Thu Jan 19 2017 13:08:04

eBay Lets Buyers Purchase Items that Are Sold Out

By: Reader

eBay has a problem it just won't fix. For the fourth time this month, eBay has allowed a sale of a sold-out item.

I have contacted Customer Service several times only to be told that ultimately it is my responsibility.

Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks
E.

eBay Lets Buyers Purchase Items that Are Sold Out   eBay Lets Buyers Purchase Items that Are Sold Out

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Jan 19 14:09:01 2017

Here's another one.  Every time I log into one of my accounts I see a "NEW MESSAGE".  When I click on it it is a message that I answered many days ago. It will not go away.

Doesn't sound like much, but what worries me is that eBay track everything. Are their systems telling them that I am not answering an email from a buyer?  Does that have ramifications and feed their algorithm thus punishing me in search?

It would not surprise me at all.

by: RL15 This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jan 19 14:20:52 2017

I have had fleaBay relist some of my items that were long gone. I do not use autorelist. Of Cours fleabay was no help. What I did was cancel with problem with a buyers address, send the buyer a message explaining why I cancelled and refunded. Most of the buyers are understanding, a couple left me neutral feedback. Better than a neg.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Thu Jan 19 16:01:16 2017

This happens regularly to me.

What a hot mess this company is/

by: Snapped This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jan 19 19:08:46 2017

"It is yet another ebafia "glitch" that they refuse to fix because they lack the motivation, knowledge, and competence to fix it."

I'd vote for 'motivation'.  As in, why fix something that boosts 'apparent' GMV growth.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Thu Jan 19 22:10:10 2017

eBay doesn't fix any glitch unless they're losing money because of it.

by: Moonwishes This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 20 02:54:39 2017

If something is showing zero (O) quantity then how can it be sold and how is it the seller's responsibility??? It is a glitch in the ebay computer, certainly not the seller's. No seller wants to sell something they don't have as it is a big hassle and time waster because even if your database says zero, you still go and search to be sure you didn't overlook it somewhere which is more than ebay is willing to do. Sounds like an Amazon ghost listing!

by: Art-in-part This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 20 03:13:58 2017

Dear Rexford,
If you answer to eBay "NEW MESSAGE" via email it will still show it on eBay as unanswered message...

by: Barbbie This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 20 07:47:36 2017

Amazon does it all the time. A couple of times I thought I had reduced items to 0 on ebay and they sold, thought it was just me though.  As with all other ebay technical problems, they will not admit it ever happened nor fix it.

by: pebbles This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 20 09:32:56 2017

This has happened to me twice this month. Items both has been sold months ago and they somehow sold it again in both cases. I do not sell on Amazon, so it's more than a cross platform glitch.

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Fri Jan 20 10:25:44 2017

"eBay doesn't fix any glitch unless they're losing money because of it."

And eBay actually makes money when you refund because they keep the fixed component of the Paypal transfer fee.

by: donald This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 20 12:37:38 2017

ebay has turned in to a disgrace for a lack of a better word.  I see glitches all the time and when I call is a total waste of time.  The other day I came across one when paying for an item and another revising my items. The Philippine lady tells me after spending 45 minutes on phone that I had to start with a new listing.

I do not remember coming across so many problems before Donahoe. Wenig seems to be helping but not by much.

by: Paul-WBO This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 20 12:50:55 2017

Seems like changing the price to some rediculous amount could prevent this, but I think it would also require the quantity to be set to something other tan zero in order for eBay to allow the revised listing be saved. I wish eBay would elimiate that requirement. There's got a way to reduce the quantity available via  their API  because Bonanza is able to reduce my eBay listing's quantity available when items sell on Bonanza.

by: Bubbles This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jan 20 21:46:24 2017

Has been going on for years and eBay always deny fault.