Wed Oct 25 2017 20:42:33

eBay Seller Seeks Help with Third Party Listing Tool

By: Reader

Any chance this could be posted to letters to the editor? I definitely need some help. I have been listing on eBay full time since 2001. I list about 50 unique individual vintage items each week.

I used Marketworks in the past and switched to InkFrog Classic about 10 years ago.  It has always worked great. These days they have not gotten it to fully comply with eBays new https standards (even though they say it does). Only getting a partial description to show because of a link to inkfrog.com at the bottom. Losing sales because of that.

They have a new program called Inkfrog Open which is compliant but is terrible. I have over 20 hours into working with it and it's a big step backwards. It literally takes me 4x as long to list something as the classic version. I am to my wits end trying to give it a chance.

I have tried just listing right to eBay but like being able to schedule time to bulk launch them staggered a few minutes apart at a certain day and I generally need to host more than 12 images on the vintage items, etc., that I sell.

If anyone has any input or ideas, it would really be appreciated. Thank you!
Dan

eBay Seller Seeks Help with Third Party Listing To   eBay Seller Seeks Help with Third Party Listing To

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Wed Oct 25 23:01:13 2017

Dan, I totally agree. Inkfrog Open for vintage items is very time consuming and not yet fully compliant. I had to revise every single photo from http to https. This was recently trying to list only a few listings from Open since everything in my library is still in Inkfrog Classic. I even retook all new photos and did everything from scratch.After listing to eBay, it showed my listings as not compliant. Using eBay's compliant tool manually entering each listing, it showed the listings as unsecure no matter how many times I revised the same listings. To edit 12 photos in each listing was very time consuming.

Inkfrog Open it seems is only designed for multi quantity, new and mega sellers. Those of us who sell unique, used, antiques and collectibles have to keep struggling along if we want to stay relevant. Wish Greg would at least make an import tool to bring our listings and photos from the Inkfrog Classic library over to Open. Every month I am paying Inkfrog for what, for me to do double and triple the work!?

by: eebart This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 25 23:33:00 2017

Switch to Auctiva. It is vastly superior to Inkfrog. I have used both, so I speak from experience. Also, you can link 3 eBay accounts to Auctiva for the same price but your pix have to be on the individual accounts or stored on your computer for easy access.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 00:12:12 2017

Here's what I want - some way to export my listings to MY OWN website on a daily basis. Much like what Bonanza does but Bonanza webstores are not independant - they are still dictating what can and can not be listed regardless of wether you have your own domain name. Lemme tell you - the first programmer who comes up with this is going to be a very rich person.  Since ebay is so hung up on new content - that senario would allow me to concentrate on creating new listings instead of creating on ebay then copying and pasting to my website. I'd be doing the work only once. I'd sure love that.  Realistically it would be like storage for expired items but would keep my inventory "fresh" on ebay.

This user has validated their user name. by: Bill

Thu Oct 26 00:22:49 2017

Yes I have been using Auctiva for years and have never had a problem. It posts when I want and I can handle all of my sales through them if I want. I can email my customers through them and I have super size photos and scrolling gallery and all my pages on eBay are HTTPS. It sounds like InkFrog is using the same coders that eBay has. LOL

by: poetryinpower This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 00:38:00 2017

I feel your pain.  I've been using inkfrog for years and went through exactly the same trouble you're experiencing.  I'm just emerging from these hassles and must say...it's worth the trouble.  Eventually, you'll have a lot more flexibility with your listings.

As eBay adds advertising to your eBay listings - chewing up the screen real estate - you need to fight back by having a program that can distribute your listings to alternative websites: Amazon, Etsy, and your own site.  The functionality that inkfrog is developing (albeit, they haven't yet arrived there) will provide that.

Inkfrog's problem is poor documentation and training.  Also, they are still writing their software.  I often see features popping up as I work with Open - usually making it easier to use.

However, I encourage you to hang in there and make generous use of their responsive tech support.

Avoid using both eBay Seller Hub and inkfrog for editing and listing management - it causes conflicts.

Make careful use of Profiles - they will really speed up creating new listings.

I always use .csv import to create new listings.  If you repeat a lot of details in each auction, you can put them in a profile that will keep you from typing each time.  (BTW, you can also do that in a .csv file).

Hang in there and keep trying to learn Open.

Inkfrog classic has no future, though they will keep supporting it, I suppose.

by: Barbbie This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 00:40:39 2017

It isn't any easier with open. When this first started, I followed the directions and it didn't do anything to my active content so I did most of it individually on ebay. Finally I tried again and it worked on about half of what was left so I am still plodding along down to 435 to go today.
Unfortunately, what it didn't tell you was that any changes you made on ebay would revert back to when you listed them originally on inkfrog when you run the fix. What a mess.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Oct 26 02:53:40 2017

While you try to figure out what you want to do for the long run, there is something you can do in the short run.

Once your listing is posted onto Ebay, edit the listing.  Go to the description, drop all the way down where the inkfrog link is.  Highlight the entire link and then delete it.

