Thu Nov 16 2017 10:54:09

eBay Breaks Email Marketing as Seller Sales Slump

By: Reader

The tool eBay sellers use to market to customers isn't working, according to a reader who is facing their worst holiday season in 18 years.

I know that the geniuses at eBay are doing everything in their power to prevent communication between sellers and buyers, but there is a new "glitch" at eBay right before the holidays that is beyond ridiculous.

Email marketing is not working. You prepare your letter to be sent to your store subscribers, they mark it as sent, but no letters go out. Of course, since you can only send email through email marketing once a week, you have to wait another week to try again.

This has been going on for at least 2 weeks and I've called them several times about it. It is a "high priority" known problem that "they are working on."

I was hoping that perhaps a letter to my customers would inspire sales - which have bottomed out due to eBay's changes and ineptitude - but they are determined to give me my worst holiday season in 18 years.
Auelox2

eBay Breaks Email Marketing as Seller Sales Slump   eBay Breaks Email Marketing as Seller Sales Slump

by: drumnguy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 16 12:49:56 2017

I feel your pain.  This is supposed to be our busiest time of the year selling choral risers on eBay.  I am a 14 year eBay selling veteran and sell expensive, large and heavy items.  There is a major bug in the eBay checkout system preventing customers from buying freight items (large over 150 lbs) from me.  This problem started occurring on 10-25-17 and I have called ebay at least 5 times trying to get the problem resolved.
Here is what is happening:
1) customer clicks buy it now button agreeing to purchase my item.
2) customer get error message stating that seller does not ship to his state.
3) buyer cannot request a total from seller to add freight shipping costs and send buyer an invoice.

I have lost over $2000.00 in sales in the past 2 weeks and no one at eBay can seem to solve or even troubleshoot the problem.  I have screenshots that my buyers have sent me showing the error messages.  eBay holds no value for my business if they cannot complete a simple sales transaction.  The ship is sinking fast!

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 16 18:45:59 2017

everyday another glitch that screws the sellers....

its so bad that I now think that all these screw ups are really some master plan to kill off fleecebay

there is now way the ceo and his henchmen should be employed

by: cybewings This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 16 20:36:06 2017

No emails have been sent out Since Sept 28th!!! System failure

by: Stone This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 20 01:00:49 2017

I too went through the very same thing today. I know it hasn't been working because I'm on my mailing list & haven't received one for several weeks.

by: marty This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 20 04:33:05 2017

I have had this problem for years. In the past there was at least a 50-50 chance that it would work. Last 2 months it does not at all. I receive no emails and under the 'open emails' column there is a dash, meaning nobody opened it. Which only happens because they did not receive it. I try every weekend. PATHETIC! The latest twist is that for a couple of hours there was a message, under the pending  emails, indicating that sending of the email 'failed'. Later it was moved to 'Sent''. Of course it was not as I did not get the copy and it shows nobody opened it.
If it were not for the hard working sellers, this company would fall apart. What do you expect from a company run by children?

by: EbayerAmazons Corner This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 20 04:35:35 2017

Sales are so bad on Ebay in the UK that it could not get any worse.I made 10 sales so far in November and I have lost my motivation for Ebay and now speechless. I am praying that a new marketplace I just joined giving its sellers 1 year free subscription will work.I have been putting off joining Amazon because they compete with their sellers while charging them very high fees and allow buyers to request and receive a refund when the goods have been posted to the buyer even before the goods has reached the buyer leading to untold losses for sellers.I will never leave myself vulnerable to Amazon or Ebay ever again this one hurts real bad.

by: Windkissed This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 22 08:33:28 2017

You have the option of compiling your own email list and emailing directly to your customers thru your own email account.  I have been compiling an email list for the last 5 years I have been on ebay.  At the end of this year I hope to start a newsletter or blog with my list.  You can email your customers directly and still direct them to ebay for sales.

by: Windkissed This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 22 08:35:59 2017

Also, that year this time I was busy up until New Years and even afterwards but as of the 10th of November my sales dropped to NOTHING.  Something is amiss?