else.  The expected delivery date came.  No product.  I contacted Amazon.com.  They said give it 3 more days.  Still no product.  Filed an a-2-z claim.  It took over a week, but I did receive a refund.  I explained to Amazon how this latest scam was costing Amazon (and their customers) huge sums.  These losses have to be enormous.  Probably in the millions of dollars monthly.  I sent my email to Jeff Bezos.  I received a response from one of his assistants apparently dedicated to responding to his emails.  They thanked me for my concern, and said they would look into the problem.  Judging by the reports of others, this enormously expensive problem is only growing in magnitude.  Whatever group is running this scam has discovered and is exploiting an apparent weakness in Amazon's security system.  They are undoubtedly located in one or more overseas location where access to bank accounts is not as regulated as it is here.  They set up a seller account, price a bunch of usually expensive products at bargain prices, wait for the first batch of orders, receive their biweekly Amazon bank deposit, and eventually get shut down when the Amazon geniuses eventually detect the scam.  That account is then closed down after receiving 100% negative feedback.  It is very troubling that Amazon cannot spot these accounts immediately upon their registration and product listing.  It sounds like everyone here can spot these accounts from a mile away.  Amazon needs to turn their watchful eye towards this latest breed of scammers and away from hassling honest US based sellers.

by: SmartBidder This user has validated their user name.

Thu Mar 23 14:03:41 2017

Either no one has noticed or it hasn't been mentioned yet but many of these ultra low offers tell you to either email or text before ordering.  You'll see that in the "condition" description.  I would think a bot would notice that and prevent it from listing in the first place. Odd.

by: booklover27 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Mar 27 11:00:16 2017

A new flood of suckers...I mean sellers are coming into Amazon.  They tank the prices in hopes of improving their feed back.  Unfortunately, I don't trust Amazon and I personally think Amazon itself is putting in these so called sellers (bots) to drive the prices down after everyone raised them to compensate for the highest fees ever on the internet.  They are blood-sucking vampires...