Wed Nov 1 2017 21:02:17

Seller Says eBay Hurricane Protection Is MIA

By: Reader

I live in Florida and was impacted by Hurricane Irma. I had no electricity and no internet and no phone for 12 days just like hundreds of people like me that sell on eBay. Even tho eBay made the big announcement that no accounts would suffer defects from Irma, my account and many of my friends' accounts are showing defects in "tracking not on time" and also the second Dashboard of "late shipments".

When the Post Office is closed it is a pretty good indication that the mail is not going out on time. eBay does not understand this.

Now I see another announcement that eBay will NEVER use the disasters against the sellers, but their actions prove otherwise. I have made upwards of 30 calls since Irma to have the defects erased from my Dashboard. They instead sent me a 30 day reprieve.

I am a Top Rated Seller and eBay's inaction on the defects will move me down to ABOVE STANDARD for a situation over which I and thousands of other disaster victims have no control.

Please can you help we Sellers from being victimized twice - once by the Hurricanes which include Harvey, Irma and Maria, and also by eBay being insensitive and probably criminal towards us. How can we make a living with eBay being totally out of sync with their proclamations of "ABSOLUTELY NO DEFECTS WILL BE COUNTED TOWARD SELLER ACCOUNTS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF HURRICANES HARVEY, IRMA AND MARIA"

Thank you, Ina for the great service you perform on all E commerce sites. We rely upon you to get out the messages. Christmas is coming and I can see no sales in the coming weeks.
S.

Note from the Editor: Here is the link to the September 6th eBay announcement regarding Hurricane Irma, and here is the link to the September 10th eBay announcement where it promised additional help and provided a special telephone number for assistance. Readers, please let us know your experiences if you were impacted by the recent hurricanes.

Seller Says eBay Hurricane Protection Is MIA   Seller Says eBay Hurricane Protection Is MIA

by: TrickyMick This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 1 21:21:13 2017

I too, was without power,internet, and fuel for 7 days, no internet for 12... but I could drive and use a friends connection to get my labels done once I had fuel to drive. UPS was out working 4 business days after the storm... but they have their own fuel network.  I put my store on vacation mode before Irma made a direct hit, it wasnt for long enough, as the storm was not supposed to zero in on Naples... It took me 8 calls, and about 3 hours to get most of the defects ''blocked'' they still show, but at this point.... I'm not spending more time with reps. I sat on hold twice for 45 minutes each time 20-30 days after the storm hit.  Ebay customer service sucks!  Nothing new there. ''We'll make a note'', ''everthing should show correctly in 24 hours''... I feel sorry for Texas Harvey sellers, they had it much worse.

by: TrickyMick This user has validated their user name.

Wed Nov 1 21:28:47 2017

Let me re-phrase that.. I dont think the reps suck themselves... I think the system that they have to work with sucks.. limiting their ability to fix things. The Americans are usually pleasent to talk too, and I treat them like sellers... Im sure they are frustrated and catch grief from sellers.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 2 05:19:24 2017

Come on now. Really? did you actually think ebay was going to look out for you - really? They have no skin in the game except to make more money. Every time they knock down another TRP they make more money. I sincerely hope that you don't think it's just limited to you guys in the storm centers - your not special - their doing it to everyone. I do feel for you guys - mother nature slapped the heck out of you and ebay follows it up with a wack too. As the end of the 4th quarter approaches I expect to see really outrageous desperate attempts to salvage their corporate bottom line.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 2 05:24:34 2017

The only thing Ebay cares about is the bottom line. THEIRS.

Everything else is lip service. Funny how many people still believe the lip service Ebay gives.

by: Barbbie This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 2 09:02:16 2017

I was very fortunate that the last time I was hit hard by a hurricane we did not have that defect system. My only fear was negatives but no one left any, some even patiently waited until I could mail and the ones that cancelled were nice about it. Ebay did not say or do anything to me but that was in 2005.
The last time I had an unexpected long outage it fortunately began on a Friday, first I drove to an area on Sunday where I could access the internet with my cell. Took down all the sale info and then went back got all the sold items drove to my brothers 10 hours away and shipped them and stayed there until the electric was back on.
Just do the best you can and don't count on ebay helping you.
I would probably develop a disaster plan for future issues.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 2 10:18:19 2017

The only common sense disaster plan is to put the store on vacation. If you don't get hit then take it off vacation. If you do get hit then there isn't anything to worry about as no one can buy anything.

A little foresight and planning can save you a lot of problems afterwards. No foresight or planning then you will reap the rewards of stupidity and having to deal with Glitchbay.

Not supposed to hit us is an excuse. Weathermen are more often wrong then right. Foresight, Planning.

by: buffalochick This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 2 12:30:51 2017

The spotlight is off on those storms, ebay shone while it was on, appearing like a caring entity. Now that it is off?  Back to the thieving, greedy, crooked, broken company that it is really is.  No lipstick until the next storm.  Did you really expect any different?  How many times do you have to be promised stuff to realize that it will never happen?  Ebay ONLY cares about ebay, and ebay is desperate for growth, ebay is 100% in bed with the china sellers, WHO DO NOT BUY.  Ebay is suffering the fate of their own bad decisions.  No one there EVER cares about the big picture, only the short gain.  Nothing there ever changes.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Thu Nov 2 19:08:46 2017

Never underestimate the power of Hurricane eBay to render a terrible situation even more terrible.  Their blatent lies (re: situatonal weather related 'protection') coupled with their unprecedented level of incompetence - even if they DID have some level of good intent - means you blessed souls who lost so much and endured such hardship now stand to lose more so desperately needed to be able to rebuild and reconstitute.

They should be ashamed.  Of all the inhuman actions that might have followed the unprecented impact of these latest three mega storms, eBay's clear obstruction, or even lack of follow through in fulfilling a promise to protect their TRUE customers revealed by these posts is despicable.

No other word for it.  Despicable.

by: DIANE1104 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Nov 5 17:50:11 2017

They have taken care of everything for me on 4 accounts. I emailed the hurricanerelief@ebay.com that was in the original message and they have done to date everything they said they would. Removed late shipping defects and credited store fees so far for 2 months. You have to contact the right people. Look at the original message and get the email address thats what I did