Dear Ms. Steiner,
I read your article when it appeared on EcommerceBytes on May 26
. As I do not use the new listing tool I did not think it would pertain to me.
I am a 17 year veteran of eBay. I have over 2700 items for sale at any given time in my store. The glitch that you wrote about with eBay's new listing tool is not just in the new listing tool, as I do not use the new listing tool.
The standard listing tool "Selling Manager Pro" has the same glitch.
I listed 66 items in the past 2 days. So far 9 of the items that were purchased, have been paid to a PayPal account other than mine. I didn't know anything about this until I went to ship the items and saw that I had not been paid.
I immediately called eBay to find out what happened. I was transferred 3 times until I was connected to security who told me that they were aware of the glitch and that they would connect me to PayPal to rectify the situation. They said PayPal would take the funds out of the incorrect account and transfer them to mine. Jonathan then said he was transferring me to PayPal, except the number he transferred me to was an eBay number that never answered.
I then called PayPal directly, explained the problem and was told it was an eBay problem and I would have to call eBay. By this time I was getting extremely irate and Carla from PayPal offered to conference call with eBay.
Carla tried to get Adrian from eBay to understand that she could not help me and that eBay needed to find out why they sent payment for my items to the incorrect account. At this point eBay said they had security issues and if the conference call continued, eBay would hang up. Carla disconnected from the call. I was then transferred to Mary from security who said eBay had no such problem and no glitch ever existed.
I have had to contact my customer, cancel the order so the customer can get a refund from whomever they paid.
It is an ongoing nightmare as I don't know how, or if I will get paid, or if eBay will send the payment for my listed items to some other account.
I am writing so you can inform people of this ongoing problem, as it is not resolved. It is NOT just in the new listing tool. It is also in the Pro Merchant listing system.
In the hour and a half I spent on the phone, eBay representatives told me the glitch does exist and are working on it to fix it, and that the glitch never existed.