Wed June 8 2016 14:10:19

eBay Glitch Prevents Buyer from Completing Purchase

By: Reader

I've recently begun purchasing again on eBay after a 6 month hiatus. The "Pay Now" box has changed.

In the past, I always hit "I don't have a PayPal account" as I always pay with a credit card. I no longer need to do this, as a box to "pay by credit card" comes up immediately. However, it comes up with a credit card number already inserted and which I don't necessarily wish to use. There is an "edit" feature to change the number, but there seems to be no way of actually getting rid of the card which is "sticky" and thus apparently stored in either eBay's or PayPal's system.

I have checked my eBay accounts and my PayPal account (which I only use to receive money) and that card number is not attached to any of my accounts. So why is it "sticky" on an eBay invoice?

Also, today, I went to pay for something, clicked "edit", put in another (business) card number and paid. But the payment was debited to the original card number which is a personal credit card. So today, it become not merely annoying but a real problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And how can we make it go away?

With best regards
CW

eBay Glitch Prevents Buyer from Completing Purchas   eBay Glitch Prevents Buyer from Completing Purchas

This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen

Wed Jun 8 20:35:21 2016

So, what else is newly broken at eBay today?

by: Ephemera Dealer This user has validated their user name.

Thu Jun 9 08:03:32 2016

Is it possible this is a problem with your browser populating the field with a previously saved number? You should be able to change that (how depends on which browser is being used.)

This user has validated their user name. by: thehosst

Thu Jun 9 23:01:26 2016

with sales down 80% showing their own eBay comparison report in my dashboard, I would like to know what does work on eBay?

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri Jun 10 06:42:19 2016

Broken management = broken platform.  Management is beholden to the almighty Wall Street gods, not their customers.

by: Mer0525 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Jun 10 13:20:41 2016

I would try deleting your history and cookies on your browser. That sounds more like an issue of your browser remembering your cc number than an ebay/paypal issue.

This user has validated their user name. by: VV

Fri Jun 10 15:01:02 2016

Like Mer0525 said - this sounds more like a browser issue than an ebay issue.