Wed Aug 24 2016 15:26:40

Should Presidential Candidates Weigh in on China Shipping Issue?

By: Reader

I am sure any EcommerceBytes reader is well familiar with USPS effectively subsidizing
the free or low cost shipping offered by many Chinese (etc.) sellers on eBay, Amazon,
etc.

Has either Presidential campaign discussed or commented on this? I'd think that the Trump campaign in particular would be interested in this issue.

Thanks!
Paul

Should Presidential Candidates Weigh in on China S   Should Presidential Candidates Weigh in on China S

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 24 16:00:14 2016

I would hardly think that either Trump or HiLIARy have given that a passing thought.

Be to many more important issues that affect millions of people.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 24 17:08:28 2016

On their list of talking points its probably not even there.

Its not important enough for anyone but a seller.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Wed Aug 24 21:01:59 2016

Well Hillary is clueless since she is buddy buddy with John Donahoe and in the same tax bracket. They share the same view of "no touchy China".

by: Frank F This user has validated their user name.

Wed Aug 24 22:31:41 2016

I'm sure that this would be a bullet point on the list of areas we need to focus with regard to our trade deficits with other countries, particularly with China. ALSO, its even more important to talk about the theft of our intellectual property as there is widespread abuse of this on ebay and ebay just looks the other way as its making them money. Just like immigration reform, where there are a large number of issues, the trade issue has just as many and we need to address ALL the problems! AMERICA FIRST! And TRUMP is the only man that will solve this problem. Clinton will be just like Obama, she will ignore it and let them continue to dump on our country!

by: Bloggo This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 25 02:13:53 2016

As long as a guy like Trump can get his Made In China products shipped here cheaply, he has no reason to care either.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Aug 25 03:25:06 2016

@froggy

That is an interesting way to type Hilary's name.  As you designed it, it is very telling to your position.  Which I respect.

My personal opinion is that Trump is no boy scout.  He sometimes contradicts himself in the same sentence.  He is not truthful on many things either.  That certainly doesn't make things right for Hilary, but it does mean he has no room to sling mud.

There was an article here about this subject recently.

1468981275.html

I'm
not sure how much influence either candidate would have in the process.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Aug 25 07:09:50 2016

Trump's "made in China" shirts, ties and belts. Because ambulance chasing attorneys and pay day lenders have to wear something.

If either of the candidates are aware of the deal China gets on shipping I'd be surprised.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 25 07:49:14 2016

@Marie

I support Trump for one reason only. You can only vote for one of two losers on the ballot or not vote at all.

The HiLIARy is second choice.

No need to respond.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Aug 25 10:59:27 2016

The only thing that scares me more than Trump are the folks who intend to vote for him.

This user has validated their user name. by: RKTOYS

Thu Aug 25 11:37:06 2016

The bigger picture is that our country is directed by people who can't find serious opposition for candidates like Trump (and Obama before him).  These are the kind of people who wonder why the working class doesn't just buy more money.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Thu Aug 25 11:53:23 2016

When Hillary becomes president I'm going to sign up for food stamps, a Obama phone, sec 8 housing, Obama care, and just about anything else I can get for free from our great nation.

Isn't that what the liberals want? For us all to be dependent on the government for everything?

I'LL TAKE THAT FREE RIDE ~ LOL

by: Randy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 25 12:36:09 2016

Since 99.9% of all Postal Workers are Dumbocrats, I doubt Killary would want to touch this issue.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 25 13:01:09 2016

@Rexford

Whats really scary is that these two elitist are the best that America has to lead it.

Its no wonder we are in a world of do do.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Aug 25 13:06:18 2016

@Randy

The US postal service doesn't control this issue nor does a presidential candidate.  I gave a link above to another article on this site that explains it much better than I can.

@froggy

You have the right to support anyone you choose, I take no issue in that at all.  We may have differences of opinions, but that wasn't my point.  My ONLY point was you were marking Hilary as a liar when Trump is not innocent of that and may very well do it far more frequently as is evidenced on the news.  From your rendition of typing her name it suggested that you thought one lied and the other didn't.  Which as I am sure you know there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Who you support is your business and I support your right to support who you feel is best.

This user has validated their user name. by: Beanie

Thu Aug 25 13:33:32 2016

30+ years is more than I can stand of the Clinton Corruption machine. Lies and scandals follow them like a dark cloud. Granted, Trump is NOT perfect, but I believe he will be a better choice. Why NOT give him a chance. We have seen what a Obama administration has produced and Hillary will be more of the same. Trump has my vote. Just about everyone I talk to is voting Trump. They are sick of the status quo. A LOT is riding on this election. Not just for now, but way into the future with the Supreme Court nominees. For the life of me I cannot understand why ANYONE would vote Hillary in with everything that has been exposed in the past and right now.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Thu Aug 25 14:55:12 2016

Whether you vote or don't vote for Trump or Hillary, the United States will be changed forever.

Could China purchase the USPS if it goes under? I would think it could not be possible but then look at the Presidential Candidates.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Thu Aug 25 17:39:52 2016

Wow, I didn't know there was so much gloom and doom in the country.  Gas prices lower than in many years, stock market doing well, unemployment at around 5%, home values up, more people with health insurance coverage than in many years, strong dollar...those Democrats have just ruined the country.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Thu Aug 25 17:57:11 2016

@Rexford The 25% of top Americans are rolling in dough if you would believe them

The rest of us are still trying to recover from losing everything in 08-09. Are employed in lower paying jobs, or working two of them to put food on the table for the family.

We have no or hardly any savings as that was all used to live on the past few years. Above all our health insurance costs us an arm and half a leg thanks to Obutma care. Prices are rising again contrary to what the upper 75% see. We don't eat steak. Its hamburger 500 different ways.

Do we feel great. I don't think so. Then you hear HiLIARy claim she is broke but charging more for one useless speech to wallstreet than most of us will make in ten years. Feel good not.

Then you have Trump who probably doesn't really want to win this thing at all.

Feel great I doubt it. Everywhere you look you see your politicians dipping into the cookie jar and going to jail.

Then of course you have the seniors who are expected to live on wages from 2000 and pay higher health care to boot. Feel great I doubt it.

So if you are investing in a roaring stockmarket and driving a 10 mile per gallon car and relishing your great health care I commend you. But the rest of us don't feel so great.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Thu Aug 25 20:01:08 2016

@rexford

I think it is a result of all the gloom and doom coming out of the presidential campaign.  I agree with you.  The economy is on the mend, which is a wonderful thing.

Stuff that gets repeated enough, some start thinking it is a fact when there is nothing to support what the heck they are talking about.  yet some run with it and take it to heart.

For me, I like facts.  When someone says "they said", I'm always asking who is "they".  That only ticks off people that do not have the answer to the question.

This user has validated their user name. by: Beanie

Thu Aug 25 20:27:36 2016

@Marie, If you were talking about me with the "they said", I'm here to tell you these are people I talk to directly and at length. Not some nameless, faceless phantom. There are WAY more people voting for Trump than the biased liberal news media want the public to believe. It'll be a landslide for him. Just wait and see.

1 2 3  [Next Page]