Then save the change and post the revised listing.  You can go into the listing and with that link gone, you comply with the new Ebay rules on HTTP vs HTTPS and your description will be fully displayed.

by: foothill This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 03:52:17 2017

Dan. I totally agree.
Been with Inkfrog since Sparedollar + 10 Years.
Inkfrog Open total disaster.
Even if you have lot of Inkfrog experience,Open It's one nightmare of click, click...
One example from Open.
Unsold folder totally unorganized. Also micro.. size gallery images, hard to see.
I have 16.000 images and I stick with Inkfrog Classic until Classic will be shut down..

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 07:49:05 2017

Inkfrog is not up to date with this or with the UPC requirement.
THE ONLY WAY to get them right is BULK EDIT on ebay

Do 500 at a time, description/find and replace http: replace with https: (now if it doesn't link that cannot be fixed, and NONE of the wonderful Selling Manager Pro banners link, but I figure ebay should know their own rules, RIIIIGHT???)

If inkfrog has yur photos with http: as the lnk YOU BETTER FACEBOOK THEM and do it today.

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 07:49:47 2017

BTW PS.

If you edit on ebay, TURN OFF YOUR DESCRIPTION SYNC setting, or it will overwrite them back to the trash you just fixed

by: VeeFinder This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 08:28:08 2017

I feel your pain. We used them for a while too but it just got worse and worse so we dropped it. If you have a Mac, GarageSales from IWasCoding is pretty awesome. A bit confusing for me at first because I had a pc before so it was a pretty steep learning curve with the new laptop and new software. But I'm very happy with it now. It is a one-time payment and they update it frequently, have a forum if you need help and respond super fast to any direct support email. Get it directly from their site https://www.iwascoding.com/

If you are on PC, have you tried sixbit? I never used it but know some that like it.

Wishing you all the best!

by: Bethofvt This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 09:09:12 2017

I have been a user of both Inkfrog and Auctiva. Auctiva is far superior and the only one I use now. It will be painful at first, but switch to Auctiva. You will be glad you did.

by: trader_chris This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 09:31:50 2017

I agree with VeeFinder. I have been using Garage Sale for Mac for years. You do all of your listings offline and then upload them to eBay when you get a chance. The only thing I would recommend is that if you plan on doing auctions at a specific time, upload them to eBay in advance (you'll have to pay the $0.10 / listing fee), which allows you to catch any problems with the listing in advance, such as missing UPC, problems with photos not being big enough, etc.

by: mushroomcathy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 09:51:02 2017

I didn’t know you could link three accounts with Auctiva, I will have to check on that!

by: spooky This user has validated their user name.

Thu Oct 26 10:30:39 2017

for many years I used Auctiva to list and when that company completely failed on keeping their APP working I had to switch to listing directly from eBay site using the APP on my iPad. I am so glad I did as all the interface bugs no longer mattered and I mastered it within 1 week's work. I advise you to drop Inkfrog entirely and simply use eBay APP on whatever device you prefer.

This user has validated their user name. by: I Am Not A Crook

Fri Oct 27 19:48:28 2017

Dan,

Before your decide on any particular thing, be sure to try AuctionWizard2000.  I've tried everything, and used AuctionWizard for years.  (I have NO association with this program, of ANY kind)

Unlimited Profiles, All the eBay ID's you want, Move listings from one ID to another, Work 100% offline, Load auctions automatically & staggered by 10 seconds or more, Schedule Starting times, Download Results anytime, Auto load Images to online storage with NO special work by you (You need an FTP account somewhere of course), AuctionWizard will upload, name & link all the images for you, Templates, Easy Html, Pure Html, Csv, Auction Previews without ever even going on eBay, Built in eBay categories, TONS MORE.

60 day free trial.  Gazillions of features.  User forum & boards, but almost no one uses them anymore.  The owner (Thom) will quickly answer to any problems.  Problems are nearly non-existant.  This program eliminates the entire TurboLister hassle.

I have NOT listed on eBay for a few months, so try it out using the eBay Test Auction category, and a simple template.  Not simple, but not at all hard, there is just SO MUCH valuable stuff to learn, takes a while.  Be certain that it is updated for the new HTTPS on eBay, as that seems to be an issue with lots of sellers

Good Luck,

This user has validated their user name. by: I Am Not A Crook

Fri Oct 27 19:56:21 2017

Dan,

As you probably know.........   (Everything keeps changing)

And as soon as you get all your listings into a single ''Format'' basket, something bad will always happen.  All sites I list on accept CSV.

And store your pics in ABSOLUTELY organized files, with a way to find them from any particular listing.

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Fri Oct 27 23:56:09 2017

These seem to all be constructive and productive suggestions coming from competent and experienced sellers.  Nice.

Dismaying to contemplate, however, the necessity for these ideas and how much one has to work AROUND eBay just to work WITH eBay.

Good thing there are still some apparently infinitely tolerant and high e-pain threshold souls out there still able to toss a line.

Pray for their strength.  They're likely to remain verrrry busy with eBay's incessant 'improvements'.

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 3 10:36:51 2017

BARBBIE:  YOU MUST DELETE all unsold, and any "ready to list" if you fix 'em direct on ebay. Turning off the ebay sync helps also.