Mon Oct 16 2017 23:06:42

eBay Change Results in Accidental Relists

By: Reader

eBay has been putting previously sold items in our unsold folder causing us to re-list them. Do to this we have had to cancel several transactions which has caused our account to be considered "Below Standard".

We had to take down over 150 listings to stop it from happening again but it was too little too late. Now I have to fight with eBay to remove these hits.

Several of the items that we had to cancel and refund were purchased by the same buyers that bought them the first time since they were one of a kind collectibles.
Tom

eBay Change Results in Accidental Relists   eBay Change Results in Accidental Relists

by: cash4clothesbozeman This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 00:20:29 2017

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!   This is reeking havoc on my site.  out of top rated for 3 months to the tune of hundreds of dollars.  When I called eBay they told me based on experience.  When I relist I should do it from the ended folder.  NOT the unsold folder!!!!!  They know this is an issue

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 01:25:06 2017

Ebay has two folders that are basically the same:  Unsold & Ended Listings.  It's a duplication and it means the same.  If the item is unsold, it ended; right?  So why do they have two folders?
I have listed duplicates too due to items being in the Unsold folder.  It's hard to keep track of inventory.

by: Not A FOOL This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 06:17:43 2017

This issue has been going on for 3 years. eBay did nothing for me when I called. It's one of the reasons I decided to launch my own site. Several times a month, sold items ended up in my unsold folder and would be relisted in error. Fortunately, I could take from my own collection and save myself the ding.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 07:56:58 2017

@not a fool -- what platform do you use for your website?

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 09:14:01 2017

I recently had an item relisted that was sold several months ago. Here's what I think is happening - just how many sellers lose the TRS discount because of the inability to fill the orders? I did. My wacks are coming from out of stock issues. Were a couple of them my fault? absolutely. Not in denial. Were some of them attributed to that infamous "ghost relister?" Absolutely. And just why should ebay fix it if it knocks you out of your discount and they make money from it?  One more time. And just why should ebay fix it if it knocks you out of your discount and they make money from it?

by: tristarbuds This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 09:54:56 2017

This actually just happened to me last night.  I couldn't find a set of melmac gravy boats.  I don't have thousands of pieces in my inventory.  I work out of my home, no warehouse.  I know where I put the items when listed, in clear totes, or on bookshelves if breakable items.  Spent 3.5 hours searching through everything here, finally just had to cancel the order.  This is the third time in a year that this happened.  I'm just a small seller, with all their fees and lowering of FVF, I don't make much, I don't want to lose my FVF status.

by: semper fi This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 15:03:56 2017

This has been going on for more than 3 years. As a seller on eBay from day one when all we had was a dial up connection, I have had this problem for over 5 years now and calls to CS are all responded to by the same-lame remark; "IMPOSSIBLE, THIS MUST BE SOMETHING YOU ARE DOING WRONG. EBAY CAN'T RELIST ITEMS FOR YOU UNLESS YOU HAVE IT SET UP FOR AUTOMATIC RE-LIST" At times I would find items that were sold months before and all of a sudden they appear again in my listings. ebay is very good at lying and denying about their consistent screw ups. Yes I too have gone from being a Top Rated Seller, to below standard so they can take the discounts away. And I'm sure those dollars show up in the executives bonus checks each year.

by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Wed Oct 18 23:51:18 2017

Yes. I have had this happen as well and several times. I do not run "good to cancelled" items so that is not the problem.